Spoiler One Piece Chapter 984 Spoilers Discussion

Who will Yamato-Chan fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I thought we would be discussing in 984:
- What plan does Law have to beat Kaido?
- Will Germa 66 show up? Will Jinbe tell us what happened?
- Will the rest of the WBPs show up?
- Will Weevil show up?
- Will Greenbull show up?

What we get:
- Kaido's son does not have a penis
- break

If you guys cant wait for spoilers then I will spoil the whole end series for you:
You have big meme pirates who represent the strong Paramecia crew
You have breast pirates who represent the strong Zoan crew
You have the adminrals who represent the stronk Logia crew
You have shanks and his crew who represent the strong Haki crew
Then you have blackbeard who is the rival crew lucy will fight right before unlocking raftel , no surprise blackbeard will get himself the strong zoan fruit to complete himself, and the story after that thats where drafkgon and sabo cool hat will play their role together with mister him and they will ride dragons together happily
The End
:choppawhat::cheers:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
If you guys cant wait for spoilers then I will spoil the whole end series for you:
You have big meme pirates who represent the strong Paramecia crew
You have breast pirates who represent the strong Zoan crew
You have the adminrals who represent the stronk Logia crew
You have shanks and his crew who represent the strong Haki crew
Then you have blackbeard who is the rival crew lucy will fight right before unlocking raftel , no surprise blackbeard will get himself the strong zoan fruit to complete himself, and the story after that thats where drafkgon and sabo cool hat will play their role together with mister him and they will ride dragons together happily
The End
:choppawhat::cheers:
You forget about Crocodile being Luffy's mom ofc:smithnie:

ok what i seem to dont understand is why does it matter that yamato is a dude and he bodied a girl dont see a problem with it.... but i get the haynna mask is associated with females aswell but in some cases in fiction i see dudes wearing it

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I'm starting to think that Oda might have some gender picking problems or he is just trying to force acceptance movement into his series too much and It's all because of some not 100% true spoilers without a pic.

Holy fuck.

1. Sabo was born to a noble family. He had wealth and power and a future where he would be the King. But since Sabo was free-minded the lifestyle of the Nobles never entranced him and he wanted to be free. On the other hand, Ace didn't have family or wealth. So, when Sabo wants to be free, he is willing to give up a lot while Ace had nothing to lose. Thus Sabo's inner desire to have freedom should never be doubted.
Ace grew up without parents and had his own existence condemned for being the son of a demon. Since a child he struggled with this one question: did I deserve to be born? Ace didn't just wish for freedom, he craved for being accepted. His true ambition had a big meaning behind it. He craved for having his own existence to be validated, that was the question of his life and was what he aimed to answer, what he searched to find and what made him so relatable for the readers. On top of that, Marineford was a poetic fitting for him as a character, for it was when he truly got his answer: he was indeed loved by people who would willingly die in order to save him. And in his last breaths, after seeing Luffy along with his crew mates fight for him, after realizing that he got his life-time question answered, he dies saying: "thank you... for loving me!!". Your argument here makes no fucking sense.

1. Ace and Luffy set out to sea at the age 17 to honor Sabo, who was the one that proposed this idea. Ultimately Sabo ended up setting sail earlier and set up path for Ace and Luffy. So, even here, Sabo is the guide.
Tha fuck is this argument about? How in hell does this make him a better character than Ace? And no, he didn't set up anything nor was he the guide. They just decided to set sail at 17 as Sabo proposed and that's it, I don't even know how and why you thought about this as a big deal. And that doesn't make him a better character at all LOL

1. Sabo is trying to correct the wrongs done by people like his family. He understands his family's legacy quite well. Ace never understood his family. Even after meeting WB, he abhored his father, meaning he never truly realized what his family was.
Do you realize that Ace NEVER even had the chance to meet his family, right? So that's kinda a different comparasion here. But tell me, what his family was? Oh, he abhored the man who put him into the world KNOWING that he would be chased down by the entire world and hated for its own existence, what a shame. He loved his mother though. And again, what kind of arguments are you trying to make? Your first sentence is ok, but the rest of it.. what?? Your criteria to evaluate a well-written character just makes no sense.

