Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it will definitely happen but if Kaido is able to turn back into a fish, your analogy will fail badly. I have a feeling that this will indeed be the case or at least we'll see the fish features through the hybrid because if not, I don't see any point of giving him a fish-fish fruit then. Oda could've given him a mythological dragon fruit directly and that wouldn't change anything. Him being a fish has to come into play somehow in the near future.
Perhaps to show how powerful Kaido is. Luffy ate gum gum, a silly fruit, and became a powerhouse.

Kaido ate the fish fish and became an invincible dragon. With determination, you can make lemons into lemonabe and fish into dragons just don't oppress countries while you're at it because that's not cool

I know there are two different words.

Do you want me to bring the Wikipedia articles?

I also know in conversation, No one has ever called Dinosaurs dragons. Whenever any characters look at dinosaurs they say "Kyuryu", which directly translates to dinosaur not dragon

So Oda chose to name the dinosaur fruits after something they aren't. And Oda knows they aren't because when people look at the punk hazard dragon, they say dragon, "ryu". Not dinosaur.
Compound of (kyō, “fearful”) +‎ (ryū, “dragon”), a partial calque of New Latin Dinosaurus
Japan doesn't have specific kanji for dinosaurs
Check mate

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I know there are two different words.

Do you want me to bring the Wikipedia articles?

I also know in conversation, No one has ever called Dinosaurs dragons. Whenever any characters look at dinosaurs they say "Kyuryu", which directly translates to dinosaur not dragon

So Oda chose to name the dinosaur fruits after something they aren't. And Oda knows they aren't because when people look at the punk hazard dragon, they say dragon, "ryu". Not dinosaur.
So let me ask you this;

Why would Oda make a dragon category for zoans and then make a mythical dragon fruit but not put it in the dragon category? It’s super contrived to state otherwise. If Kaido was a dragon, he wouldn’t be in the fish category of zoans.

They share same kanji in japan and Oda choose that
We cannot compare fantasy creature with once real creature
dragons are not fantasy creatures in one piece.

During Ryuma's time, dragons just existed. Plain and simple. And vegapunk is trying to recreate them. They are extinct creatures.

In one piece, dragons are technically more ancient than dinosaurs since they went extinct while little garden has dinosaurs

Yes but if Kaido was a dragon, why wouldn’t he be a mythical dragon fruit user?
Because, as I explained, the Ryu Ryu family probably isn't meant to directly mean "Dragon Dragon family" but "Saurian Saurian family that happens to use the ryu particle in Japanese since it's a common denominator". An hypothetical example to explain this better: "hippopotamus" literally means "river horse", so imagine that we're reading Two Piece and the Hippo Hippo family is introduced, made of all kind of hippopotamus models. So we theorize and assume that horses will belong to it too because "hippo" means horse and then appears the Uma Uma: model horse. And we're like "How is that possible? Doesn't "hippo" mean literally horse? Then why isn't the actual horse part of that family?", while ignoring that the Hippo Hippo family would take its name not of its literal meaning but as a particle in "hippopotamus", just like "ryu" is a particle in dinosaur, pterosaur, lizard..., among others but that doesn't make them real dragons.

Want a more recent example? Imagine we have the Ushi Ushi fruit (Cow Cow) and the Hitsu Hitsu fruit (Sheep Sheep). The user of the muskox power appears, we assume it will belong to the Ushi Ushi family (because it's an ox by name) yet is included in the Hitsu Hitsu because that animal is actually a goat and not a bull.

I assume that's the train of thought Oda followed. Eastern dragons have more to do with fishes and water animales in general than with reptiles in many ways, but since they look saurian and they're associated to their Western cousin people assume they must be more related to a dinosaur than a fish but this isn't necessarily the case.

Last edited:
Compound of (kyō, “fearful”) +‎ (ryū, “dragon”), a partial calque of New Latin Dinosaurus
Japan doesn't have specific kanji for dinosaurs
Check mate
I didn't say there's one kanji for dinosaur. I said there's a specific word for dinosaur which Oda could've used at any time if he wanted to. In fact he does use it. Whenever drake is described as as dinosaur he writes the word for dinosaur. And when talking about the punk hard dragon he writes the word for dragon

dragons are not fantasy creatures in one piece.

During Ryuma's time, dragons just existed. Plain and simple. And vegapunk is trying to recreate them. They are extinct creatures.

In one piece, dragons are technically more ancient than dinosaurs since they went extinct while little garden has dinosaurs
Why did you bring that up?
One piece world is not real but is base on Oda imagination
His primary source is real world

Status
Not open for further replies.