Spoiler One Piece Chapter 987 Spoilers Discussion

Who will be defeated first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no wonder Oda can't finish this manga
he still makes Kaido use his useless ass full zoan vs the enemies
he still tries to hype fodder character transformation as hype (sulong), so he writes the chapter so that he could waste last panels on silhouettes
Damn imagine that. Oda trying to hype his own charachters. I agree, he should just hype the SH and supernovas. The absolute audacity of him

J

Jo_Ndule

Typical admiral fanboy logic. The chapter proves scabbards>>>WB commanders. They couldnt have damaged Kaido otherwise. WB was also much weaker than the yonko at MF but still above admirals.
:jordanmf:
Obviously lol

Does any WB commander have this level of CoA? Even if they do, only 1 or 2 might
While retainers all have it.

You need adcoa or ryou to hurt Kaido and BM... Not even beat him but just hurt him
While you need nothing to hurt WB bodies
You need just normal haki to hurt logias
You need FS or super attack speed to land hits and hurt Kata

WB commanders have only 3 high tiers with average CoA and CoO
Retainers have 5 high tiers with high CoA

Base Kaido already wrecked retainers in 1 v 9
Now Dragon Kaido or base Kaido will wreck Retainers + Minks...

Akainu couldn't even dominate 1 v WB commanders + Croco. Even with marine backup

One thing though, beyond Kaido clowing, is it really a good idea to have a character whose majority hype comes from his durability and "invincibility" with only one known scar be hurt like this by secondary characters?

Wouldn't it have been better pay off for all the scabbards hits to fail so that when someone like Zoro and Luffy finally breaches Kaido's durability the way Oden did, its that much sweeter?

Idk but just my two cents, this didn't need to happen..
This did need to happen. This is the problem with most one piece fans "uhhh.. bu-but power level!"
Secondary characters? Have you even read the arc at all? The scabbards are major characters right now and them being able to wound kaido even just a little bit has a great significance to the way oda has set up the arc. All the enmities and the conflict of this arc comes from Kaido's and the scabbards' side.

Obviously lol

Does any WB commander have this level of CoA? Even if they do, only 1 or 2 might
While retainers all have it.

You need adcoa or ryou to hurt Kaido and BM... Not even beat him but just hurt him
While you need nothing to hurt WB bodies
You need just normal haki to hurt logias
You need FS or super attack speed to land hits and hurt Kata

WB commanders have only 3 high tiers with average CoA and CoO
Retainers have 5 high tiers with high CoA

Base Kaido already wrecked retainers in 1 v 9
Now Dragon Kaido or base Kaido will wreck Retainers + Minks...

Akainu couldn't even dominate 1 v WB commanders + Croco. Even with marine backup
ndule he was being sarcastic

This did need to happen. This is the problem with most one piece fans "uhhh.. bu-but power level!"
Secondary characters? Have you even read the arc at all? The scabbards are major characters right now and them being able to wound kaido even just a little bit has a great significance to the way oda has set up the arc. All the enmities and the conflict of this arc comes from Kaido's and the scabbards' side.
Okay scabbards are not the main characters that we have been following since day one, since chapter 2, chapter 3.
We haven't followed scabbards journey throughout the years, Oda hasn't built personal connection with scabbards towards the audience.

They are integral to arc only but they are not heroes of the story no matter how hard Oda tries to make them relevant.

I’ve been suffering from Big Mom fatigue since she got knocked off the waterfall and became O-Lin...I understand the thematic connections between her and Elbaf (which I guess we’re just assuming comes next), but Christ, I need her to be defeated now, I can’t take another God damn arc with her.
Big Mom is definitely going down in this arc along with Kaido, I believe that Oda wants to focus on Shanks, Blackbeard, and the World Government/Marines after the Wano arc which is why he wants to get rid of both Kaido and Big Mom at the same time.

I feel like I'm starting to get some Dressrosa vibes from this arc. Maybe it's just me, but whole idea of the scabbards and the minks knocking Kaido around until Luffy can get a fair shot at it comes to mind. Not to downplay the scabbards or anything, they're pretty strong, but the set up seems there at least. Fingers crossed that Oda does something different this time around.

no wonder Oda can't finish this manga
he still makes Kaido use his useless ass full zoan vs the enemies
he still tries to hype fodder character transformation as hype (sulong), so he writes the chapter so that he could waste last panels on silhouettes
Its called escalation. Its warranted in war. Be happy we are starting with this and not chapters of fodder vs. Fodder battles, which we are likely to also get

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I think Denjiro is YC1 level and I had this opinion well before this chapter.
Denjiro ~ Pre Enma Zoro ~ Katakuri
Not talking about you lol. I'm talking bout the people who clearly operates the Scabbards cause of confirmation bias. It's different as to how people claimed Katakuri was much weaker than other first mates cause he lost to Luffy. Gotta maintain their other opinions somehow.

J

Jo_Ndule

Raizo went for the head, ShitenMaru went for the Dick :goyea:

Tell me how does anyone who has less durs than Kaido/oden/BM

Tank this without being fatally weakened or dead.

Especially defenceless like Kaido was.

Nobody has tanked such CoA level combined attack

People wanna downplay Kaido but they should post anyone getting hit defenceless by such CoA level attack and bleed a little.

Except the 3 freaks, I only see Akainu and Teach being way bloodied but not fatally weakened.
The rest die or are fatally wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.