1. Sabo is not a hothead like Ace. Yet he is just as caring.
WTF are you talking about, he is just like Ace on this issue (and in many other as well, as the good rip-off that he is)

@Bogard already talked about this in another thread: "In his youth at least, he used to be more calculative, but now he is completely reckless while under pressure, reminiscing a bit of Ace once again. Just look at his reaction while infiltrating the reverie with other revos telling him to calm down, but not wanting to listen and opting for a "do or die" scenario to save Kuma even though Dragon wasn't even personally involved in the mission yet "

To finish this, here goes some more interesting quotes that I liked on the other thread and representes what I think about this matter, enjoy the read:
1- Backstory: Ace going through the process of hating the world and people into appreciating it for the existance of Sabo and Luffy on his side, and starting to appreciate other people, and slowly letting the hate go away which was accumulated because he was cursed with the fact that people hated his father, the pirate king, and he was ashamed of his own blood father.
I think you simply left out that big part of his backstory just to make Sabo look like his backstory is good, while left out the shitty cliche part of losing memory to justify his absence in Marineford. totally fucking bad cliche lazy writing.
I would have preferred at least something like Dragon preventing him to go there at all costs cause he didn't want the Revs to start the war when they are not ready yet. And chief of staff going there is a big involvement from Revs. Let alone Revs are fighting CD and planning to take down CD not the marines itself

But losing memory? Fucking stupid backstory

2- Ace had the ambition to actually know if he deserves to live or not. Him making WB the king or claiming when he first sailed to be PK was all just a front. His true ambition had a big meaning behind it, waaaay too deep, and seeing Luffy along with all his crewmate dying to save him, and then him crying saying "thanks for loving me"
Dude that's just AMAZING

3- Personality wise: Sabo is too god damn uptight, and his cool moments is him "Trying" to act cool. Which is different than Ace who the cool moment with him happens spontanously, he's too chill and not uptight, his cool moments are genuine. There is a thin line between "being cool" and "acting cool" And Ace and Sabo represent that for me.

4- Fighting style: I'll go back to mention number 3 here with Sabo's dragon claw which only exist as a way to make him "act like a cool guy" which is "ugh" terrible. While a haki fist makes more sense to be more powerful than a human doing 3 claws with his hands. It just shows you, genuine from fake Lol
Also, Ace showed more techniques with his Logia fruit than Sabo
On top of that, it was revealed he had all 3 haki types
On top of that, Ace was BETTER than Sabo in their backstory as Ace won 26 over 24 for Sabo
Establishing that Ace was the strongest
And comparing the CURRENT Sabo strength, with Ace 2 YEARS ago, is unfair and truly unjust by your own analysis.

As dead people cannot progress and get stronger, while Sabo had 2 years to strengthen more of his haki, and THEN on top of it, he took Ace's fruit.

All in all, Ace for me will always be a better character than Sabo
Let's hope Akainu magma fist Sabo again Lol
Sabo was introduced out of nowhere, just to be killed in the same flashback, and suddenly after coming back, everything else never made sense. Known as one of the main figures in the revos, but apparently no one including Ace knew he was alive. Himself conveniently having an amnesia to explain why he didn't come to MF, but conveniently once again appearing again after the timeskip when Ace already died to take his devil fruit, and suddenly wants to follow Ace's will

That alone implies that not only Sabo was never a character planned at first, but his role in the story was mainly to cover Ace's absence after his death. In his youth at least, he used to be more calculative, but now he is completely reckless while under pressure, reminiscing a bit of Ace once again. Just look at his reaction while infiltrating the reverie with other revos telling him to calm down, but not wanting to listen and opting for a "do or die" scenario to save Kuma eventhough Dragon wasn't even personally involved in the mission yet. As a result, Oda is seemingly once again going in a Ace/Marineford 2.0 with him apparently in danger

On the other hand, Ace was introduced since early on in the series, with Oda taking time to develop his bond with Luffy, hating on his bloodline and wanting to know the reason behind his existence, if it was worth or not, with the goal of becoming a pirate king, just an indirect mean to his true goal, of making himself known and recognized by everyone. Whitebeard in a sense was viewed as the father that he never had in his life

And in their youth, Ace had the edge over him in their fights, unlocked conqueror haki which Sabo isn't known to have, known to have pirate king potential which Sabo isn't known to have, with entire Blackbeard pirates Burgess included being portrayed as fodder in his battle with Blackbeard, same Burgess who was portrayed as a match for Sabo in dressrosa, showing that Ace had better growth rate, so sure Sabo had an additional 2 years over Ace to grow stronger, but overall in terms of characterization, power and potential, at the moment he looks more like a cheap version of Ace

And i don't dislike Sabo(i want him to own that overrated Sakazuki who is like the only character i hate). I just don't care about him much, or at least not like Ace. I actually think he could have been a better character if Oda continued with his development of Sabo when he was younger with him revealed to be alive before Ace's death, because now he just look and will continue to look as a replacement to cover the fact that the original(Ace) died
I agree with Sabo's backstory being one of the best, his upbringing is really unique, and you can say more interesting. But I can't help but feel Ace is a more organic character, there is something disingenuous about Sabo as an adult, probably has to do with him missing all these years only to come back and immediately pick up where Ace left off. The writing around the whole situation requires willing suspension of disbelief , and the whole thing is so in your face, "please like this character, he is also Luffy's cool older brother."

