ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who rate this shitty transition chapter "Blew my mind". Why? I'm not saying your decision is dumb or something because it's your decision but why? Nothing fucking happened? Because of SHs panel?

Judging by the logic you are rating shitty chapter like this on the same level as 957 GG.
same reason why people vote this chapter "awful"....nothing fucking happened is from your POV while they have felt something ....it is their decision just like yours...if I ask you why, then you will give your reasons and which some of them might be debatable but that doesn't convince you to change your opinion does it?

I feel really diisapointing by this chapter, yes it's much better than O-Lin comeback(if that was it, I would surely drop this shit), and I'm not even talking about downplaying Yonko. No, No, to be clear I'm talking about how Oda actually trying to said that "nothing happened" and making readers like a fools. Now my main problem is thing that Franky said and Robin with Jinbey did. Oda pretend that SH Robin and Franky was already that strongm which is obviosly NOT TRUE. Now I remember how Franky was dealing with scrub named as Mr.Pink and Robin couldn't defeat Diamante, case she litteraly was able only defend herself and Rebeca. And now Oda give em vibes that they was already on YC lvl at the very minimum. This is obviosly trash even worsther than Faity Tail Power of Friendship. But in Fairy Tail author never tried to use weak members of guild against main villains of arc, that because every one get theyre development. Yes that was trash development but it was there at the very least. Now Oda is using characters who wasn't showed for 400 chapters and pretend that they was already that strong. This is what you easily call Shitty writing. And problem is that Oda will take SH from this part even farther, he will trash logic and anything for plot sake and things that was earlier like impossible now will became possible.
And ofcourse people will say that for plot sake is more than enough reason to to this stuff. But common we are reading not a History of the world, but we reading story, and story has to be interesting. How you call story interesting when you even don't feel anything for characters, case MC became immortal and anything is possible for them.
So this is TRASH CHAPTER for me.
This is something I realised long back and already have accepted. Story doesn't seem to be the priority to Oda anymore, he is just rushing to finish plot. Well that is also fine but yeah its better if he did not add inconsistent scenes to fill up as they don't even add to plot nor make sense to story.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
same reason why people vote this chapter "awful"....nothing fucking happened is from your POV while they have felt something ....it is their decision just like yours...if I ask you why, then you will give your reasons and which some of them might be debatable but that doesn't convince you to change your opinion does it?
I mean I know a lot of people here and what their standards are ( at least I think I do ) and it' surprising for me that a lot of people rate shitty chapter like this with 5/5.

This is not even close to 5/5 YES AT LEAST FOR ME.

Only interesting thing is Straw Hats panel.

I understand how you see my comment but it's not that it bothers me but more like it's surprising.

Its like whenever there is Zoro and Sanji thread everyone rate for their favorite character and etc because they are included.

You know what the problem is with those interactions you just mentioned...... Their not written as actual fights......Like Ch.895 Luffy vs Katakuri, CH. 414 Sanji vs Jabra, CH. 416 Zoro vs Kaku, CH. 777 Zoro vs Pica. These are actual Fights that allow the characters to display their abilities. Sanjis "previous battles" have all been clashes. Inconclusive clashes at that, aside from Doflamingo and even then Sanji didnt even use his strongest attacks against doffy. He still would've lost based on luffys portrayal against doffy but still.
Vergo and Judge were still actual fights, you can make the argument that Bege was not an actual fight

I mean I know a lot of people here and what their standards are ( at least I think I do ) and it' surprising for me that a lot of people rate shitty chapter like this with 5/5.

This is not even close to 5/5 YES AT LEAST FOR ME.

Only interesting thing is Straw Hats panel.

I understand how you see my comment but it's not that it bothers me but more like it's surprising.

Its like whenever there is Zoro and Sanji thread everyone rate for their favorite character and etc because they are included.
this is not even close to 5/5 agreed but at the same time this chapter doesn't deserve awful rating atleast for me....besides, no one here is "critic"....in this forum, around 50-60% of people rate chapter based on their favorite character portrayal in that chapter, they don't bother about context/circumstances or they don't give opposite character some credit or they won't give change to that character (this includes me sometimes)....oh btb this is definitely not transition chapter, it is just time is "good" for protagonists side as antagonists were caught offguard it takes bit of time for them to fall into place...action already started....just there is no 1 vs 1 yet...remember EL, how many fodders SHs had to cross to get to CP9?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
this is not even close to 5/5 agreed but at the same time this chapter doesn't deserve awful rating atleast for me....besides, no one here is "critic"....in this forum, around 50-60% of people rate chapter based on their favorite character portrayal in that chapter, they don't bother about context/circumstances or they don't give opposite character some credit or they won't give change to that character (this includes me sometimes)....oh btb this is definitely not transition chapter, it is just time is "good" for protagonists side as antagonists were caught offguard it takes bit of time for them to fall into place...action already started....just there is no 1 vs 1 yet...remember EL, how many fodders SHs had to cross to get to CP9?
I rate this chapter as shit because I have my reasons. It's not because Zoro is not the main dog or something.

I could name you why I rate this as awful if you want. It may be to harsh but it is what it is.

I've been with this series for too long and my exp[ectations are very high.

Oda hyped up a lot of things and few of them disappoint me so I have rights to be angry a little.

