Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro fanbase proving its toxic, and Sanji fanbase trying its hardest to beat them in toxicity levels.
:sanjimeh:
People cant argue withoud trowing personal insults, eh?
I dont even mind if Sanji fights king or not, i just hope he getts his ass handed to him for a while in the fight, or else it wouldnt make sense for Luffy to have struggled with Cracker as much as he did, let alone Katakuri. Same goes if Zoro ends up fighting him.

C

critical mindset

Zoro fanbase proving its toxic, and Sanji fanbase trying its hardest to beat them in toxicity levels.
I dont even mind if Sanji fights king or not, i just hope he getts his ass handed to him for a while in the fight, or else it wouldnt make sense for Luffy to have struggled with Cracker as much as he did, let alone Katakuri. Same goes if Zoro ends up fighting him.
Cracker is stronger than yonko commanders. Cracker bodies King.

Cracker has a stall tactic vs. someone with a time limit, bad matchup for Luffy, it wasn't a difficult fight Luffy had to grow to beat, just outlast his ridiculous hax. Also Luffy could have beat him a lot easier by using snakemans superior speed but was held back by PIS/ snakeman not being fully fleshed out yet.

Katakuri had ridiculous Haki hax that made him harder to hit than Yonkos... King is a straightforward fighter, with great mobility, great regen, good base stats and good firepower, he doesn't have broken paramecia/ haki hax to contend with. Sanji+Zoro have been growing/training since WCI for this raid, so they have a boost to near where Luffy was at the begining of WCI, Luffy has extended his gap to fighting Yonkos now.

Yep it would be ridiculous for Zoro or Sanji to manage to get strong enough to beat a YC1 in only one fight when it took that much fighting and power boost for Luffy to be able to take on Katakuri in only one arc.

Yep it would be ridiculous for Zoro or Sanji to manage to get strong enough to beat a YC1 in only one fight when it took that much fighting and power boost for Luffy to be able to take on Katakuri in only one arc.
Katakuri is literally more difficult to tag than Kaido or Big Mom (but without their insane almost impervious durability of course), King doesn't have that freaky level of haki hax, if Luffy was able to hit Katakuri it would have been a very difficult fight still but no growth would have been required to beat him, so I don't see WCI Luffy needing to grow significantly to fight King.

I do see Sanji potentially needing to grow mid fight to beat King, despite having grown in base strength vs. where he was at WCI due to war training, but it makes sense imo.

Katakuri is literally more difficult to tag than Kaido or Big Mom (but without their insane almost impervious durability of course), King doesn't have that freaky level of haki hax, if Luffy was able to hit Katakuri it would have been a very difficult fight still but no growth would have been required to beat him, so I don't see WCI Luffy needing to grow significantly to fight King.

I do see Sanji potentially needing to grow mid fight to beat King, despite having grown in base strength vs. where he was at WCI due to war training, but it makes sense imo.
We don't know yet how strong King's Coa truly is, he may have advanced Coa. And even without that there is no doubt that his physical abilities and fighting skills are much superior to Zoro and Sanji's for now and he hasn't shown his fire ability and hybrid form yet. Besides King is most certainely an awakened Zoan user making it very difficult for him to stay down so I do not see Zoro or Sanji being able to beat him now especially as I think that this raid is only the second round against Kaido and the Beast Pirates and that the real final battle will happen on the mainland.

zoro and sanji’s strength development won’t be as big as luffys so don’t expect the same level of detail and care i think ZS strength development will be like eneis lobby where they use new moves/upgrade their current techniques im pretty sure they will face difficulty

strong King's Coa truly is, he may have advanced Coa. And even without that there is no doubt that his physical abilities and fighting skills are much superior to Zoro and Sanji's for now and he hasn't shown his fire ability and hybrid form yet. Besides King is most certainely an awakened Zoan user making it very difficult for him to stay down so I do not see Zoro or Sanji being able to beat him now especially as I think that this raid is only the second round against Kaido and the Beast Pirates and that the real final battle will happen on the mainland.
King might have barrier haki like the scabbards, but that isn't impenetrable and isn't as hax as future sight is, no chance he has Luffy level penetration haki as that is being reserved as a protagonist plot hype.

Sanji hasn't used Diable Jambe or Hells memories yet either and Franky/Usopps upgrades might also come into play, they might boost his elemental power like the other raid suits boost/facilitate all his siblings elemental attacks.

In terms of his regen rate, yes that is troublesome and that is why I think Sanji will do some growing mid fight to overcome durability/ regen, but this is not outside the realms of feasibility.

This is a shonen so I won't be nitpicky about Sanji defeating Queen or King in itself, Punk Hazard and Dressrosa were dozens of volumes ago, heroes grow stronger + he got the raid suit. All I ask for is for his fight to be very high/extrem diff. In the Enies Lobby fight against Jabra he was already wounded by Kalifa and won quite easily once he used the DJ. I want it to be harder there, not just Sanji pulling a power-up and winning 3 pages later. I know Oda won't dedicate 10 chapters to a Sanji's fight but it should be handled with care. Let's not forget King is a motherfuckin ancient zoan so he shouldn't be down after a few good hits...

Status
Not open for further replies.