Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh its definitely not the same. Enies Lobby had a, imo, way more emotional ending overall. Everyone , save for Robin/Usopp, got fights. It still payed off well even with its pacing complaints.

The problem is in retrospect, much of DR's payoff still hasn't truly happened yet. We dont know much of what the SHF's significance is going to be (only a teased major incident). We still don't know how Laws story will end. And really in the end, it combined a lot of ideas that I think hurt it.

See, I have my problems with this manga too. There are things I absolutely dislike. I dislike Chopper's character post timeskip. I dislike the fact that Robin/Nami get shafted in fights every time. I dislike that virtually no one has gotten serious battles aside from Luffy since the timeskip.

BUT I personally wait until an arc ends in order to see how I feel about it. Its why don't have views about an individual chapter being "trash", because in the end I need to see how the entire arc pays off. Also, tbh, I like the Supernova, so any info on them or the Flying Six or the Numbers is going to be an interesting chapter to me.
I always re-read an arc when we got all tjr chapters before giving my definitive opinion on it. Judging chapter by chapter does not make sense for me

In the end Oda doesn't give a flying fuck about what any of us thinks about the series, lmao.

Dude's net worth is off the charts and he wants to spend that shit with his family as long as he's young enough, so sacrificing some things for the sake of the story moving forward is a necessary sacrifice.

One piece will be amongst the top selling manga even after its ends.

From that point of view i can totally understand him.

In the end Oda doesn't give a flying fuck about what any of us thinks about the series, lmao.

Dude's net worth is off the charts and he wants to spend that shit with his family as long as he's young enough, so sacrificing some things for the sake of the story moving forward is a necessary sacrifice.

One piece will be amongst the top selling manga even after its ends.

From that point of view i can totally understand him.
Death Note and Nana dethroned him before

I think It its but the point is not that, its that ennies lobby receiveed more hate and it
did, other members already conformes it
The hate in Wano is bigger of every single faction of fans.

In the past we didn't have them
Post automatically merged:

Your failed hot take, takes the cake though. I don't bitch nearly as oft as most of you and everybody else.
:fujilaugh:
Sounds like bitching

Yo. It did. 100%

People hated the sea train and the constant Luffy vs. Fodder for 10 chapters. People thought Oda was "going back to his old ways" from Skypiea by having fodder (Franky Family/Galley La) fight fodder (WG agents and the Enies Lobby agents).

People only love it now because in retrospect it was a great adventure and works well on a full reread. It also had great battles and ending. Funny how people say the same thing about Dressrosa. I've even heard the same thing about WCI, but BOTH DR and WCI are still awaiting payoffs from Wano.
Were there internet forums about one piece at that time?:choppawhat:

Also the "6 weaker Straw Hats vs. Tobi Roppo" crowd is going to hold a giant fucking L. It was obvious X-Drake was going to defect.

No one wants to accept that outside M3, SHs are essentially fodder when compared to the top dogs.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Imagine thinking Wano or WCI gave you competent villains, and thinking both arcs have had any sort of tension or consequences.

"New world makes the first half look like paradise" "Yonkos rule over it like it's their own playground"

So far it's all been fun little pirates games with stalling and furthur stalling in between. No sense of urgency, danger or consequences.

If you believe it's anywhere near comparable to pre timeskip OP or even Deressrosa, then i don't know man, it's a wagwan for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.