One Piece Chapter 991: "Please let us die"

How good was the chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Great Chapter and had a lot going on. Zoro fulfilling his obligations as a First Mate was really good to see. Both Jimbie and Franky speaking out from their experiences was also a nice touch. :sabogood:
Sanji ignoring Page One as the Dinosaur from the Flower Capital and calling Ulti the Cute girl while trusting Usopp to take him on.. :akaman:
Zoro might get along well with X-Drake considering how their nature are. Queen is pretty quick to pull out his plague bullets and his gatling gun. :beckmoji:
Luffy using FS is always a treat.
Most importantly Kaido showing his concerns and admiration to Jack is everything. The same Kaido who called Doffy a weakling praised Jack and admitted how strong the Dukes are. Jack did a lot of work though. Hope he gets back soon but I highly doubt he will be at his fullest upon his return.
Kinemon cutting off the Boro Breath was amazing but Kaido getting cut from the same flying slash...:sanmoji:
lul ur signature
"If you are Justice, please do not lie, what is the price for your blind eye..??"

Whos Who had nothing unsheathed. If Oda wanted to imply that he did something his sword would be unsheathed or at the very least hed be touching it.

Pretty sure Drake was on the ground crying and lookong around for hope. Then ran away like a bitch. He didnt seem fine to me.
He could've just held Drake still for Queen to slash him. Also, we've no clue if he îs skilled fighter without a sword.

Drake escaped them without a problem, Queen needs special bullets to catch Drake cause is too fat to keep up

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Great Chapter and had a lot going on. Zoro fulfilling his obligations as a First Mate was really good to see. Both Jimbie and Franky speaking out from their experiences was also a nice touch. :sabogood:
Sanji ignoring Page One as the Dinosaur from the Flower Capital and calling Ulti the Cute girl while trusting Usopp to take him on.. :akaman:
Zoro might get along well with X-Drake considering how their nature are. Queen is pretty quick to pull out his plague bullets and his gatling gun. :beckmoji:
Luffy using FS is always a treat.
Most importantly Kaido showing his concerns and admiration to Jack is everything. The same Kaido who called Doffy a weakling praised Jack and admitted how strong the Dukes are. Jack did a lot of work though. Hope he gets back soon but I highly doubt he will be at his fullest upon his return.
Kinemon cutting off the Boro Breath was amazing but Kaido getting cut from the same flying slash...:sanmoji:
Disobeying your captain is 1st mate duty now?:okay:

Cute

I could see the different strong points argument.

Zoro one-shotted Kaku. No reason he couldn’t high extreme diff Lucci.
Zoro was struggling in ALL of his clashes and losing many of them, against someone half the strength of Lucci, get real man.

Kaku over-extended himself with a sloppy move newly created and allowed himself to get tagged by a finisher.Lucci is faster and more lethal than Kaku, and won't give Zoro the opportunity to land Asura because it isn't goofy causing him to underestimate it like G3. Considering Asura is weaker than G3 it won't finish him even if it hits anyway.

Serious fights in the manga generally get finished by finisher attacks, if you count gattling as a single attack (which it is classified as) Lucci got "one shot" by that too, Zoro doesn't win fights by attrition, death by 1000 cuts, and Luffy has only really won the Katakuri fight through attrition, all of his other fights have involved finishers that knocked out his opponent with damage to spare so this concept of hyping Asura because it knocked out Kaku is very strange.

Lucci said he would kill the crew and Luffy, despite knowing the strength of his crew, believed him to be speaking the truth.

Zoro was struggling in ALL of his clashes and losing many of them, against someone half the strength of Lucci, get real man.

Kaku over-extended himself with a sloppy move newly created and allowed himself to get tagged by a finisher.Lucci is faster and more lethal than Kaku, and won't give Zoro the opportunity to land Asura because it isn't goofy causing him to underestimate it like G3. Considering Asura is weaker than G3 it won't finish him even if it hits anyway.

