Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda is good at world building but shit at plot writing. The lore he writes for each arc are always good ( except Wano) and the islands and settings look great. But the plot is always the same....

Bad guy threatens island -> Princess/Damsel meets SHs and becomes friends -> Princess/Damsel needs help to defeat bad guy -> SHs defeat bad guy and have a party.

There has been a few switch ups those usually involve ticking time bombs and needing to escape the island such as Impel Down and WCI. But yh usually most arcs follow the same generic forumlas.

I remember someone on reddit being super adamant (back when OP was at like 930 chapters) that we would get to the main fights by like Chapter 960. Then when 960 came around we got a 12 chapter flashback lol. 30 chapters later, here we are:jay-he:

Its definitely a product of having so many characters, but what can you do. DR only had 3 Supernova, this arc has 8. That should tell people a lot. Imagine the final arc lol
Lol this guy clearly dont know how op arcs works lmfao
Did he seriously expected that ?
Also yeah this arc is big and has a lot of characters

I guess that some people are being impatient and i understand that but still they shouldn't expect the main fights now..we have a lot of time before it will happen

Especially when it comes to the Kaido's fight

How is Sanji being blackmailed to go his fault? Should he let the people he care about die? And wasn't luffy the one who stupidly picked the fight with Big Mom? Due to luffy's actions the big mom pirates showed up at Dresrossa and forced half the crew to flee to zou.
I hate it when people say Sanji caused trouble for the straw hats which ultimately caused big mom coming over to Wano.

Wtf else was he supposed to do ?
Let Big Mom kill everyone he held dear ?

And besides it's not if it didn't help the straw hats
Luffy learnt future sight
Jinbe was able to join the straw hats
Sanji got his raid suit
Nami got Zeus.

Oda is good at world building but shit at plot writing. The lore he writes for each arc are always good ( except Wano) and the islands and settings look great. But the plot is always the same....

Bad guy threatens island -> Princess/Damsel meets SHs and becomes friends -> Princess/Damsel needs help to defeat bad guy -> SHs defeat bad guy and have a party.

There has been a few switch ups those usually involve ticking time bombs and needing to escape the island such as Impel Down and WCI. But yh usually most arcs follow the same generic forumlas.
Remember back when people thought Doflamingo was gonna be a good king which would make the Strawhats the villains of an island for the first time since Impel Down?

I second your opinion. I guess Oda found his method working for him for more than 20 years so he's reluctant to switch up things too much.
On world building though, Oda is truely Goda.

Because words usually carry consequences.

Zoro warned that two yonkou would a problem to face.

But then again, if the straw hats actually beat Kaido and big mom, then Zoro's was wrong. Two yonkou aren't a problem.

There would only need to be some drama if Luffy bringing big mom here actually results in the alliance losing
I partially agree, currently the war is more difficult to win with Big mom as an enemy on top of Kaido.

Like you said as well a lot of "if" scenarios, just gotta wait to see how Oda plays it out

I hate it when people say Sanji caused trouble for the straw hats which ultimately caused big mom coming over to Wano.

Wtf else was he supposed to do ?
Let Big Mom kill everyone he held dear ?

And besides it's not if it didn't help the straw hats
Luffy learnt future sight
Jinbe was able to join the straw hats
Sanji got his raid suit
Nami got Zeus.
Road Poneglyph too.

i always hear the talk about the final war but i cant imagie such a scenario
That it'll be long or short? It'll probably even bigger than Wano in terms of setup and scope considering it will probably involve:

- Blackbeard and his crew
- Shanks and his crew
- Im, Gorosei, Kong and the WG
- Akainu, the Admirals and the Marines (Garp/Sengoku)
- Dragon, Sabo and the Revo's
- Vegapunk, Kuma and the SSG (if this isn't a centralized arc with the Revo's and Bonney)
- CP-0
- Strawhats, Supernova and SHF+ any other Kingdom/Pirate Allies

Like that shit is way bigger than anything remotely comprehensive for Wano's scope. I can't imagine Oda upping the pace for those characters and so many different perspectives, knowing him.

Actually BigMom is considered that way in her territory by her people. SH was considered villains
At least Totto Land is different from the other countries where there is always a persecuted royal family and a rightful king to put back on his throne, it's clear that Totto Land cannot be ruled by someone else than the Charlotte Family and that it's one of the reasons why I do see them getting better and becoming allies in the future.

Lol this guy clearly dont know how op arcs works lmfao
Did he seriously expected that ?
Also yeah this arc is big and has a lot of characters

I guess that some people are being impatient and i understand that but still they shouldn't expect the main fights now..we have a lot of time before it will happen

Especially when it comes to the Kaido's fight
Yeah, I honestly expect another 10-20 chapters before the "real" fighting even begins, let alone characters falling and being done for the arc, and that to me is being optimistic. Dressrosa had 20+ chapters of skirmishes and setup before major characters started falling. This arc is significantly larger.

That it'll be long or short? It'll probably even bigger than Wano in terms of setup and scope considering it will probably involve:

- Shanks and his crew
- Vegapunk, Kuma and the SSG (if this isn't a centralized arc with the Revo's and Bonney)
- CP-0

Like that shit is way bigger than anything remotely comprehensive for Wano's scope. I can't imagine Oda upping the pace for those characters and so many different perspectives, knowing him.
Oda has been saying he'll end One Piece in 5 years for the past 3 years I think.(Go watch KoL rant on it it's hilarious). I'll give it another 10 years tbh if continues with the current pace.

- Shanks and his crew
- CP-0

i dont imagine a final war happening at all. And if t happens, not with that big of a cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.