• 2/5

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
You missed the point.
King blocking just one attack in his defence mode can't lead you to conclude anything.
Bro, you can't count.

He blocked and dodged three attacks before Zoro made that comment, which is more than enough to make that conclusion. The fact he was also getting visibly pressed speaks to him getting a bit more desperate as well.
But him blocking like 50 back to back attacks? Yeah, now you'd start thinking "why is this guys blocking??"

Details matter. Oda writes them for a reason.

I am not saying what anime did there in terms of animation was bad. What I am saying is that what anime did was INSUFFICIENT. They could've done that and more.
Bro, he didn't draw shit in the manga. He just drew generic "clashing" panel and called it a day. Its the weakest part of the chapter.

And again, they'd already had a big back and forth, and King was dodging or blocking several clashes before Zoro came to that conclusion.

My complain is with the LAST/MAIN dragon being cut. They literally didn't animate this part. They SKIPPED it, and instead showed us a "flash" where we have to ASSUME what happened.
They didn't skip it at all.

It was there, it just wasn't the main final clash of the fight like it was in the manga.

They changed it so that King and Zoro actually clashing blades was the finale of the battle. Zoro still cut the giant dragon, they just changed it so that cutting the dragon wasn't the end of the fight.

That final King attack tho, I have my doubts about Toei pulling Flaming Bagua as nearly as impressive as this lmao
Post automatically merged:

He blocked it with the sword in his mouth tho in the manga. I don't think using the other 2 is that huge a change considering him blocking it with only his mouth is even more insane.
You can literally see Zoro's blood lol

They nerfed ACoC Zoro a bit because the fight was prolonged and the fight itself was too much Dragonball Z style, but the overall episode was lit, gorgeous animations and choreography.
I think Toei even made better the final clash between Zoro and King because in the manga was just a reference to Ryuma cutting the dragon's head, with Zoro cutting King's magma dragon, while in the episode it was a real sword Clash between 2 swordmen.
5 stars.

Oh my godness what an epiosde was smiling ear to ear from first second to the last. This has to be the best animated Zoro fight in the entire series and loved the vip treatment King received this chapter the anime was far superior o what we got in the manga. The flashback was beautiful i'm sure the Kaido bros also enjoyed it a lot. The last imperial flaming wings from King was breath taking i couldn't believe my eyes how amazing it looked. I can only thank Toei for this epiosde they absolutely delivered 10/10 for me no complaint about it at all
Post automatically merged:

@mly90 @PortgasDMor :queenhear: Thoughts on the episode?
Couldn't be more satisfied about it Toei surpassed my wildest expectations how well treated my boy King:perocry:

Last edited:
Pretty good episode.

For some reason the last clash suddenly became a galaxy impact but letting that aside, Toei decided to make some changes that ended up much better than the manga.

I didn't like or I should say understand at the beginning some parts, i was like 'the fuck are these lasers' when Zoro uses En'ou santouryu for the first time but welp, Toei things. Another thing i should say i didn't like too much is Zoro's current condition. In the manga you can see that he is tired and hurt and when he comes back he just collapses but in the anime he looks like he can go for another round lmao.

But I guess Toei will use 'the medicine effects have stopped' card and Zoro will collapse.

The action in this episode was amazing. Is it the best action episode in One Piece? Most likely. To be honest is not a really difficult task to do that, One Piece's anime battles until Wano has always been meh the only important thing in these battles were what they represented storywise not the action itself. People talk about Luffy vs Katakuri but even that wasn't that amazing, it's just that one piece fans have been eating shit for near 25 years so when we got something good some people were calling it amazing, but no, it was just good/great.

Is it the best battle episode so far in Wano? I think so. I don't remember much about the rooftop battle animations and i'm half sleep so i could be wrong, but I think that it's the best battle episode in one piece so far.

If the max score was a 10 i would give it a 9/10 but since the rate is until 5 i'll give it a 5.

In the end this episode proves zoro never had Ad CoC to begin with. His normal CoC was so fodder that those fodders regained their conscious in mere seconds right after. Also we saw how king's flames failed to burn fodders both in manga and anime. King is no where near the likes of katakuri. Also zoro in KOH mode had an extreme diff battle both in anime and manga. TOEI put zorotards right back to their places :myman:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
In the end this episode proves zoro never had Ad CoC to begin with. His normal CoC was so fodder that those fodders regained their conscious in mere seconds right after. Also we saw how king's flames failed to burn fodders both in manga and anime. King is no where near the likes of katakuri. Also zoro in KOH mode had an extreme diff battle both in anime and manga. TOEI put zorotards right back to their places :myman:
Lmfao. Try again without the tears