Serious fights in the manga generally get finished by finisher attacks, if you count gattling as a single attack (which it is classified as) Lucci got "one shot" by that too, Zoro doesn't win fights by attrition, death by 1000 cuts, and Luffy has only really won the Katakuri fight through attrition, all of his other fights have involved finishers that knocked out his opponent with damage to spare so this concept of hyping Asura because it knocked out Kaku is very strange.

Lucci said he would kill the crew and Luffy, despite knowing the strength of his crew, believed him to be speaking the truth.
This isn’t true most of Zoro’s clashes won at the moment only one clash comes to mind and he choose to deflect Kaku.

Besides this isn’t the place to discuss this.

Loved this chapter,we got everything in it( SHs,SNs,sulong Ino/Neko,cool bond between Kaido and Jack,Queen being gangsta).Only thing that I didn't like is Kaido being injured by Kinemon,didn't have problem with him cutting his fire attack.

Things that Oda needs to show us are SN crews(where are Law and his trio-still pissed that Jean Bart was left on the ship,Kid and his goons,Hawkins crew,X Drake crew,Apoo's crew),headliners(I want to see more of them,since I am not big fan of the Numbers) and BM pirates(don't when Oda will make them join the fray).

Last edited:
I'm just glad this chapter confirms Franky, Nami, and Usopp will have a 1-on-1 fight. Now, if Black Maria, Sasaki, Who's Who, and the stronger numbers can get their asses down to the banquet, hopefully, a 1-on-1 for Chopper, Robin, and Jinbei can be confirmed soon.

Also, with Drake aiming for Apoo, Zoro vs Queen before ZKK seems like a real possibility after this chapter (unless Zoro vs King before ZKK happens somehow). It does leave room for debate in regards to how Kid, Killer, Hawkins, and Law will participate as the battle grows to be more relevant.

Lastly, while Sanji vs King is now a real possibility, hasn't Sanji vs Jack now become a possibility, too? If Sanji arrives upstairs with Luffy, someone will have to deal with a weakened Jack if Luffy goes for Kaido. Of course, G4 Luffy can give Jack the Blueno treatment if we have Sanji vs King, but RS Sanji has a real possibility of winning against Jack right now, too.

I'm just glad this chapter confirms Franky, Nami, and Usopp will have a 1-on-1 fight. Now, if Black Maria, Sasaki, Who's Who, and the stronger numbers can get their asses down to the banquet, hopefully, a 1-on-1 for Chopper, Robin, and Jinbei can be confirmed soon.

Also, with Drake aiming for Apoo, Zoro vs Queen before ZKK seems like a real possibility after this chapter (unless Zoro vs King before ZKK happens somehow). It does leave room for debate in regards to how Kid, Killer, Hawkins, and Law will participate as the battle grows to be more relevant.

Lastly, while Sanji vs King is now a real possibility, hasn't Sanji vs Jack now become a possibility, too? If Sanji arrives upstairs with Luffy, someone will have to deal with a weakened Jack if Luffy goes for Kaido. Of course, G4 Luffy can give Jack the Blueno treatment if we have Sanji vs King, but RS Sanji has a real possibility of winning against Jack right now, too.
Honestly i would be dissapointed if sanji faces jack. He is already down, if he gets up that would undermine neko's and inu's efforts . Besides there are so many opponents, why would someone as strong as sanji just fight a really weakened version of someone at this point? That wouldnt do my boy justice:stealthblack:

Honestly i would be dissapointed if sanji faces jack. He is already down, if he gets up that would undermine neko's and inu's efforts . Besides there are so many opponents, why would someone as strong as sanji just fight a really weakened version of someone at this point? That wouldnt do my boy justice:stealthblack:
We haven't seen his hybrid form yet, so I doubt Jack is out for good. Besides, Jack will have had time to rest by the time Luffy and Sanji reach the top.

Again, this is just a possibility. Sanji staying down to duel King so Luffy goes up is probably still a real scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.