Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
Eh. Queen ate that shit and then laughed at him. Soon as his first 20 attacks with ifrit had landed. Wasn't even a moment of hesitation. Queen was up and laughing without a mark on him.

I'm really annoyed by the lack of lightning.

I'm annoyed that queen got launched a quarter the distance and height that the manga showed.

I'm annoyed Queen was eating ifrit attacks like it was nothing and then laughing at him.

I'm annoyed they changed the speed feat scene completely and made it look horrendous

There's numerous inaccuracies when comparing with the manga. Sanji looks significantly weaker than he was portrayed in the manga.

Sanji destroyed Queen in the manga. The anime made it look high diff as fuck and downplayed every single one of his feats

His speed looked fast relative to Queen and wasn't portrayed as a blitz on someone in the middle of a blitz.

His fire didn't have lightning. Downplaying the Temps.

The blast radius from beef burst didn't blow out the side of the skull covering enough area to be a small moutain

That radius easily covers almost half the horn and easily swallows up a moutain or two

The animation was nice. But sanji was downplayed. Simple as that
Everytime I look at this I get pissed
Post automatically merged:

Stop celebrating this trash. The animation was pretty but they fucked up the entire chapter

Honestly, the filler scene was the best thing of the episode ngl.

Everytime I look at this I get pissed

Stop celebrating this trash. The animation was pretty but they fucked up the entire chapter
Outside of animation and the flashback, the rest was lackluster (the worst part being how they handled the power up). Yet here we have guys acting like he one shotted a Yonko in this episode lol. But tbh, even in the manga I felt that IJambe was mad lackluster yet Sanji's fans overreacted yet again

I just watched the fight. Not that special or hype tbh. It was okayish. The animation was good level but not godlike. Also boof burst in manga >> anime

Eh. Queen ate that shit and then laughed at him. Soon as his first 20 attacks with ifrit had landed. Wasn't even a moment of hesitation. Queen was up and laughing without a mark on him.

I'm really annoyed by the lack of lightning.

I'm annoyed that queen got launched a quarter the distance and height that the manga showed.

I'm annoyed Queen was eating ifrit attacks like it was nothing and then laughing at him.

I'm annoyed they changed the speed feat scene completely and made it look horrendous

There's numerous inaccuracies when comparing with the manga. Sanji looks significantly weaker than he was portrayed in the manga.

Sanji destroyed Queen in the manga. The anime made it look high diff as fuck and downplayed every single one of his feats

His speed looked fast relative to Queen and wasn't portrayed as a blitz on someone in the middle of a blitz.

His fire didn't have lightning. Downplaying the Temps.

The blast radius from beef burst didn't blow out the side of the skull covering enough area to be a small moutain

That radius easily covers almost half the horn and easily swallows up a moutain or two

The animation was nice. But sanji was downplayed. Simple as that
Yeah lol. The speed feat and the impact for beef burst is much better in manga. Toei are garbage for real. They still can't animate Thunder bagua for example like a blitz attack and draw it like a normal swing attack

Honestly, the filler scene was the best thing of the episode ngl.

Outside of animation and the flashback, the rest was lackluster (the worst part being how they handled the power up). Yet here we have guys acting like he one shotted a Yonko in this episode lol. But tbh, even in the manga I felt that IJambe was mad lackluster yet Sanji's fans overreacted yet again
I felt beef burst was lack luster until the next chapter when I saw queen flying a several miles up and beyond onigashima

He has a point though, they could have portrayed Queen breathing heavy, bleeding profusely with the dialogue, Queen seemingly shrugged off those IJ hits the same way he did DJ and then started chatting shit. In reality he should have been worried for his life there after feeling those attacks (akin to Jyabura after taking on DJ).

In the manga it was very different, each attack looked like it was tormenting him. They definitely could have done better there.
I like the idea that Queen gets up, praises Sanji's power, but also torments him one last time with the fact that this great power could easily lead him down a dark path.

Its a good moment for the villain to get in his final rhetorical argument before getting rejected by the hero(in this case Sanji).

Besides, the actual final finisher came directly after this, so I don't really see the problem.

It just flows better to have Queen still be menacing as he torments Sanji about his future as opposed to half dead. Also, Queen being scared or upset doesn't really work thematically. The entire fight has been about Queen wanting to see the power of Germa. Queen getting a taste of that power and being excited makes him a more compelling antagonist for Sanji to overcome in the story.

