ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance in hell.
I've been reading this manga weekly since 2004. Trust me, he's not dead. We've had countless situations like that and Oda never kills any character off-screen. Certainly not such an important one like Kanjuro, who still has a lot of plot left.
Kanjuro's purpose to the plot is already served. The only reason to keep him alive is if he has some sort of redemption but there's no need for Oda to do that.

No chance in hell.
I've been reading this manga weekly since 2004. Trust me, he's not dead. We've had countless situations like that and Oda never kills any character off-screen. Certainly not such an important one like Kanjuro, who still has a lot of plot left.
"Oda has to kill off people" -> He kills off people -> "No, they're not really dead"

Orochi/Kanjuro serve 0 plot purpose anymore. They even mentioned Orochi was nothing and Kaido was the main problem.

In 1-2 chapters, even the Scabbards will be useless as Luffy vs. Kaido is going to start, and the Samurai will take a backseat to the pirates. Luffy, Kid and Law will probably Room to the top, and the main battle will start.

You have to remember that Wano is a big supplier of seastone to the World Government.

Take some lab rejects, trade them in from some seastone. Not a bad deal. At the start of Wano, the CP0 were haggling over Vegapunk himself with Orochi which is far more outrageous. Kaido might be only Yonko the WG makes these kind of deals with.

The Numbers seem entirely dysfunctional right now. It could be the booze. They are not leading troops or becoming the front line fighters, these drunks just show up whenever they want and smack their own men. Does the Navy really want officers like that? Even using them as gatekeepers in Impel Down might lead to more trouble than stabilitiy, provided they can even fit through the front door.

The bigger loss is for the Beast Pirates. Kaido wants a crew entirely made up of Devil Fruit users, yet he's selling seastone to his greatest enemy. But he's the man who was convinced by Doflamingo to become the exclusive consumer of SMILE. The Numbers could just be one more iffy deal in a long history for Kaido, but I would like to think it was an underground deal with a corrupt member of the WG. Like the deal Nezumi and Arlong had going, or Doflamingo and his insider Vergo.
The thing is Kaido had the numbers before he came to Wano OR during his first 5 years in Wano before he fought Oden and the hours of legend incident as we do see them in the Oden flashback
Post automatically merged:

I actually believe that in an all out fight current Luffy can extreme diff Big Mom. The Straw hats combined can easily defeat her, or any other Yonko maybe except for WB and Shanks
Post automatically merged:

In my opinion, Sulong Carrot Robin, Franky, Brook, Yamato and Jinbei are around the same level aka Tobi Roppo level and they are capable of dealing great damage to a Yonko when they work together.

Last edited:
Kanjuro's purpose to the plot is already served. The only reason to keep him alive is if he has some sort of redemption but there's no need for Oda to do that.
Enel didnt really kill anyone viper and his men survived everything
Fishman pirates survived encounter with BMP prob germa too
Mr.2
Pound
Pell
Iceburg men in ennis lobby they survived an freaking buster call
Jozu and Curiel survive two admirals
99.9 swords slashes are just to scratch the characters

We have all reasons to not believe that they both didnt die
I still doubt Vergo or Monet died ( even though her heart was pierced ) !!!

Oda has taken out all excitement from such cases didnt care anybody

This is too specific to expect but I'd love to see Usopp pick on the flying Gifters while Nami zones for him on the ground and Chopper defends her ay close range

Status
Not open for further replies.