ONE PIECE CHAPTER 992: REMNANTS

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my bets on matchups so far:

- Nami/Usopp vs. Ulti/P1 (with the potential of Chopper switching with Usopp and Usopp fighting someone like Orochi or Kanjuro or something)
- Yamato vs. Black Maria (the way the scene plays out, it almost seems like she's running towards her)
- Franky vs. Sasaki
- Carrot/Wanda vs. Perospero
- Marco vs. Big Mom (until the BMP arrive, then things will get a bit more chaotic)
- Killer vs. Who's Who
- Robin vs. Fukurokuju
- Brook vs. Hotei
- Jinbe vs. Jack
- Zoro/Sanji vs. King/Queen
- Luffy, Kid, Law, and Drake vs. Kaido (after the Scabbards lose). Potentially Kid and Law's subordinates have their moments too against fodder.

I will make a (small) argument for Zoro vs. Queen however. The way Oda set up Zoro and Killer, it almost feels like they will pair up or have their moment in the future. If Killer does end up fighting Who's Who, Queen and Who's Who are now known to sort of known as a duo considering what they did to Drake. I could totally see Zoro and Killer fighting Queen and Who's Who in a semi tagteam matchup.

IF the BMP actually join in these battles however, then all bets are off and I have no idea what the matchups are going to be, because right there you add in Smoothie, Campote, Daifuku, Snack, Amande and quite a few other potentially dangerous pirates into the mix. By that point, we'd need further allies to come in and join the battles. Hopefully this would leave the potential for the former Whitebeard pirates to come in and fight too. To have Joz, Vista, and the other commanders have some big moments this arc in dealing with the BM pirates would be fantastic.

Hopefully Marco reached out to them/sent them all a message.
I don't know about Hotei, dude feels kinda random for now. idk if Brook fighting him would feel hype. At least Fukurokuju was stated to be Raizo biggest rival, who got some nice ninjutsu feats this chapter so I could see a match up with a straw hat being interesting.

I don't think Oda is that bad, imo he off-screened the previous Wano fights because he has plan for the characters to have a role later/keep some of their abilities hidden. Like Jack clearly isn't out for good, and the dukes get their moments against Kaido. And Kanjuro certaintly not dead. I could see the fight being off screned if Carrot/Wanda fail but if Peros get defeated there then it will be show.
This. I think a lot of people will come to realize, that the only times Oda usually offscreens content is because:

- The fight is normally unimportant or serves nothing for the story (i.e. leads to nothing in the end; Page 1 vs. Sanji is a good example)
- The fight is not meant to show off said characters abilities because they will have the opportunity to do so later (i.e. Kiku vs. Kanjuro possibly and the mink kings vs. Jack; the latter being proven because we got multiple attacks from Neko and Inu this chapter since he was saving their skills for Kaido)
- He tries to up the pacing to get to the moments that do in fact count. For example, Apoo fighting everyone was important because we barely had time to really understand or know Apoo's powers. We also needed to know more about what Apoo did to Kid/Hawkins. We've been getting these moments as such.

Yes, Oda definitely has a problem when focusing on gags and Luffy fodder training, but I do think his offscreened fights are purposefully strategic in that he will show these characters off later via other events. This is especially apparent with much bigger characters like Sabo/Fuji/Ryokugyu, Marco/Blackbeard, Akainu/Aokiji, etc. We KNOW we are going to get moments with these characters int he future. In fact, Marco's turn is actually up, its time for us to see his prowess full stop.

I don't know about Hotei, dude feels kinda random for now. idk if Brook fighting him would feel hype. At least Fukurokuju was stated to be Raizo biggest rival, who got some nice ninjutsu feats this chapter so I could see a match up with a straw hat being interesting.
I do bring up Hotei because he technically is portrayed as Fukurokuju's equal. Both he and Fuku control 5000 man armies each of Samurai and Ninja respectively. They are technically Orochi's top 2 henchmen behind Kanjuro it seems.

I just think Robin and Brook could potentially fit will with fighting them in the future, but its all conjecture at the moment.

Definitely starting to think the BMP and the former WB pirates will join the war. The chapter is titled "Remnants", which seemingly focuses solely on Marco's comment about the WB Remnants and their will to do what they want.

Marco and Izo are probably not the only one's involved in this matter, and I am starting to think they will show up once the BMP finally show up themselves. We will need to offset the number of antagonists to protagonists, and this will definitely help. Not to mention, I do think that mystery person talking to Crocus will show up eventually too, just don't know when.

I do bring up Hotei because he technically is portrayed as Fukurokuju's equal. Both he and Fuku control 5000 man armies each of Samurai and Ninja respectively. They are technically Orochi's top 2 henchmen behind Kanjuro it seems.

I just think Robin and Brook could potentially fit will with fighting them in the future, but its all conjecture at the moment.
Oda will likely find a way to hype Hotei if he means to be taken as a serious antagonist anyway. Like Fukurokuju and Raizou was compared directly to him and this chapter shows that Raizo is not joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.