Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this looks like this gives a little more weight to the idea of Yamato joining Luffy, having an undesirable background with Kaido, wanting to fulfill Oden’s dream, and originally intending to join Ace. I’m sure it’s still too early, but I suppose this can still serve as a starting point for Oda to potentially build on as well. It would be interesting to see a child of Luffy’s enemy join him. There was Sanji’s dad of course, but Judge ended up being more like Sanji’s enemy than Luffy’s.

well everyone seems to be trying paint him as a good guy and he’s just a generic villain like lucci orochi’s character is still 10 times better than kaido
Is he necessarily a bad father.
I think say yamato was my kid I wouldn't exactly want them leaving onigashima either.
Like if I'm kaido and yamato is calling herself yamato then we get not only orochi wanting to defeat and kill her but also wg if she leaves wano entirely.
I mean one only needs to look at what the wg did to the roger pirates and how they still hound them to see that this would not be good for yamato.
Further than this if the wg find out that kaido has a kid that's also a death sentence for yamato. Look how they hunted down ace before he was even born and then executed not because he was a pirate but because he was the son of roger. If I were yamatos parent I would be terrified to let her leave the island.
Furthermore he killed orochi and gave yamato a shogunate

Is he necessarily a bad father.
I think say yamato was my kid I wouldn't exactly want them leaving onigashima either.
Like if I'm kaido and yamato is calling herself yamato then we get not only orochi wanting to defeat and kill her but also wg if she leaves wano entirely.
I mean one only needs to look at what the wg did to the roger pirates and how they still hound them to see that this would not be good for yamato.
Further than this if the wg find out that kaido has a kid that's also a death sentence for yamato. Look how they hunted down ace before he was even born and then executed not because he was a pirate but because he was the son of roger. If I were yamatos parent I would be terrified to let her leave the island.
Furthermore he killed orochi and gave yamato a shogunate
so you beat her regularly and lock her up when she was 8 and pretended you have a son because you’re ashamed of having a daughter damn father of the year whitebeard and zeff need to step aside kaido is the new best dad in one piece

seriously i can’t imagine someone typing that unironically what a clown

so you beat her regularly and lock her up when she was 8 and pretended you have a son because you’re ashamed of having a daughter damn father of the year whitebeard and zeff need to step aside kaido is the new best dad in one piece

seriously i can’t imagine someone typing that unironically what a clown
We don't know if he calls her his son because hes ashamed to call her his daughter.
And kaido doesn't exactly strike me as the sort of parent to sit down with his kid and have a long talk but if the genuine intent to keep his kid safe is what motivates him (which we don't have proof to the contrary yet so could be still be disproved) then kaido may be shown to care in his own twisted way.
Though to be fair all biological fathers in one piece are trash for the most part except Neptune and cobra. This by no means makes him a good character but maybe it's just his twisted interpretation of being 'good father'.
What I'm saying is that to this day we still don't know his intent.
Example if anybody except kureha dalton or chopper told you about Hiluluk they would assume that he is some sort of mental villain.
So far the only person we have heard of kaidos history from is people in opposition to him. It is still possible for oda to make him have positive intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.