And its not likke the beat down wasn't portrayed as doing damage. Each kick from Ifrit Janbe was sending blood flying everywhere, and Sanji was in complete control of the situation despite Queen's attempts to fight back, taking the upper hand completely for the first real time in the fight.

Also, in the manga, the ifrit janbe combo was just not good. It was literally all cramped into tiny panels where you could barely make out what was happening.

Giving some breathing room to expand on the storytelling of the fight was definitely a much better decision.

Also, the writers added a few lines which I'm amazed Oda didn't pick up on.

Like, come on, Sanji was fighting a dinosaur who hit a woman, and he didn't say "thats been the way things have been since the age of the dinosaurs"?

I'm so glad the anime added that line.

I like the idea that Queen gets up, praises Sanji's power, but also torments him one last time with the fact that this great power could easily lead him down a dark path.

Its a good moment for the villain to get in his final rhetorical argument before getting rejected by the hero(in this case Sanji).

Besides, the actual final finisher came directly after this, so I don't really see the problem.

It just flows better to have Queen still be menacing as he torments Sanji about his future as opposed to half dead. Also, Queen being scared or upset doesn't really work thematically. The entire fight has been about Queen wanting to see the power of Germa. Queen getting a taste of that power and being excited makes him a more compelling antagonist for Sanji to overcome in the story.

And its not likke the beat down wasn't portrayed as doing damage. Each kick from Ifrit Janbe was sending blood flying everywhere, and Sanji was in complete control of the situation despite Queen's attempts to fight back, taking the upper hand completely for the first real time in the fight.

Also, in the manga, the ifrit janbe combo was just not good. It was literally all cramped into tiny panels where you could barely make out what was happening.

Giving some breathing room to expand on the storytelling of the fight was definitely a much better decision.
Because queens already spit his rhetoric 50 times throughput the fight already. We don't need it again. It discredits breaking the rs moment and queens vinsmoke powers being overcome by bringing that bs up again.

The point of ifrit jambe was to showcase he was on a new level and queen ate his attacks and laughed at him. Without a single scratch.

Such downplay of sanjis power. Then next attack launches queen sure. But it more looks like sanji won through kicking him far away and not a knock out. I'd expect queen to come back next chapter if I was anime only.

Not to mention the impact of the attack was Abysmal and the end result of ifrit jambe was an explosion. So big it was the size of a moutain

But in the anime it doesn't even travel down the hall

Then when you look at how far queen flew

Then you look at the anime and only wonder what the fuck they were thinking

Downplaying sanjis speed by having queen react to ifrit

This goes beyond powerscaling, the power up lacks the juice it needs to separate itself from DJ. It makes the progression in the fight non existent, and look like bad writing. Queen treated IJ no different from DJ, and then magically got KOd.

The ending felt anticlimactic because the anime never made it feel like the new mode was all that effective against Queen any more so than DJ, and then he loses out of nowhere. It legit feels like an entire chunk of the fight was skipped (when it wasn't).

We went from Queen laughing off IJ, to being sent to the moon by the same power up. Didn't feel like a natural progression and conclusion. It simply doesn't flow well.

The anime team definitely botched that bit.
Yeah this is cap.

The anime intentionally highlighted how much of an advantage IJ gave him over Queen.

Throughout the episode, Sanji had been struggling to match up to Queen. But finally, with IJ, he took the fight into his own hands and completely and easily dominated Queen.

I don't see how thats "no different from diable janbe".

He never laughed off or dismised IJ. In fact, he praised how powerful it was, and even said that this is indeed the power he'd been wanting to see, a major change in attitude from the rest of the fight.

Yeah this is cap.

The anime intentionally highlighted how much of an advantage IJ gave him over Queen.

Throughout the episode, Sanji had been struggling to match up to Queen. But finally, with IJ, he took the fight into his own hands and completely and easily dominated Queen.

I don't see how thats "no different from diable janbe".

He never laughed off or dismised IJ. In fact, he praised how powerful it was, and even said that this is indeed the power he'd been wanting to see, a major change in attitude from the rest of the fight.
It's not cap. It's accurate clown. Quit defending garbage

In the manga and anime sanji was raw dogging until his mind started to get cloudy