Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how badly I would be remembered for OJ if I was there during WCI.

I clowned Big Mom harder than I do here.
I realized the mistake very late...when I was new to the OJ forum after WCI whenever I see the trolling of BigMom, I was extremely surprised and then I realized the biggest mistake I did was joining any forum discussing anime/manga. Now I can't get out of it....:josad:

Oda's pacing was always almost unbearable to read on a weekly basis, he has a bad habit of focusing on unimportant stuff , didn't he say that he wanted Alabasta to be much longer?
Yup, the pacing really hasn't changed.

The problem is keeping the same pacing while also making the plot 10x larger in scope. His pacing worked for Alabasta (it got a little "draggy" when he did the bomb countdown even), but people disliked Skypiea weekly due to the massively elongated ending (nearly 30% of all of Skypiea was just dealing with Luffy trying to get back up to Enel with the Golden Ball and also had Norlands flashback).

Look at what happens when Oda introduces more sub characters (who are combatants) into a story:

Skypiea: Wiper and his tribe served as an additional side to fighting Enel. This extended Skypiea massively

Enies Lobby: Franky family and Carpenters all part of the final battle. Tons of exposition given to everyone fighting Fodder.

Thriller Bark: Virtually no sub characters save for Lola and her crew. Pacing was excellent IMO

Paramount War: Another example of exemplary pacing. Luffy was the only main character in Amazon Lily (10 chapters), served to break out former villains in Impel Down (25 chapters) and was the central focus outside of Ace/Whitebeard in Marineford where the other characters were simply used as teases for the future such as Kuma, Doffy. Mihawk, the Admirals, Garp, Sengoku and Blackbeard (30 chapters).

And I dont have to talk about Post-Timeskip because that's when the number of characters per arc skyrocketed beyond anything Pre-Timeskip has done.

But tbh, the one thing that's never disappointed me is the fights when they happen. Sure, we havent gotten major battles (where limits are pushed) for anyone under Luffy since pre-timeskip, but thats essentially what this arc is promising. All 10 strawhats are present. They are facing a Yonko. The fights have barely started.

At this point, pacing is going to be monumentally slow due to the number of sub characters, but once we get to the fights, I think they are going to be fantastic and pay off well. We forget that there aren't just 10 strawhats, but various other supernova captains and scabbards who've had their story begin hundreds of chapters ago. There will be payoff for it.

Can't be bothered to do green circles but

When challenging Mihawk to achieve his dream

When fighting in Arlong Park to save Nami

When fighting for Vivi's sake in Alabasta

Skypiea against his end of the arc opponent

When fighting against Kaku to recover Robin's key and save her from the CP9

When up against Ryuma's Zombie in TB

Zoro always wears his swords on the right Pre Time Skip, it's not a New World thing.

If the narrative is that the whole time he's been taking it easy, it sheds a bad light on his character in quite a few of these instances given the stakes or significance for him achieving his dream.
This is typically only something people with dominant left hands themselves would observe, but the more likely scenario is that he is left handed. He leads with his left (conventional swords and some Japanese fighting styles lead right) and finishes his one sword strokes on the opposite side. He blocks from the front and back or on either side with his left (Smoker and Kawamatsu) too.

Oda made up a reason for his sheaths being opposite but I don't remember it refuting this

Sure. But I'll need the sbs question
Chapter 232, Page 126Edit
D: Greetings! Why is it that Zoro has his swords held at his right hip when swords are usually worn on the left?

-Quickly-

O: Uhhh... because if Zoro doesn't have something heavy on his right side, he'd keep leaning to the left (ha). Oh, that's right. I have a question for you now. In Volume 21, Chapter 194 "Cut Through Steel", why is it that Zoro has his swords on his left hip in every single picture? And why is it that on page 154, his scabbards seem to have disappeared entirely? Now, is it true that the mistakes in this chapter were so massive that even the readers failed to write in and scold me for them?

Yes, it's true.

Is it true that I didn't fix a single panel because of the half-assed reason, "there are too many panels to fix"?

Yes, that is true. And now, a haiku:

Hmmm, Oda-sensei. Looks tired again today.

The weather is nice. Sensei, thank you very much for your time today. You're welcome.

So far...

Zoro beat Killer in 2 vs 1, stalemated Kyoshiro, beat Hawkins, beat ninja, beat 500 gifters, saved unconscious Luffy etc

Sanji? Run away from Page One and Drake. Slammed by Drake and King. Beg for his life against King. He still survived thanks to the Raid Suit. Power Rangers tool that can turn a fodder to hero.

Fixed :cheers:
Zoro's defeated more fodder, Had a short 1v1 and defeated Killer and had clashes with strong people.
Sanjis defeated fodder, had clashes with strong people, but has saved more people.

Overall Zoro's has done more from a combative standpoint, which is the norm in one piece. Overall Sanji has saved more people which is the norm as well.

Out of all of luffys crewmates Zoro and Sanji have done the most in this arc, and have had the most focus. They even got a cool moment together in the capital. They've both contributed to the arc. Why does it matter who's done more? Odas gonna give them more moments than the others anyways.

Tbh, I thought indication of Zoro being serious was when he wore his bandana guys.

In that case, his battle against Kamazo should have been proof that it wasn't "as serious" to him as other battles are. Yes, he was caught off guard and passed out after fighting both Onimaru and Kamazo, but already that should have been indication of him being serious or not.

He has yet to wear the bandana at all this arc. That's a big deal

Chapter 232, Page 126Edit
D: Greetings! Why is it that Zoro has his swords held at his right hip when swords are usually worn on the left?

-Quickly-

O: Uhhh... because if Zoro doesn't have something heavy on his right side, he'd keep leaning to the left (ha). Oh, that's right. I have a question for you now. In Volume 21, Chapter 194 "Cut Through Steel", why is it that Zoro has his swords on his left hip in every single picture? And why is it that on page 154, his scabbards seem to have disappeared entirely? Now, is it true that the mistakes in this chapter were so massive that even the readers failed to write in and scold me for them?

Yes, it's true.

Is it true that I didn't fix a single panel because of the half-assed reason, "there are too many panels to fix"?

Yes, that is true. And now, a haiku:

Hmmm, Oda-sensei. Looks tired again today.

The weather is nice. Sensei, thank you very much for your time today. You're welcome.
The greatest use of a sanji fan. Debunking Zoro wank

@Master OF Haki @bennbeckman Benn

Let's go teach these redditors and twitter boys
Post automatically merged:

Not Yonko production, you angry Zoro fanboy. Beneath it.
That guy isn't Oda either

Status
Not open for further replies.