Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
since Wano is the W7/EL of the new World, and Oda clearly still recycling pre TS arc but recently doing a good job hiding it, and since Wano supposed to focus on Zoro, Zoro probably is equivalent of robin in this arc

Zoro is gonna make some kind of sacrifice in this Raid similar to Robin's , and SHs will need to save him or convince him to return

only way this could work is if he's Kaido son, and Kaido offer to spare the SHs if he accept to join him and become the shogun instead of yamato

Kaido full name is Roronoa Kaido
my god that would be awful just no:whitepress:

i won't take anymore of king slander in this thread, if king's sword doesn't exist kaido probably won't be able to kill orochi.:goatasure:

you lot should be grateful that king is a swordsman or else orochi will still be alive by now
Turns out Orochi is indeed still alive..

Tried to stop Big Mom entering Wano -> Big Mom still entered Wano
Borrowed his sword to Kaido to kill Orochi -> Orochi survived
Tried to guard Momo -> Momo got saved
Tried to cut Sanji in half -> Sanji gets up again

RIP King's hype
The only time his hypes weren't ruined is when he still stayed silent in the background, complete with his repeated introduction box

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
King is apparently a very unique species and the last individual of his race so the potential for an interesting mini subplot is already there, I hope Oda will capitalize on it.
Theres an interesting video interpreting Big Mom's words about King. I don't think she said he is the last of his race. Rather, that there is a notion present in the world that his very race has been lost to time.

Edit: He is just one of the three races that is absent in Totto Land rather than that he is the last of his race.

dont you want sanji to fight king?
I guess he is shitty then.
Sanji being able to generate flames is not something normal definitely. It is certainly not just friction or passion thingy...
Judge’s modification seem so far to be based on specific devil fruits and even races (Ichiji->Pika Pika no Mi, Niji->Goro Goro no Mi&Minks, Reiju->Doku Doku no Mi).
Maybe Sanji was modified by taking Suke Suke no Mi and King’s race as base models. (Assuming that King’s race can generate flames willingly.)

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Sanji being able to generate flames is not something normal definitely. It is certainly not just friction or passion thingy...
Judge’s modification seem so far to be based on specific devil fruits and even races (Ichiji->Pika Pika no Mi, Niji->Goro Goro no Mi&Minks, Reiju->Doku Doku no Mi).
Maybe Sanji was modified by taking Suke Suke no Mi and King’s race as base models. (Assuming that King’s race can generate flames willingly.)
It has been confirmed that Sanji's genetic modifications failed no?

Turns out Orochi is indeed still alive..

Tried to stop Big Mom entering Wano -> Big Mom still entered Wano
Borrowed his sword to Kaido to kill Orochi -> Orochi survived
Tried to guard Momo -> Momo got saved
Tried to cut Sanji in half -> Sanji gets up again

RIP King's hype
The only time his hypes weren't ruined is when he still stayed silent in the background, complete with his repeated introduction box
So basically all king opponents got saved by plot king goated :cheers:

The brain of the crew let Luffy, Kid and Killer break out of Udon and then asked gifters to capture the supernovas on Onigashima. :milaugh:
exactly he even let luffy train underestimating him greatly let babanuki handle someone with 1.5 billion bounty, king seems better at detecting threat judging by how he stopped big mom pirates later first to notice sanji. just because he hasn't gotten enough screen time yet like queen, it's funny to see people shitting on him making all sorts of baseless assumptions.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
We'll see what Oda has about King but thus far he is rather flat and boring. Queen is mostly a gag but he is entertaining. Jack had a boss introduction. My concern is that Oda will not explore the things he has set up. Look at Toki for example. All she amounted to was a baby factory that just happened to be able to travel through time.

Hiyori has amounted to a mere damsel despite being in a country full of powerful swordsmen the past 20 years. It's terrible that she can't even defend herself even just a little.

With the way Oda has been handling certain plot lines, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that King's past will at most get a few panels if we're lucky. If I'm wrong then I'll eat crow.

Theres an interesting video interpreting Big Mom's words about King. I don't think she said he is the last of his race. Rather, that there is a notion present in the world that his very race has been lost to time.

Edit: He is just one of the three races that is absent in Totto Land rather than that he is the last of his race.
Thank you for bringing another light to the subject, it’s interesting. In any case, not expanding on this would be wasting an opportunity for a good plot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.