Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
For Jinbe’s first color spread, the man is looking good!! Maybe one of the better cover pages in a while, but y’all know how I feel about Oh My Family...two more weeks until the next installment!!

God, watching Kin plunge his blade into Kaido’s stomach... :akaman: Didn’t even faze Linlin, though; that’s one cold bitch right there 😩 Grandpa Hyo putting in some work is also nice to see, the old man knows that the flames of rebellion against tyranny never go out :perocry:

Did...Luffy call Ulti “Headbutt” because of their last encounter?? Jesus Christ, HOW is he getting dumber as the series progresses?! It’s a good thing he can kick the shit out of anyone, otherwise he’d constantly be getting dunked on for his idiocy.

Literally every panel makes me love Yamato more. I know my buddy @Ali and many others have stated their reasons for not hopping aboard her hype train right away, but I’m the damn conductor of that shit, and I say we’re gonna be rolling full speed down the tracks until #Yamato4Nakama is a reality :sabogood:

Hey, Nami actually got to rescue herself!! It feels like forever since she’s done much of substance in a battle, outside of lightning striking the FUCK out of Big Mom at WCI (and look how much good that did). If Sanji were there - COUGH COUGH - he’d be mighty impressed 🙄

“Punk Hazard...Dressrosa...Zou...” Yes, Kaido, those are arcs that happened before this one. Fuck you doing listing them out, you cow gorilla?? We’re in the here and now, bro!! You better pay attention before them massive cheeks get CLAPPED 👏🍑

Aight, I was a little harsh on Luffy up above; he’s been aware of the severity of this clash, and I can tell he’s taking it seriously. Some of the best chapters/panels in this series have come on the back of him handling his business, and I don’t expect any less than his best :ultimoji:

@Kejon Looks like Hawkins survived Law’s questioning and joined forces with him, are you all right?? Do we need to send someone to do a wellness check on you??

Marco and Perospero...I don’t trust it. The former is too smart to think he won’t be betrayed, and the latter is too crafty not to prove the phoenix right. Until his mommy’s been defeated, I don’t see any of the Charlotte children as reliable allies other than Lola/Chiffon (WHO BROKE THEIR LONG LOST FATHER’S HEART IN THE LAST CHAPTER AND I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM)

Kaido’s dragon form and the promise of super Sulong action next time are a good way to end a very hectic but satisfying chapter!! Can’t wait to see how badly kitty can scratch :dogood:

This really puts Big Mom and Luffy's face into context. She wasn't kidding around.

Also, here's the best quality I've seen of the final spread in the chapter. What a gorgeous frame.

The way Toki's prophecy plays out suggests a very literal timeline.
Like the Moon, you are ignorant of the Dawn. If there is one ardent wish that must be fufilled, it will be when nine shadows are cast woven together through twenty years of moonlits nights. Only then shall you understand the radiance of Dawn.
It looks like the Scabbards are meant to fight Kaido throughout the night. Once they're defeated or the moonlight is blocked, Luffy and others will pick up the pieces and finish the battle by dawn.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So in both translations so far it's only been mentioned that Marco and Perospero are fighting through the beast pirates, but not neccessarily in alliance right?
I mean, is the distinction important at the moment? They’re both opposing the Beasts even though Pero’s mama is buddies with their captain, so the effect is the same regardless of what we call it. Think it’s safe to say nobody in the fandom thinks their partnership is meant to last, the question is just how badly it’ll end.

Did...Luffy call Ulti “Headbutt” because of their last encounter?? J
it is just a nick name...it is not like Ulti introduced herself that her name was "Ulti"...how does Luffy calling that make him dumb??...he calls Kaido as Kaido/BigMom as BigMom/Orochi as Orochi/Oden as Oden/Kinemon as Kinemon/Momonuske as Momo etc.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
it is just a nick name...it is not like Ulti introduced herself that her name was "Ulti"...how does Luffy calling that make him dumb??...he calls Kaido as Kaido/BigMom as BigMom/Orochi as Orochi/Oden as Oden/Kinemon as Kinemon/Momonuske as Momo etc.
I know, I’m just making an observation...the line was funny, and this is definitely not the first time Luffy’s lacking mental capacity has been on full display.

I know, I’m just making an observation...the line was funny, and this is definitely not the first time Luffy’s lacking mental capacity has been on full display.
How does this has anything to do with mental capacity....he called her by the name that fits her fighting style...kinda similar to nick name...so I still don't understand the dumb part about that thing...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
How does this has anything to do with mental capacity....he called her by the name that fits her fighting style...kinda similar to nick name...so I still don't understand the dumb part about that thing...
Christ, dude, I didn’t think I’d have to defend that when I wrote it...I’m commenting on a little gag from a single panel, it’s not like I think Luffy’s just a giant moron. Why are you taking this so seriously? Did you read the part below it in my original post when I took that comment back and praised him for being aware of the situation?

The way Toki's prophecy plays out suggests a very literal timeline.

It looks like the Scabbards are meant to fight Kaido throughout the night. Once they're defeated or the moonlight is blocked, Luffy and others will pick up the pieces and finish the battle by dawn.
Hmm this is interesting, very good catch! It seems the Minks and the Scabbards will be giving Kaido work for some time then, time that is necessary to develop Big Mom's plot and Oda's intentions with her... Betrayal, her full memories of the event actually coming back for some reason, something needs to happen around Big Mom's and Peros plotline.

I don't think Zoro is going to keep Enma. He'll prove his worth as a Swordsman to the Samurai of Wano with it, and they'll deem him worthy to have Shusui, and he'll give Hiyori her father's Sword back.
i think zoro will keep enma that sword smith mentioned that enma wasn't a black blade yet, i believe zoro will be the one to acheieve that and increase t's rank we will also have something to track his progress but i could be wrong lets see

Christ, dude, I didn’t think I’d have to defend that when I wrote it...I’m commenting on a little gag from a single panel, it’s not like I think Luffy’s just a giant moron. Why are you taking this so seriously? Did you read the part below it in my original post when I took that comment back and praised him for being aware of the situation?
well that part intrigued me..so I didn't look further down the post....:josad:

Status
Not open for further replies.