Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atleast my opinion is closer to the authors intention in the matter of context than yours....
Lol whatever you say man I’m not interested in what or who’s opinion is closer to the authors I’m trying to understand why oda would chose to write whitebeard in the way he has based on the context of his characterization and wano so far.

Marines: Capture Ace and plan to execute him
Whitebeard: Doesn’t fear their strength and goes to war with them over protecting his son

Beast Pirates: Kill the only man WB called brother
Whitebeard: Too scared to retaliate against Kaido.

Beast Pirates >>> Mehrines

theres no defending WB this week

only hope is that the spoilers are fake or a mistranslation
I pray that this is a mistranslation otherwise this would be hands down the most disappointing moment of the entire series.

I swear to God that Oda possesses some sadistic glee at the prospect of assassinating the character integrity of the Yonko. Linlin, Kaido and now Whitebeard have all had their initial respectable character traits gutted for the sake of plot or wanking shit characters (feck you Oden).

Linlin went from a dual edged sword of ruthless cunning and berserk rage, to a blunt knife with a temper tantrum.

Kaido went from a 1v1 doom seeker who yields to no one, to a cheap shotting bitch with a plastic spine who is forever suffering from Post Traumatic Samurai Disorder.

Now, Whitebeard has gone from a man of iron clad principles who was consistently stated and portrayed to be willing to move heaven and earth to protect and avenge his adopted family (note to sassenachs in this thread, the Thatch incident was meant to be an exception to highlight how serious a threat Blackbeard was, not the bloody norm for how Whitebeard deals with shit), to a bloke who only avenges or protects family whenever it is convenient for him.

I fear what Oda is going to do with Shanks and Teach.

A

admiralfanboy69420

Whitebeard deciding not to go to Wano to avenge Oden is terrible writing actually. It completely contradicts who WB is as a character. It's Oda attempting to fill a plot hole that was created in the Oden flashback and actually making things when worse and hurting Whitebeard's development in Marineford. Oda is writing One Piece for 10 year old boys so he knows that they won't notice or care.

Oda did Whitebeard dirty... Maybe Roger told him the exact year his son might find the OP , the Wano connection to it and that's why he knew it was too early for them to go there. But now he look like the fact he heard Kaido killed someone as strong as Oden made him fear for his life :myman:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I´m not WB.
I am saying this behavior is consistent with WB´s characterization and the events of the past.
Whatever i feel personally about it is something else entirely.

At the same time, i have mentioned this before, it might sound like a silly excuse to some, but WB was someone who considered his role in the world, meaning hm doing something that creates chaos in the New World would have ended in far more deaths than the suffering of Wa No citizens.
He held the reins of the New World and ensured peace for two decades, two Yonkou going at it, evne if he wins, has big repercussions.
That´s also why Marineford was so big, WG was risking chaos in the New World, WB put Ace´s life above that.
Is it ok? I do not think so.
I don’t think this is consistent with his character whatsoever; the main selling point for WB, from the first chapter he was in, has always been his unyielding dedication to those he considers family. I also don’t accept the assertion that fighting Kaido would have led to more unnecessary deaths than, say, letting him and Orochi run an entire nation into the ground and imprisoning anyone who may fight back. We’re not talking about Luffy taking on a Yonko by himself, this is the entirety of the World’s Strongest Man’s forces collectively opting not to try and save a country full of people because KaIdO tOo StRoNk :kaidowhat:

Lol whatever you say man I’m not interested in what or who’s opinion is closer to the authors I’m trying to understand why oda would chose to write whitebeard in the way he has based on the context of his characterization and wano so far.
This is where consistency comes into play

I´m not WB.
I am saying this behavior is consistent with WB´s characterization and the events of the past.
Whatever i feel personally about it is something else entirely.

At the same time, i have mentioned this before, it might sound like a silly excuse to some, but WB was someone who considered his role in the world, meaning hm doing something that creates chaos in the New World would have ended in far more deaths than the suffering of Wa No citizens.
He held the reins of the New World and ensured peace for two decades, two Yonkou going at it, evne if he wins, has big repercussions.
That´s also why Marineford was so big, WG was risking chaos in the New World, WB put Ace´s life above that.
Is it ok? I do not think so.
@ShinmenTakezo has put up in a nice way regarding this....hope this helps for your "understanding"

Status
Not open for further replies.