Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ennies lobby receiveed wayyy more hate than wano , i remember Well, and in the end It turned out ....
Yo. It did. 100%

People hated the sea train and the constant Luffy vs. Fodder for 10 chapters. People thought Oda was "going back to his old ways" from Skypiea by having fodder (Franky Family/Galley La) fight fodder (WG agents and the Enies Lobby agents).

People only love it now because in retrospect it was a great adventure and works well on a full reread. It also had great battles and ending. Funny how people say the same thing about Dressrosa. I've even heard the same thing about WCI, but BOTH DR and WCI are still awaiting payoffs from Wano.

Yo. It did. 100%

People hated the sea train and the constant Luffy vs. Fodder for 10 chapters. People thought Oda was "going back to his old ways" from Skypiea by having fodder (Franky Family/Galley La) fight fodder (WG agents and the Enies Lobby agents).

People only love it now because in retrospect it was a great adventure and works well on a full reread. Funny how people say the same thing about Dressrosa. I've even heard the same thing about WCI, but BOTH DR and WCI are still awaiting payoffs from Wano.
One Piece is indeed better on reread but a lot of people I know still dislike Dressrosa. :kata: Despite my ranting I still enjoy weekly Wano more than weekly Dressrosa

everyone should understand that the critics here are also loyal fans and have read the one piece for so long, so understand why they lost their temper:josad:

at that point, I just wanted the fights and fb about a minor character to start getting really annoying whether it's good or not, at least hopefully the kaido flashback gives us some information about the rocks.
Criticism =/= rant. I have seen people who has given good analysis whatever awful thing happened in a healthy way and people even who are die hard supports of Oda supported their views (atleast in this forum). Memeing/trollpost is never a criticism. And see your second post, "you just want fights"....and if this didn't happen, then the chapter is bad....how do you call this as a criticism?

The most crazier time was when ace died chapter 574 and when BB reveals that he can have 2 DFs
I remember that day like its yesterday
Shit was so crazy that even server crash in one of forums and people making tons of theories thats was peak of one piece
Post automatically merged:

What you mean? I was there. Ask other people that was there then.
I start reading at end of enies lobby so i cannot really tell i didnt have same feeling like others

Maybe Oda wants to portray that Luffy’s opponent get stronger therefore he needs to use bigger moves:kayneshrug:
Yeah, like I said, he has way stronger than a basic G2 punch in his arsenal with resorting to Gear 4.

And let's not forget, Elbaf is next arc, so it's not like regular giants are fodders either.

Thats my point. You are comparing apples to oranges because we aren't at the 1v1s yet bruh. On top of this, the Supernova didn't exist. On top of that, Wano has 10 times the number of characters Enies Lobby has.
We aren't so there was no point in the gathering some people have waited for years now.

And you are right... The SN haven't exists and the Oda introducing 100 side characters haven't as well

But that is post TS

If you like it ok. I do not really care for any of them. And even less if they let the SHs bar Luffy feel like side characters instead having the focus

One Piece is indeed better on reread but a lot of people I know still dislike Dressrosa. :kata: Despite my ranting I still enjoy weekly Wano more than weekly Dressrosa
Oh its definitely not the same. Enies Lobby had a, imo, way more emotional ending overall. Everyone , save for Robin/Usopp, got fights. It still payed off well even with its pacing complaints.

The problem is in retrospect, much of DR's payoff still hasn't truly happened yet. We dont know much of what the SHF's significance is going to be (only a teased major incident). We still don't know how Laws story will end. And really in the end, it combined a lot of ideas that I think hurt it.

See, I have my problems with this manga too. There are things I absolutely dislike. I dislike Chopper's character post timeskip. I dislike the fact that Robin/Nami get shafted in fights every time. I dislike that virtually no one has gotten serious battles aside from Luffy since the timeskip.

BUT I personally wait until an arc ends in order to see how I feel about it. Its why don't have views about an individual chapter being "trash", because in the end I need to see how the entire arc pays off. Also, tbh, I like the Supernova, so any info on them or the Flying Six or the Numbers is going to be an interesting chapter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.