This is something I realised long back and already have accepted. Story doesn't seem to be the priority to Oda anymore, he is just rushing to finish plot. Well that is also fine but yeah its better if he did not add inconsistent scenes to fill up as they don't even add to plot nor make sense to story.
This is still a first. until recently Oda never had the weaker straw hats making a fool out of the main antagonist even if PIS was always a thing. I don't care about yonkou downplaying but I don't get what Oda is aiming at with Big Mom's treatment. At least in WCI it could be partially explained by the hunger sickness making her unable to fight like usual but now?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Well, it’s great to see that the usual powerscaling suspects are supplying their regular bullshit in yet ANOTHER thread that doesn’t remotely call for it...they better not ever make me a mod, I won’t hesitate to threadban some of y’all motherfuckers with impunity :crocusuh:

ANYWAY...let’s take one more moment to soak in the glory of Franky and Brook giving Big Mom the biggest L of her on screen career thus far!! Luffy saying “You can always count on Franky” is just icing on the cake:finally::fransuper::brootea:

Yamato has to stop with the cringy Oden cosplay, even someone like me who is ardently #Yamato4Nakama is getting tired of this shit. Momo and Shinobu seem repulsed, but with us, we’ve earned that reaction.

Remember what I said a couple paragraphs ago?? If Franky had fired off that laser, half of the Yonkos present at Onigashima would now be deceased. It says a lot that in the face of the greatest opposition the cyborg has dealt with to this point, he stood tall and was ready to fire off an attack. Absolutely no hesitation or fear; he was gonna lay down his life to give Linlin a head full of laser. I don’t wanna hear another word about the Monster Trio ever again unless it’s acknowledging Franky as being above them by leaps and bounds 😤🦾

Numbers are failed ancient giants?? That makes them a little cooler, but I’m sorry, Oda...I still don’t like them. If you wanna keep using them as hype tools for Franky, be my guest :emohiyo:

Behind every powerful man, there’s an even more powerful woman...and the fishman who just joined their crew. Robin and Jinbe throwing Big Mom away like a piece of trash is a masterful display all around, but specifically, it’s the coolest/most consequential God damn thing Robin’s gotten to do since the crew reunited at Sabaody. After receding to the background for so long, this is an incredible way for her to come roaring back to relevance :robinsweat:

Swear to God, I almost expected Monet to be flying around with King. @Tokiro Oumaga would have had a field day if her girl had come bursting back onto the scene in such a chaotic way.

In conclusion - Pound remains the MVP of the worst cover story, “no break next week” are the only four words in the chapter that really matter, and I have waited for too many years to see this panel, so I’d like to nominate it as new banner of the forum. Thank you, and see you wonderful jackasses next week (!!!)

Well, I also realised that this thing will became problem, and fact that nobody cared about SH development as a whole, made me feeling even worther. And now what I've been feared just happened. But again Oda use the worst case scenario for SH crew. If Robin and Franky was able somehow stop Queen or King It wouldn't be seemed that bad. But now dealing with Younko for them it's nothing....
Somehow I could justify things with Big Mom and SH in WCI case they used BM weakness agains herself, and Brrok was litteraly one man in the world who could cut the Souls. But now what we saw in this chapter it's just horrible...and those things now couldn't be justified.
But I don't cgree that Oda is rushing series to finish plot, case there are dousens of chapters in Wano and WCI arc that could be used for character development, while they was used for nothing(fanservice etc). for example don't forget Bath scene, and Luffy with Udon scenes. So Oda is using same pace as always but he just skeep everyone...at least he was skeeping till now.
If Oda somehow will put SH in serious fight with power of plot and made em stronger, well this could be the cure for the situation, but now Oda just used another chapter for nothing, or even wothrer to pretend that SH was strong already. And that could lead for another skiping SH crew development part...and focusing on main battle, and that is exactly what I am afraid.
In that term One Piece will just turn into Joke itself....

Problem is that Oda wants to end the series in less than 5 years yet he never allowed a straw hat outside Luffy to get a hard fight where they grow because he was too focused on wanking tontatta/gladiators/scabbards. A decade has passed since the timeskip yet 2/3 of the crew still got no haki and now Oda wants us to believe they're suddenly big deal despite letting them on the backseat for years. I expected it to happen but it doesn't mean it couldn't have been handled better

now Oda give em vibes that they was already on YC lvl at the very minimum
Sorry but this is plain wrong. You have seen what YC level guys can do and compare with what Franky and Robin did. it will pale in comparison. Fuck even Luffy didn't get that YC1 level vibe so far in this raid. Only one who actually got YC level vibe was Jimbei. You just saying random stuff just to support your argument.

I for once glad that tactical fight is still a thing and its not just "o, muh powerful haki "​
Problem is that Oda wants to end the series in less than 5 years yet he never allowed a straw hat outside Luffy to get a hard fight where they grow because he was too focused on wanking tontatta/gladiators/scabbards. A decade has passed since the timeskip yet 2/3 of the crew still got no haki and now Oda wants us to believe they're suddenly big deal despite letting them on the backseat for years. I expected it to happen but it doesn't mean it couldn't have been handled better
its never ending before 2025.. all this shit is just marketing

they are looking like they are big deal from competence POV, why does Franky need haki when he can imrpove his laser beam technique. Besides, they are using tactics to stop/delay BigMom...

Status
Not open for further replies.