Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing chapter

- Yamato still has the highest of any other "candidate" since Jinbe. If not for the Nami face. But we will see...

- She mentioned Ace execution so I hoped for some infos about Kaidou wanting to "stop" Whitebeard prior to it

- Poor Zeus. But I have somehow the feeling Nami will get him back. Maybe even Prometheus to boost her skills even more. Would fit our Car Burglar

- Kaidou finally showed a big villian like move on killing Orochi and giving 5 seconds to decide. Of course Orochi won't be dead and I can see him back to fuck Kaidou over as well somehow. Still he needs to suffer a lot after shit is done.
Big Mom was awesome as we with her Wano souls

- Speaking about the scene. I fucking love how King in a mere second gave his sword to Kaidou for his killing. It really looks so awesome

- Where the fuck is Law?

- Kanjuro... Do not not if he is really dead and that's why Kiku was crying but I wouldn't be surprised. He played his role in the story and I don't see much more room for him. I know a lot have been talking about him being killed by Kinemon but I think Kinemon will have a far bigger role

- Inu having a sword leg now. Lol awesome and seems like Neko and him are becoming more friendly. Still hope they will own the shit out of Jack for Zou and decapitating their limbs.

- Before moving to Flower Capital Momo needs to be saved. Still hope my boy Sanji will use his raid suit for it.

- Talking about Flower Capital... After seeing the recent anime episode and the legend of Ryuuma slaying a Dragon I still believe that Zoro might have a big role in fighting Kaidou... And of course revealing his Shimotsuki connection.

I read both the fan trasnaltion I don't know hoe to call it and the official one must say did the right thing by waiting for the official one. This chapter was very very nice was a bit surprised to see orocchi getting killed by kaido did not expect that to be honest but felt nice, now we don't have to think who would have done it. Now that the shogun is dead I wonder when the attack will start if his samurai will join forces with the others would be a bit strange since I imagined them been put in jail when the war would end, but this would put a bit things in balance if all samurai will join forces against kaido and bm

How much forces that Orochi command under him ? 10K or so ?

Damn, if Denjiro and Fukurokujou join forces they could get their numbers to 15K, half of what the Beast pirates have.

Is that what Oda is going for?
Possible but for now I have the feeling that most of Orochi's men would rather cow to Kaido and join his side for now. Fukurokujou and his men and the rest of Orochi's men most likely lost any hope of seeing Kaido being beatable a very long time ago and they may not want to fight what would be in their minds a lost cause.

Fukurokuju is too much of an opportunist to stand against Kaido. This is why he joined Orochi in the first place
Still, Fukurokujou genuinely seemed like the only real loyal subordinate that Orochi has had in his ranks. Did he ever mock Orochi for insecurity i don't remember?

I think it is definitely possible.
Post automatically merged:

Possible but for now I have the feeling that most of Orochi's men would rather cow to Kaido and join his side for now. Fukurokujou and his men and the rest of Orochi's men most likely lost any hope of seeing Kaido being beatable a very long time ago and they may not want to fight what would be in their minds a lost cause.
Denjiro seems to have great, great trust by the Samurai and beast pirates alike.

- The townsfolk admired Kyoshiro from very early on.
- Even the Beast pirates were celebrating upon his arrival.
- Hell, even Sasaki who trash talks anyone in his crew has great respect for Denjiro.

I think Denjiro can definitely do something big for the alliance by bringing them over.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Still, Fukurokujou genuinely seemed like the only real loyal subordinate that Orochi has had in his ranks. Did he ever mock Orochi for insecurity i don't remember?

I think it is definitely possible.
It kinda seems like Fukurokujou takes the whole "serving at the pleasure of the Shogun" bit seriously. After Sukiyaki died, he stayed in the Oniwabanshu under Orochi. And I doubt he was privy to all the shady shit going on with Higurashi and Orochi for him to get in power. Fukurokujou might see Kaido as a legit usurper and rebel.

No chapter 985 on jump? Where else can I read it in good quality? I know viz is out but what really annoys me about mangaplus is the fact that double-pages are just split and placed beneath each other. It's irritating.
You need to click on the 3 dots and change it to horizontal. Also change resolution to high.
Alternatively use VIZ(I think Viz keeps the best quality images for themselves..) with the simplest of VPNs or the "see" website. They have updated the chapter with the viz version.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Pretty much difference about fan translation and the official translation.

But, its interesting in the last page especially with "Someone call the tobi roppo".
With Sasaki,X-Drake, and Black Maria out of the picture, its pretty clear Who'Who, Page One, and Ulti might come to fight Luffy and Yamato.
And if oda really wanna hype up Who'who, he just can bring Who'who fight against Luffy and Yamato.

Pretty much difference about fan translation and the official translation.

But, its interesting in the last page especially with "Someone call the tobi roppo".
With Sasaki,X-Drake, and Black Maria out of the picture, its pretty clear Who'Who, Page One, and Ulti might come to fight Luffy and Yamato.
And if oda really wanna hype up Who'who, he just can bring Who'who fight against Luffy and Yamato.
Black Maria isnt out of the picture... she's been the only one whose been different each time. Didn't go for Yamato, and now is Not with Kaidou... she's the most suspicious of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.