ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Zoro accepted help from Orlumbus against Pica, and the Viz has Luffy saying again that he will be fighting Kaido and leaving the rest of the enemies to everyone else, so stay crying fanboy.
I think the Pica fight is a well of confusion. Yes he was a strong opponent, yes Zoro pulled out the big attacks... but he wasn't really any kind of rival. He tried to avoid and frustrate Zoro while picking on the wounded with his DF... his sword virtually didn't matter. So saying that it's like any of the good challenges ahead of Zoro doesn't really work.

Looking back at some chapters it's really apparent how the F6 are getting held back by the plot.

I'd imagine that they'll be the ones that shift the tide of the battle to the enemies side, and if Luffy/Zoro leave the battlefield as well, then they're even shorter on men.

Looking back at some chapters it's really apparent how the F6 are getting held back by the plot.

I'd imagine that they'll be the ones that shift the tide of the battle to the enemies side, and if Luffy/Zoro leave the battlefield as well, then they're even shorter on men.
Lol imagine if the Yakuza bosses took down the F6. I literally can’t even remember any of the Yakuza bosses names even though I just read about them 2 days ago

Plotwise the Alliance can be really happy.
Denjiro already hype up the Flyers in the last chapter and you need at least strong characters as Zoro/Sanji lvl to deal with them.
It gonna be interesting how it gonna became when the flyers making their move.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Except Zoro accepted help from Orlumbus against Pica, and the Viz has Luffy saying again that he will be fighting Kaido and leaving the rest of the enemies to everyone else, so stay crying fanboy.
No luffy wasnt talking to the crew when he said that but the samurai below him.
Infact a line prior to that was luffy and zoro talking about trying again.

Honestly there needs to be a 101 on how to read manga panels.

People don't bother to think why a) Luffy is shouting and b) it shows a panel of samurai holding up their swords with the chant: "Yaaaah count on us!!!" etc

HA001

Honestly there needs to be a 101 on how to read manga panels.

People don't bother to think why a) Luffy is shouting and b) it shows a panel of samurai holding up their swords with the chant: "Yaaaah count on us!!!" etc
The conversation is literally zoro and luffy talking about going up and then luffy telling the samurai what hes going to do
Which for some reason has been changed to luffy telling zoro stay back.

The conversation is literally zoro and luffy talking about going up and then luffy telling the samurai what hes going to do
Which for some reason has been changed to luffy telling zoro stay back.
When people read the scanlations they probably skim through and don't bother reading it properly basing content off what they saw from the spoilers

I think the Pica fight is a well of confusion. Yes he was a strong opponent, yes Zoro pulled out the big attacks... but he wasn't really any kind of rival. He tried to avoid and frustrate Zoro while picking on the wounded with his DF... his sword virtually didn't matter. So saying that it's like any of the good challenges ahead of Zoro doesn't really work.
Pica was a swordsman. Zoro also got help, in some fashion, in defeating him. It’s pretty simple. Also the idea that Zoro must have a solo fight against a swordsman in an arc where Luffy isn’t even going to get one is evidence enough of an absurd standard thought up by fanboys.
So you think Luffy is going to solo Kaido by himself?
Uh, no? Where did I say or imply that?
Because it makes perfect sense that Luffy would be asking random fodder to handle calamities. Stop.

HA001

Pica was a swordsman. Zoro also got help, in some fashion, in defeating him. It’s pretty simple. Also the idea that Zoro must have a solo fight against a swordsman in an arc where Luffy isn’t even going to get one is evidence enough of an absurd standard thought up by fanboys.

Uh, no? Where did I say or imply that?

Because it makes perfect sense that Luffy would be asking random fodder to handle calamities. Stop.
No you stfu. Open your eyes. Look at the panel. The samurai respond to luffy. If you aint got the brain cells to comprehend something so simple why are you even here.

Actually, there are three characters with claims to Kaido who aren't fighting him now: Kid, Zoro, and Luffy. So Zoro getting to fight someone else greatly increases Luffy's chance of getting a solo fight.

Actually, there are three characters with claims to Kaido who aren't fighting him now: Kid, Zoro, and Luffy. So Zoro getting to fight someone else greatly increases Luffy's chance of getting a solo fight.
Zoro has no claim to fight Kaido. None whatsoever. Law and Kid will both be fighting Kaido alongside Luffy. Them not being there now doesn’t change that. Luffy isn’t fighting Kaido solo.

They're ALL dragons. Look at their DFs.
This is a lazy response to my post so I won't bother to even give you your own incredulous Kaido. Look at those panels and tell me where it's implied that Zoro's after anything else. He wanted to kill Orochi who was never strong enough to fight him and is currently dead. So there are three "dragons" worth a shit and if you're not talking about them you're just wasting everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.