One of the things I like about Ace is his stark contrast from his younger self to the one we were introduced to in Alabasta. He went from being the most uptight rebel to this laid back reliable older brother. You can tell how much more comfortable he was in his own skin, now that he had found a clear place in this world. This is something you go back to, or notice more so on a reread since his flashback on his youth was after his introduction as an adult. Natural progression like this feels missing from Sabo, the whole 0-100 amnesia deal sounds like a cheap hollywood flick, and Sabo comes off as a late insert because of it.
Sabo would have turned from this god awful written character (to me at least) into a good one through that process:
1- If Ace and Luffy's first mention of "Sabo" name was during their meeting in Alabasta, and NOT during Ace's death door in Marieford. That would have establised that he's NOT a replacement, rather someone truly existed and intended to be introduced later. And not at the last second LOL

2- IF, Oda would have given him a completely different DF ability. I would have loved a Zoan for him, specially since he serves "Dragon" a supposed animal name. And on top of it, he seemed to be a proficient close range fighter. What people do not realize is that Logia are NOT the best in close range combat. Usually it's Zoan as said by Rob Lucci. With Haki, Sabo would have created a completely unique fighting style that would have separated him from the "shadow" of Ace.

However, Sabo basically turned from "close range" fighter before his Logia, into a mid-range fighter, just like Ace. Which is bad because instead of making him more unique, Oda basically changed him from being unique into being a mirror for Ace.

And on top of that, he fucking had curly hair, how the fuck it became smooth? Couldn't Oda draw a badass brother who got afro hair? even if blonde? I swear, Foxy's arc with that afro hair got lots of attention for the afro hahaha. Oda could have made Sabo some real badass mofo with a big afro.
LOL, Sabo as a kid had every bit of a potential to be unique, but then come timeskip, and here Sabo makes a comeback, and suddenly, Oda is shifting him from being Sabo into Ace 2.0
I think I prefer Ace. He is original. He bonded with SH crew.

Imo Sabo will be better if he was introduced when Ace was alive. Introducing Sabo after Ace died makes Sabo as Ace replacement.

I don't like it Oda forces readers to forget Ace with Sabo's introduction as Ace's replacement.
agree here although my reasons are different.
the amnesia plot with his subconsciousness telling him that rich people are baddies was the nail in the coffin for me. its too forced and feels unnatural. Ace on the other hand had relatable internal struggle.

Ace was unimaginably better than Sabo is.
Luffys attachment to Ace and their bond was further strengthened by Sabos demise. they both suffered loss at this point and it made their brotherly bond so much more valuable.
Sabos return from the dead threw that out of the window and spat on it.
now we are stuck with this dude that tries too hard to be a combination of Ace and Luffy with a little bit of smarts added. lame.
Sabo lost 98% of my interest once he ate Ace's DF. His fighting style and Haki will forever be overshadowed by the Mera Fruit. I want a new orginal character. Not another Ace. Ace is dead and should stay dead.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
@Chrono would you lose your interest in Ace character if we get a flashback with a character who had Mera Mera before Ace and he/she turns out to be more developed and well written?
This is a useless argument.

Sabo can make Mera Mera even greater than Ace.

He can combine his style with the Mera powers.

Ace was weaker version of Kizaru. He only relayed on his Devil Fruit while Sabo was already fighting with the countries and etc mastering his own style.

Now he only ads mera to the mix and sometimes use Fire Fist as a reference to Ace and that's it.

Sabo will make magic with this devil fruit.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What I thought we would be discussing in 984:
- What plan does Law have to beat Kaido?
- Will Germa 66 show up? Will Jinbe tell us what happened?
- Will the rest of the WBPs show up?
- Will Weevil show up?
- Will Greenbull show up?

What we get:
- Kaido's son does not have a penis
- break
Are you just joking around? What could have possibly given you the impression that all the shit you said in the first part was gonna suddenly come to a head this chapter? Some of that is long-simmering stuff, man...Oda does mid-arc world building/info dumps, sure, but he doesn’t just hit us with 18 big players joining the frenzy all at once. The other WBP commanders showing up is about the only one of those things we could feasibly see in the next couple of installments that would make narrative sense. Not saying the rest couldn’t/shouldn’t happen, just that none of it was ever gonna be in #984.

Status
Not open for further replies.