Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I don't read this at all, but what if Vegapunk is the leader of Sword?

And now Smoker + Tashigi are with them too since they brought the children too him, and he's now convinced that they're good trustworthy people.

That's why i totally believe that Sentomaru, Smoker and Tashigi are coming to Wano.

It's far better than this obvious theory of Vegapunk being a member of the RVA. He went out of his way to grant Kuma his final wish, seems like a decent person.

Drake also knew more about the Pacifista than your common Navy soldier.
Yup 100% agree. Drake directly named Vegapunk when he saw those Pacifistas. Vegapunk could openly be the head of SSG and secretly the leader of Sword. It also seems the younger generation (Drake, Koby, Smoker, etc) are in the know vs the older generation (Admirals, VA, etc) are kept in the dark.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I don't read this at all, but what if Vegapunk is the leader of Sword?

And now Smoker + Tashigi are with them too since they brought the children too him, and he's now convinced that they're good trustworthy people.

That's why i totally believe that Sentomaru, Smoker and Tashigi are coming to Wano.

It's far better than this obvious theory of Vegapunk being a member of the RVA. He went out of his way to grant Kuma his final wish, seems like a decent person.

Drake also knew more about the Pacifista than your common Navy soldier.
I can totally see Vegapunk being a part of SWORD and Smoker and Tashigi joining.

I really want to see Smokey and Tashigi in Wano so they can show some real progress since Punk Hazard arc, I am also hungry for at least one scene between Zoro and Tashigi, and to meet the Straw Hats at least once during the arc.

I also prefer to see Punk being a part of SWORD and fighting with fellow marines and members of the WG against the corruption of the Gorousei and the Celestial Dragons than him being a revolutionary as many theories say.

I can understand why people believe that Zoro might kill Kaido. Or at least give him a big scar. Oden,Enma, Ryuma, Kaido being a dragon. There are hints.

But don't you think that killing the strongest character (apparently) in One Piece is too much of a huge feat? Especially when you're not even in your prime yet and lets be real Zoro isnt. If this was the final war and Zoro at the peak of his powers it would be fitting but I think its too early and too much plot armor.

If he did kill King after an extreme diff fight it would be more realistic. Power level wise.

I can understand why people believe that Zoro might kill Kaido. Or at least give him a big scar. Oden,Enma, Ryuma, Kaido being a dragon. There are hints.

But don't you think that killing the strongest character (apparently) in One Piece is too much of a huge feat? Especially when you're not even in your prime yet and lets be real Zoro isnt. If this was the final war and Zoro at the peak of his powers it would be fitting but I think its too early and too much plot armor.

If he did kill King after an extreme diff fight it would be more realistic. Power level wise.
Well I'm not sold on Kaido being the strongest

We shall see what it will take to bring him down but consider that Akainu will be taken out by near to EoS Luffy + Sabo which is a greater offensive asset than let's say Luffy + Zoro for now

If Zoro slices Kaido it may be while Kaido has been really weakened after a huge fight or in a situation similar to DBZ when Yajirobe sliced Vegeta with his sword or in Fist of the Dragon movie where Trunks sliced Hirudegarn despite the power difference.

If Zoro slices Kaido it may be while Kaido has been really weakened after a huge fight or in a situation similar to DBZ when Yajirobe sliced Vegeta with his sword or in Fist of the Dragon movie where Trunks sliced Hirudegarn despite the power difference.
I don't see the gap being so inflated

I can see this as Vegeta turning SSJ4 rather than what you are claiming :)

Of course this stands as my opinion as Zoro fan

Time's elegance shall reveal us the truth

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
This is cap. No matter how weak he is he doesnt defend himself with haki and his durability doesnt change. Its nothing like a yajirobe situation. If zoro can cut him it means his coa is the level required like odens was.

Whitebeard at MF:

Had no CoO
Had no CoC
Had weaker CoA
Had stamina issues due to his illness
Got impaled by a large sword before
And had occasional heart attacks

And yet he was still doing better than Akainu until the heart attack
He didn't show any type of haki

However I don't recall it was confirmed that he lost it

Do you have any panel showing that? 🤔

Just asking for sake of course