Spoiler One Piece Chapter 984 Spoilers Discussion

Who will Yamato-Chan fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MD Zolo

This was further supported by the fact that Oden knew the true history though. Yes, he wants to open Wano's borders, but he also found out about Joy Boy, the so the motivation to do this is even bigger than just "opening" the borders for Wano.
Whatever Oden wanted is not important. What Oden said is important.

Unless Yamato read Oden's mind, Yamato will consider what Oden said. And Oden said his wish was to open Wano's border.

Whatever Oden wanted is not important. What Oden said is important.

Unless Yamato read Oden's mind, Yamato will consider what Oden said. And Oden said his wish was to open Wano's border.

Kind of ridiculous at this point to assume Oden's ONLY desire was to open Wano's borders. That was his ONLY desire after he LEFT Wano for years. Yamato would know this.

The point Oden was making was about opening the country to see and interact with the world. He did the latter in order to do the former.

Anyway, there's no point in arguing about this, we still have no idea what Yamato's motivations are. When it becomes clear, then we can have that discussion.

M

MD Zolo

Kind of ridiculous at this point to assume Oden's ONLY desire was to open Wano's borders. That was his ONLY desire after he LEFT Wano for years. Yamato would know this.

The point Oden was making was about opening the country to see and interact with the world.

Anyway, there's no point in arguing about this, we still have no idea what Yamato's motivations are. When it becomes clear, then we can have that discussion.
Again, I am saying this: Yamato saw Oden die and thought that his will should continue. Well...what did Oden say during execution. He said to open the border of Wano. That is his will a far as Yamato understands.

Yamato wants to open Wano. But Kaido and Orochi wants it close. That is the conflict.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I just hope that this is not another trans-character and you can gladly call me whatever you want for that statement. I stand by it.

Bon Clay being an Okama - cool!

Ivankov and an entire level on Impel Down being Okamas - interesting idea!

Izu being a crossdresser - fine!

Sanji landing on an island full of Okama - ok.

Kiku being a transsexual - ok, but isn't it getting a bit too much now?

Yamato introduced as "son" and now probably being a transsexual, too - just doesn't seem realistic anymore, especially in a pirate world like OP.

At one point the Okama/transsexual theme just isn't new or exciting anymore. It's repetitive.
You say this as if Oda has never repeated himself to the point of irrelevance...

That's people who in denial

Based on our information so far, Yamato is indeed a girl
I want to lean to that side as well but this line of text leads me to believe otherwise

It doesn't actually explicitly say "Yamato IS a beautiful woman." The wording used here has a small nuance "(said to be) beautiful woman"... Dunno if that's the provider opinion or in text said by someone else like Luffy, but i'd rather wait until the image and full speech is out to make sure (could be like Izo or Kiku).

"Ace and Yamato have hanged out together"... Here again, there could be ten other ways to say more explicitly they had relationship but the word used is a bit ambiguous... (can be used about teammates in sports or sthg).

As usual lets not jump to conclusion too early, original spoiler provider may, intentionally or not, say "Yamato is a beautiful lady who dated with Ace" whereas it could be "Yamato is a feminine-looking dude who was best bud with Ace"

Again, I am saying this: Yamato saw Oden die and thought that his will should continue. Well...what did Oden say during execution. He said to open the border of Wano. That is his will a far as Yamato understands.
Once again, we don't know what opening Wano's borders entails. Oden's will was passed on to the scabbards. While Yamato may carry on that will for herself, her character is entirely redundant to the scabbards in STAYING at Wano. 90% of Oden's character was the fact that he LEFT Wano to sail with the Pirate King.

M

MD Zolo

Once again, we don't know what opening Wano's borders entails. Oden's will was passed on to the scabbards. While Yamato may carry on that will for herself, her character is entirely redundant to the scabbards in STAYING at Wano. 90% of Oden's character was the fact that he LEFT Wano to sail with the Pirate King.
If your whole premise for Yamato joining SHP is that Yamato will complete Oden's wish of opening Wano and then will travel with SHP to see it through to the end...it is NOT impossible...but then...people definitely have the right to say "asspull".

More seriously, i'm sick of the Ace's past.
Just move on Oda, stop always bringing him. pretty sure if oda could bring Ace back to life, he would have done it a long time ago.
Always make a story when he, his blood or his powers are related ....

Oda is gonna tell us that Yamato and Ace spend time together, he was in Wano, helped tama, know about Kaido and he or WBP didn't talk about Wano for the entire time he was with them ? No one talk about Oden ?
WB just ignored for 20 years that he has a friend in Wano ?

Gosh this is awful ...
I also feel like Ace is redundant. We didn't need him to add credibility to the rebel child of the MF Kaido.

Except this is more evidence against your misreading: people misunderstood what Marco was saying. Now we know that Ace went to Wano and met someone open about their identity who also happened to be motivated by Oden. And then Ace went back to his crew after. It's pretty much impossible to defend the reading that Oda means to say they knew nothing at all of Wano. It's scheiße mate

I just hope that this is not another trans-character and you can gladly call me whatever you want for that statement. I stand by it.

Bon Clay being an Okama - cool!

Ivankov and an entire level on Impel Down being Okamas - interesting idea!

Izu being a crossdresser - fine!

Sanji landing on an island full of Okama - ok.

Kiku being a transsexual - ok, but isn't it getting a bit too much now?

Yamato introduced as "son" and now probably being a transsexual, too - just doesn't seem realistic anymore, especially in a pirate world like OP.

At one point the Okama/transsexual theme just isn't new or exciting anymore. It's repetitive.
So in a world where "piracy" is universal, with hundreds of thousands of people living to seek their deepest inhibitions (Beast Pirates have 30k alone) and the most dominant force in nature is willpower they would... be more conservative?

It's just a sketch. There is to much confusion with dialogues from previous chapters. They could have omitted his/her gender by calling him kid or Kaido's child. He even refer to himself as a man.

M

MD Zolo

It's just a sketch. There is to much confusion with dialogues from previous chapters. They could have omitted his/her gender by calling him kid or Kaido's child. He even refer to himself as a man.
It is a sketch. But it is based on the real panel in the manga.

Of course, as it stands right now...it seems that only the face is in the manga. The body may be the artist's imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.