Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jo_Ndule

Kaido ain't dumb to think He and BM + ancien weapons can crush WG as whole. Not just navy and SSG but WG.
This brings back to Shiki telling Roger that if they team up by using the ancient weapon, they will rule the world.

SSG>Warlords that's what the story implies
Navy got a stronger Force than before.

2 Yonko + crews ~ Navy + Warlords /SSG
2 Emperors + Ancient weapons >= WG (CP Navy SSG)

Yonko = Navy + warlords has always been a joke.

Orochi better stay dead, he has no rôle to play if he's alive.

BM got Zeus back....
Can't wait for Kaido and BM to trash the alliance.

Can't wait for Kidd Luffy Yamato vs Kaido BM, the epic CoC

Well, awful translation, but awesome chapter.

Surprised at the Kiku focus, but I suppose she has been with Momo a lot this arc. I still think that Kin will be the one to take down Kanjuro for good, but it was nice to see her get a fight. I see she has blood on her sword and is crying at the end of the chapter- probably hit Kanjuro, but with him you never know if it's just really good art or not. Headless samurai are pretty cool as well. Let alone Onu and Neko and their amazing new weapons.

I think everyone is probably in agreement that Orochi's DF will help him survive this beheading? Even so, a proper "holy fuck" moment that I did not expect at all. If they are going for the Ancient Weapons, they must surely have some idea of where they are. Leads credence to the idea that whatever happened at Reverie that Blackbeard is after is about them. Either that or Caribou squealed in prison and they're going for Shirahoshi.

And of course the big thing of the chapter- Yamato asking Luffy to go on his ship. Now, here's where the bad translation comes into play- does she say ship, or crew? Ship has a degree of ambiguity- Caribou wants on his ship as well. She'll certainly be around another arc, but not necessarily as a Strawhat.

If it's crew she says though, well, game over, Yamato for Strawhat.

W

wordyworm

Just because the Marines want to have a fully submissive offensive force doesn't imply a strength judgment.
The Marines "believe;" "have confidence in;" "fully trust in" the new project.
That's the same as fully trusting in a trained guard dog versus a regular street dog. Of course I would trust the trained dog to do as I tell it! It doesn't mean that dog is stronger than the other! Only that I trust one dog to do what I tell it.

Well, awful translation, but awesome chapter.

Surprised at the Kiku focus, but I suppose she has been with Momo a lot this arc. I still think that Kin will be the one to take down Kanjuro for good, but it was nice to see her get a fight. I see she has blood on her sword and is crying at the end of the chapter- probably hit Kanjuro, but with him you never know if it's just really good art or not. Headless samurai are pretty cool as well. Let alone Onu and Neko and their amazing new weapons.

I think everyone is probably in agreement that Orochi's DF will help him survive this beheading? Even so, a proper "holy fuck" moment that I did not expect at all. If they are going for the Ancient Weapons, they must surely have some idea of where they are. Leads credence to the idea that whatever happened at Reverie that Blackbeard is after is about them. Either that or Caribou squealed in prison and they're going for Shirahoshi.

And of course the big thing of the chapter- Yamato asking Luffy to go on his ship. Now, here's where the bad translation comes into play- does she say ship, or crew? Ship has a degree of ambiguity- Caribou wants on his ship as well. She'll certainly be around another arc, but not necessarily as a Strawhat.

If it's crew she says though, well, game over, Yamato for Strawhat.
This chapter may very well be the ending of the Kurozomi bloodline, and will set up the war.

Next chapter the war starts: Luffy/Yamato will break in, Scabbards got past everyone, and Law will teleport Momo out, prompting Kaido/BM to announce war against Supernovas.

Status
Not open for further replies.