Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think a major issue is he spends time reaching the battles themselves. People don't realize it, but Enies Lobby was virtually 30 chapters of random fodder battles and flashbacks until 20 chapters of actual fights.

It really hasn't changed at all in the series. The difference is, you probably were more invested in Robin or Lucci than the Scabbards, Momo and Kaido.

And thats totally cool
Enies Lobby was legitimately very hated when it was ongoing, /a/ was declaring One Piece to have jumped the Shark and Arlong Park was shitting on it weekly , it's only through hindsight that it became a fan favourite

Water 7 was always beloved though

Yup. So in chapter 989, that's a drawing mistake from oda
Oh, my God you don't get it, ok. Listen, Samurais wear swords on their right side and that's not wrong, it's just means that they don't feel threatened, they do it in regular time, but in war time or in a dangerous place they wear their swords on left side meaning they are ready for action so don't play with them.

He was in middle of the fight what, was the point? Zoro is not going switch the sides of his swords in beedle of the action, it's about in which mentality you enter an island or ship. Zoro feels threaten only now knowing how strong Yonkos are and their crew but if he doesn't know how strong the enemy is then he will automatically think that he's stronger.
He wasn't in the middle of anything, the fight stopped and then restarted after Kuma's shock. And considering that the swords in the left would be by itself an ultimately impractical detail that only "affects" how the user faces a fight, then it makes total sense for him to switch the moment he's about to strike Kuma after a pause during which the entire Thriller Bark lost to him and he was confirmed to be a very, very serious threat. What's the difference between taking one second to put the bandana on and taking one second to switch sides, for example? They'd both be impractical actions that only obey a psychological reason for Zoro (and it's not like the bandana always equals being serious, but well, it serves the point).

Proportionally, facing Kuma in Thriller Bark was more dangerous for them than facing the Beasts Pirates now because, well, we know they are going to win now but they were dead meat agains the former. If Zoro feels threaten now, imagine back then.

Again, it is bullshit and, if not a drawing mistake like many others, just an aesthetic choice for Robin to be more visible. In almost three decades of serious fights Zoro has never, ever been consistent on putting the swords on the left side. It means nothing.

Enies Lobby was legitimately very hated when it was ongoing, /a/ was declaring One Piece to have jumped the Shark and Arlong Park was shitting on it weekly , it's only through hindsight that it became a fan favourite

Water 7 was always beloved though
I will always remember it. I got into the series in 2005 and was around for the early Arlong Park days. People did NOT like the pacing and called it Skypiea 2.0

Oh, my God you don't get it, ok. Listen, Samurais wear swords on their right side and that's not wrong, it's just means that they don't feel threatened, they do it in regular time, but in war time or in a dangerous place they wear their swords on left side meaning they are ready for action so don't play with them.
Isn't it a problem that Zoro didn't do it againt Mihawk in Baratie then?

This guy didn't even know what samurai are:milaugh:
Brook and Sanji knew more about the samurai

He wasn't in the middle of anything, the fight stopped and then restarted after Kuma's shock. And considering that the swords in the left would be by itself an ultimately impractical detail that only "affects" how the user faces a fight, then it makes total sense for him to switch the moment he's about to strike Kuma after a pause during which the entire Thriller Bark lost to him. What's the difference between taking one second to put the bandana on and taking one second to switch sides, for example? They'd both be impractical actions that only obey a psychological reason for Zoro (it's not like the bandana always equals being serious, but well).

Proportionally, facing Kuma in Thriller Bark was more dangerous for them than facing the Beasts Pirates now because, well, we know they are going to win now but they were dead meat agains the former. If Zoro feels threaten now, imagine back then.

Again, it is bullshit and, if not a drawing mistake like many others, just an aesthetic choice for Robin to be more visible. In almost three decades of serious fights Zoro has never, ever been consistent on putting the swords on the left side. It means nothing.
It doesn't make sense, he wouldn't switch it in that moment, it's about your mentality and doesn't increase your power, it just has symbolic meaning.

Okay and Oda was asked why Zoro only wears his swords like that, and it's posture.

I mean do you want me to find the sbs? Is that it? You don't believe that this is what Oda said?

I mean it will take a long ass time

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
He is definitely setting it up that way. Otherwise why bring in the whole act thing in the first place?
I mean I saw this somewhere on Twitter that it's definitely inspired by Kabuki play but as it said "inspired". Oda can basically go for 4 acts.

But yeah I think it will be just 5 acts.

So far in Wano...

Sanji beat some Yakuza clowns -> Then played with Page One -> Saw Nami Naked(Always a win) -> Then played with two SN -> Neg diffed some gifters -> Clashed equally with a Calamity.

Zoro was on the run from civilians -> captured by civilians -> beat some unimportant magistrate -> lost his sword again(The guy need better security for his possessions) -> Koed by a pleasurer -> Played by Kyoshiro -> beat some fodder ninja but not really as we see them totally fine in the banquet -> Spit on by Apoo -> Struggled with 3 gifters -> Saved by random samurais from said gifters -> And spit out by a Calamity.

Yeah... Zoro need some lotion for his red ass after all the rape he suffered this arc. LoL

Okay and Oda was asked why Zoro only wears his swords like that, and it's posture.

I mean do you want me to find the sbs? Is that it? You don't believe that this is what Oda said?

I mean it will take a long ass time
Not even worth your time, their will always be a counter argument no matter how much proof you provide
Post automatically merged:

We've gone from getting raw scans of spoilers to just reading other people's discussions about spoilers.

What exactly does luffy and Zoro vs numbers even mean. Aren't these guys one shot material?

Like I'm assuming one named attack from Zoro and like gear third punch can finish these guys.
I like your style

Status
Not open for further replies.