Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato did not said that, he said "I am not gonna hurt you" to Luffy, and Luffy replied that he know because he did not sense the ill intention of Yamato.
Spoiler translation:
"Stop him~!!!
Y: "Oops sorry!! Don't hurt me!!!"
Want to bet? Yamato is strong just like Kaido, do not underestimate and discredit him for what he did.
Strong just like Kaido? In your dream
All he did is cheap shot a distracted Flying Six, and whether Ulti wakes up next chapter or not is still yet to be seen.

Is it their animal instinct? Or just observation Haki? Regardless of how they realized how big of a threat Luffy is, It's a good to know Beast Pirates crew isn't comprised of complete savages who charge at enemies without thinking about who they're dealing with.
It's nice to finally see an high level executives from a Yonkou crew actually recognized Luffy strength from the get go. It takes Katakuri like 10 hours to do that, and dumb ass Queen still doesn't know how much shit he's got up his ass :queenmoji:

I have to say, the yonkos are monsters compared to other pirates....i mean just look at their crew, the sheer numbers and the veterans....and their executives who are much stronger than 70% of captains in the new world and their captain is much stronger than them....
Hawkins wasn't joking when he said they are really in a different class from them

considering the context of the scene, i'd say the spoiler translation is not accurate. But the chapter translation isnt necessarily accurate either, we'll see on sunday.
Considering the context of the scene, I'd say the manga translation is not accurate. There is a reason Yamato quickly running away from Beast Pirate armies, and possibly from waking up furious Ulti and Page One.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It's nice to finally see an high level executives from a Yonkou crew actually recognized Luffy strength from the get go. It takes Katakuri like 10 hours to do that, and dumb ass Queen still doesn't know how much shit he's got up his ass :queenmoji:
I still don't get why Beast pirates are treating Luffy like a rat. Fodder crew members aside, at least, the high ranking officers like the calamities and F6 shouldn't be oblivious to the fact that he's the guy who defeated Doffy, Cracker and Katakuri yet they treat him like he's no threat to them.

Are they clueless about what Luffy has done before entering Wano? Or They don't think beating Katakuri is a big deal?

Considering the context of the scene, I'd say the manga translation is not accurate. There is a reason Yamato quickly running away from Beast Pirate armies, and possibly from waking up furious Ulti and Page One.
Yamato appeared out of blue in an enemy territory and took Luffy with him. It makes sense he'd try to assure Luffy that he's not an enemy. And Yamato's dialogue " I won't hurt you" is perfectly in line with the consecutive dialogue " You don't look like an enemy" from Luffy.

but he isnt talking to the beast pirate army, he is talking to luffy, who also replies to him. <- thats what i meant with context, maybe you should try reading the full chapter now.

F

Fallen Prince

I still don't get why Beast pirates are treating Luffy like a rat. Fodder crew members aside, at least, the high ranking officers like the calamities and F6 shouldn't be oblivious to the fact that he's the guy who defeated Doffy, Cracker and Katakuri yet they treat him like he's no threat to them.

Are they clueless about what Luffy has done before entering Wano? Or They don't think beating Katakuri is a big deal?

Yamato appeared out of blue in an enemy territory and taking Luffy with him. It makes sense they he'd try to assure Luffy that he's not an enemy. And Yamato's dialogue " I won't hurt you" is perfectly in line with the consecutive dialogue " You don't look like an enemy" from Luffy.
Most likely beast pirate dont get the news fast because of isolation .

Decent chapter.

Ulti was a slight surprise, although I feel Oda is going to retcon it somehow. I also think Yamato inherited his father's unusual body, but not his fondness for fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.