One Piece Episode 954 - Its Name is Enma! Oden's Great Swords!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • 4/5

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • 3/5

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I didn’t like Zoro’s reaction here, they make him look like a bloodthirsty killer who only cares about powerful swords. That’s uncharacteristic of him and not consistent with his reaction in the manga version, which is pretty much the opposite of that. It’s more like "whatever, as long as I have another sword in exchange". That’s how Zoro really is. He doesn’t care about how powerful Enma is, he accepts Hiyori’s offer only because he knows how much Wano people care about Shusui.
No he doesnt. He knew about wanos relationship with shusui since kinemon told him way back when. It took hiyori offering a replacement for him to let it go. Not anything to do with wanos feelings toward it.

No he doesnt. He knew about wanos relationship with shusui since kinemon told him way back when. It took hiyori offering a replacement for him to let it go. Not anything to do with wanos feelings toward it.
Of course he wasn’t gonna give up on one of his swords without a replacement lol. He still accepted the offer out of sympathy for Wano people, otherwise he wouldn’t have because he’s the kind of guy who cares about his swords.

HA001

Of course he wasn’t gonna give up on one of his swords without a replacement lol. He still accepted the offer out of sympathy for Wano people, otherwise he wouldn’t have because he’s the kind of guy who cares about his swords.
No he didnt. He let it go because he got a replacement. Thats it. At no point doesn he care about wano citizens feelings

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
This episode was beautiful. Kawamatsu and Onimaru's long term loyalty on full display. I enjoyed toying with fresher aspect ratios and introduction motifs. It makes things less mundane with almost 1000 episodes. Zoro being thirsty for Enma was hype, and it looks like Toei can't wait to get to Oden greatness soon. Overall, great period drama-esque episode.

HA001

Isn’t Zoro supposed to be your fav ? I feel like you don’t understand his character as much as you should, honestly.
Stop talking shit. The only one who cant read is you.
People told Zoro how important shusui was to wano since kinemon on the sunny. He didnt give a shit. He said it was his sword.
He only let it go when hiyori offered enma thats it.

Stop talking shit. The only one who cant read is you.
People told Zoro how important shusui was to wano since kinemon on the sunny. He didnt give a shit. He said it was his sword.
He only let it go when hiyori offered enma thats it.
I didn’t say you can’t read, I would never say such a disrespectful thing.

Don’t expect Zoro to say out loud he cares about Wano people’s feelings. He’s a proud and introvert guy who doesn’t like to express compassion or affection explicitly, so of course he wasn’t gonna give any other reason than his need to have another sword as a replacement for Shusui to justify why he accepts the offer.

But one of the reasons all this build up with Zoro and his relationship with Wano people starting back at PH was made is to help Zoro understand how much Ryuma and Shusui mean to them, which led to him being way more open minded about the idea of giving up Shusui.

Last edited:
Lmao saw right through him there especially coming from people who aren't even fan of the character.
Do you actually know I don’t like Zoro or you just assume so because you think my post is in conflict with your expectations as a Zoro fan ? Zoro’s reaction about getting Enma has absolutely no bearing on future events, whether he kills Kaido or not. If you feel like I have an anti Zoro agenda, it only means you’re either too insecure about ZKK or thinking so much about it that you can’t see straight and every post that doesn’t support your view is automatically an anti Zoro post in your eyes. Which is not a reasonable way of thinking.

Zoro behaving like that in this episode is an anime only thing, it’s not how Oda portrayed the character in this scene. That’s factual. I don’t think Oda is an anti-Zoro, is he ?

HA001

I didn’t say you can’t read, I would never say such a disrespectful thing.

Don’t expect Zoro to say out loud he cares about Wano people’s feelings. He’s a pride and introvert guy who doesn’t like to express compassion or affection explicitly, so of course he wasn’t gonna give any other reason than his need to have another sword as a replacement for Shusui to justify why he accepts the offer.

But one of the reasons all this build up with Zoro and his relationship with Wano people starting back at PH was made is to help Zoro understand how much Ryuma and Shusui mean to them, which led to him being way more open minded about the idea of giving up Shusui.
seriously i dont get what part of this you are struggling with

zoro didnt give a shit about what it meant to wano it was his
HE ONLY LET IT GO WHEN HIYORI OFFERED A REPLACEMENT
Stop talking utter garbage about what you want the character to be.

Can you please chill ? It’s just a manga, man.

Like I said, his fighting style is literally the three swords style so of course he wasn’t gonna let go off Shusui without a replacement, much less at the request of agressive people trying to take it by force or kill him to get it.

But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about what this sword means to Wano people. You make Zoro look like a guy who doesn’t give a shit about his swords and only sees them as tools, which isn’t true.

No, he's right. They're trying to turn Zoro into a Vegeta, when he's anything but. Look at Zoro's reaction in the manga. He was pretty "meh"/nonchalant about getting Enma as long as he got a suitable replacement for Shusui.

I hate when animators turn OP into DBZ. Turning every clash in OP into a Kamehameha clash.
No we didn't see his reaction after Hiyori sayed it we saw his reaction next chapter when hiyori explain it so this scene isnt a issue we know zoro got a lot of bloodthirsty moments anyway

No, he's right. They're trying to turn Zoro into a Vegeta, when he's anything but. Look at Zoro's reaction in the manga. He was pretty "meh"/nonchalant about getting Enma as long as he got a suitable replacement for Shusui.

I hate when animators turn OP into DBZ. Turning every clash in OP into a Kamehameha clash.
Yes, pretty much. And pointing out this flaw is apparently going against ZKK, which is an extremely nonsensical accusation but whatever. Now everything has to be about power levels or being badass, as if consistency in regard to characters' psychology and behavior was meaningless as long as your fav is being badass. Badass, good. Not badass, bad. You not like badass, you hater. That's how low we've fallen because of Oda making fans extremely thirsty for great feats, which is perfectly understandable. Hopefully Oda will deliver in this war so people can have healthier discussions without being insecure and paranoid.

Bruh i clearly saying we didnt his face at the end of the next chapter lol :kaidowhat:
Are you saying he got all excited and reacted like in the anime off panel, then said "whatever" and acted nonchalant about getting Enma two pages later ? Zoro doesn't have bipolar disorder.

Last edited:
How?
-Page One never went into his hybrid form and stayed in his useless full zoan
-Ulti headbutted Luffy who only was defending himself with no force
-Ulti only got tossed by Luffy while Luffy used G3 on P1's jaw
Interesting they put page one there...... but it would make sense considering On Paper Page One should be one of the strongest with that Spinosarus fruit. Plus Oda's literally been hiding Page One's abilities. often keeping page one in full zoan mode, plus Page One has yet to use an actual named attack.
what nonsense yall talking about?
remember Sanji vs Page One? thats his hybrid form for yall