Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through this thread is hilarious.

Stop going on defense mode for Zoro. He doesnt need yall to defend him. Yes he's struggling with gifters. There's nothing wrong with that. Jimbe a whole warlord was struggling with gifter tier fighters during the tea party. They outnumber him, its obviously gonna be a difficult.

Just like Luffy having some trouble against 2 flying 6 members makes sense. I just hate seeing this fandom shit, this constant need to defend every moment where Zoro or any character doesnt look overpowered in certain moments is annoying. Just chill and enjoy the action or dont and just wait for the next chapter lmao tf

Last edited:
C

critical mindset

Luffy would get whacked if it weren't for plot. The flying six are all being taken down with cheapshots and element of surprise. Oda nerfs Kaido more and more for each chapter. Only sets up for a greater disaster later down the pipeline.

Do vergo is also stronger than kid and killer combined

Because he survived a little electricity he's stronger than kid and killer combined
It wasn't "a little electricity" more like a burst of plasma being shot through him and applied to his heart, hence the term "counter shock". If I were to rub my socks against a carpet real good I can induce a static shock of upwards of some 40,000 volts, yet that static shock will only hurt me, it won't kill me. Why? It's because even if it carries a relative big voltage, it is the current it produces that actually kills you, and a static shock acts so swiftly, on the order of a microsecond (a millionth of a second) that it actually doesn't do any damage to you. I can actually get killed from the wall outlet which only has a voltage of 110 V , because what matters is also the timeframe, the duration in which the body is in circuit.

A lot of sources differ on the exact level of human resistance to electricty, ie the number of Ohms. Just looked up and one source says 10,000 ohms, another said 100,000 ohms is a pretty good ballpark, yet in perfectly dry conditions you have a reistance of Ohms on the order of some million of Ohms (when it is wet the reisitance drops significantly). Up in Skypea where the air pressure is much lower your electrical resistance would actually increase significantly (actually in perfectly dry conditions you have the buildup of static electricity).

Skypea is literally like an enclosed island where the cloud cover blots out the sun, the clouds themselves are formed from seastone, material that is extremely hard and dense enough as a bulk mass to completely darken the Blue Sea when it passes by. Skypea is essentially an extremely insulated island with high dryness and lower air pressure, so I imagine this could actually increase their resistance. Ganfall took way more electrcity than Zoro did, as in Eneru's 200 million volt attack, which even going by the increased physicals of the people in OP this should be enough to kill just about anyone; hence why you must take things like dryness, clothing (path of current) and things like that into consideration, as I firmly believe Zoro is more durable than Ganfall so hence why I just mentioned these factors.

However, Zoro taking base electrical attacks from Eneru actually quite pales in comparison to first Sanji taking a direct hit from Eneru (he held him in his palm) and then a freaking El Thor
Sanji proved himself superior to Zoro in Skypea

Anyway, to get at my example with the sock over the carpet and lightning, Ohm's law here gives a current of 40,000V/10,000hms =4A (which itself is deadly as the heart gives out from just 12 milliamperes, 1/300 of that amount) but a static shock, in the case when we rub our socks over a carpet, only acts over something like a millionth of a second, a microsecond, so the actual damage to your body is miniscule compared to when you're in contact with a wall socket of only 110V because of the fact that you're in contact much longer (and because of the nature of the nervous system you will clamp down on the thing that is shocking you, thus having you maintain contact with the wall socket for longer). Lightning lasts only for a few microseconds and you can actually survive that (I think the lion share of lightning victims actually survive, though most suffer various neurological and muscle impairments in various ways). The bones I should add are very resistant to lightning so most of the damage actually occurs to tissues close to the bones, but may also cause fibrillation, ie cardiac arrest (the shit Law intended to do with his Counter shock, which is another term for defibrillation). Lightning acts on the order of microseconds and most of it passes through the surface of the body (think it's called the "flashover effect" or something like that). The doses Ganfall was taking would, again, kill jsut about anyone, but then there are other factors to consider.

Now Vergo takes a direct counter shock which is a direct current applied to the heart, Law being a "surgeon" who controls shit in his room means he applies the current in a extremely controlled manner. Counter Shock in the medical sense is applied in extremely small doeses to act in a theurapetuc way so as to reset a heart that is flickering, ie experiencing a disorganised rhythm (etc). Small doses, or else you incite cardiac arrest and you can kill the person. Law meant to kill and shot an insanely large dose to his heart

Last edited by a moderator:
A few observations, I enjoy Oda's attention to detail.

Who is talking in this panel? It can't be Yamato, P1, or Ulti

Black Maria is going to be pissed at her brothel being damaged

No wonder P1 was kinda groggy, Utli messed him up on those stairs lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we know the presence of haki can be sensed?

Since I think these guys are all members of Sasaki's crew, it looks like he and possibly other F6 members once strived to be PK

Oh and I'll bet my avy that Sasaki's DF is an insect zoan.​
▪ First panel they are talking about yamato .
▪For sensing haki Teach did that against Luffy in impel down .

Big Meme still being used as a chaser by Oda, she's basically a tool for protagonists to go somewhere specific because they're being chased by a big monster.

She's not intimidating anymore, Oda. Good job.

Gifters are a bunch of weaklings lmao, "just give in and suck Kaido's dick"

Luffy's Haki is emitting some crazy aura ! Ulti is acknowledging Luffy, yeah no shit he beat Kuri
He got it together and one-shotted P1 in a sec, as expected
Can Luffy turn into Gear 4 without blowing into his arms now ? It's the new G2 lmao, and he seems like he used FS and noticed Yamato

Yamato looks like a boss, that club is dope and that mask is dope

Hope Oda doesn't make him look like a goofy clown behind the mask
Post automatically merged:

Why Luffy become a hype tool for a mere flying six? :josad:
The man who defeat Katakuri..
Zoro and Kid too..
This does not make any sense to this point..
Plot armor for Ulti and Page One
Hype tool for who ? Ulti ? Sure

Page One got dropped in a second

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we know the presence of haki can be sensed?
Yes, black beard sensed luffy's haki in jaya.

It isnt, I think the chapter spoke for itself lol.

They are underestimating the strength of the Beast Pirates. Luffy went as far as telling himself he needs to get his shit together and remember he's in the castle of an emperor lol.

As for my reaction to the chapter itself (sorry I included it in my reply to you, I'm too lazy to separate), it was nice and chaotic. Sanji leaving everyone for the prostitutes is hilarious, and I wonder if he'll be the one to save Momo. And like I mentioned up above, Luffy being so calm and collected and even telling himself to stop underestimating people is so fucking weird. It's like he's a different person.

His FS is actually fucking working too!
It's explained in the fight with a charecter thau uses future sight that they user needs to be calm or observation haki doesn't work

Katakuri said so

Mihawk said luffy was unusually calm when he first used observation.

It's referenced a lot that observation haki needs the user to be calm.

Why Luffy become a hype tool for a mere flying six? :josad:
The man who defeat Katakuri..
Zoro and Kid too..
This does not make any sense to this point..
Plot armor for Ulti and Page One
The man who defeated katkuri using gear 4.

The man who did it barely.

the man who needed nami to defeat cracker using gear 4.

FIghts equally in base with the tobi ropo who are next in line to be yonku commanders.

is that a diss agiasnt luffy?
He got it together and one-shotted P1 in a sec, as expected
One shotted do you what one shotted means.

Page 1 got right back up, just like when appo "one shotted" zoro and luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.