One Piece Episode 954 - Its Name is Enma! Oden's Great Swords!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • 4/5

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • 3/5

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
no name or named Sanji still bully him tho
I wouldn't talk too much shit about Page One if I were you, Sanji vs Page One did not conclude and was really just a clash....... A scenario in which Usopp and Nami aren't strong enough to take on both Page one and Ulti and needing to be saved by Sanji is still very possible given the current events of the story. That's also an Enies Lobby call back. Just know Thats a direction Oda could take.

That’s how Zoro really is. He doesn’t care about how powerful Enma is,
Actually, he does actually have a similar reaction.

But that's only when he actually gets his hands on Enma.
Post automatically merged:

No, he's right. They're trying to turn Zoro into a Vegeta, when he's anything but. Look at Zoro's reaction in the manga. He was pretty "meh"/nonchalant about getting Enma as long as he got a suitable replacement for Shusui.

I hate when animators turn OP into DBZ. Turning every clash in OP into a Kamehameha clash.
What are you even talking about?

Vegeta's entire thing is about surpassing Goku, not some general excitement around words or getting stronger. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything comparable to what Zoro did in this latest episode in DBZ or DBS since Vegeta links it back to Goku somehow, while Zoro just wants to get stronger, and even though his aim is to surpass Mihawk, he does not think about or mention Mihawk all that much. Toei would be trying to turn Zoro into Vegeta if they kept on making him mention Mihawk, but that's not the case.

A general excitement around getting stronger, a general interest in strong swords, and stuff like that, has always been a Zoro thing. I think its just been a while since we've actually seen Zoro get excited over something, so I think that's what can make it a little jarring. Zoro loves fighting strong opponents who can test him, and he loves testing his strength.

Last edited:
No blame Oda or Zoro,here the only culprit is toei.
In the manga when hiyori asked him to give back shusui for enma he somehow understood the situation,he agreed with the condition to visit Ryuma's grave later.
In the manga they showed us a Thoughtful Zoro when Hiyori talked about enma, but instead of doing the same toei showed us a psycho Zoro that was unnecessary and the worst thing is that some OP fans only watch the anime what they're going to think?
As a Zorofan that pissed me off and i start to think whether to continue watching the anime or not

In the manga when hiyori asked him to give back shusui for enma he somehow understood the situation,he agreed with the condition to visit Ryuma's grave later.
In the manga they showed us a Thoughtful Zoro when Hiyori talked about enma, but instead of doing the same toei showed us a psycho Zoro that was unnecessary and the worst thing is that some OP fans only watch the anime what they're going to think?
As a Zorofan that pissed me off and i start to think whether to continue watching the anime or not
I don't really get this sentiment personally.

We didn't see Zoro's response to learning that Enma cut Kaido. Also, I'm not sure if its just me, but Zoro actually getting excited over something is nice. Since post time skip, Zoro has been incredibly subdued, while Pre-time skip, he did enjoy putting himself up against strong opponents, and relished in the challenge of gaining new skills and the such. Like, he was called a blood thirsty monster on several occasions for a reason. I think the most 'beast mode' that Zoro has gone in terms of relishing cutting down an opponent post time skip was against freaking Monet, and he did that partially just to scare her.

Like, I don't really get how Zoro having an actually fun response to learning something ruins his character when Zoro being a bit psycho was a big part of what made him a lot of fun to watch fight pre-time skip.

I don't really get this sentiment personally.

We didn't see Zoro's response to learning that Enma cut Kaido. Also, I'm not sure if its just me, but Zoro actually getting excited over something is nice. Since post time skip, Zoro has been incredibly subdued, while Pre-time skip, he did enjoy putting himself up against strong opponents, and relished in the challenge of gaining new skills and the such. Like, he was called a blood thirsty monster on several occasions for a reason. I think the most 'beast mode' that Zoro has gone in terms of relishing cutting down an opponent post time skip was against freaking Monet, and he did that partially just to scare her.

Like, I don't really get how Zoro having an actually fun response to learning something ruins his character when Zoro being a bit psycho was a big part of what made him a lot of fun to watch fight pre-time skip.
I'm not saying it's bad to get excited but I didn't like the forms.when zoro gets excited he smiles but Toei has exaggerated it too much he looked like a villain

Nah just drop the anime right here and never come back always remember toei dont need ya bruh if a face scene piss you off this much smh

Actually, he does actually have a similar reaction.

But that's only when he actually gets his hands on Enma.
Post automatically merged:

What are you even talking about?

Vegeta's entire thing is about surpassing Goku, not some general excitement around words or getting stronger. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything comparable to what Zoro did in this latest episode in DBZ or DBS since Vegeta links it back to Goku somehow, while Zoro just wants to get stronger, and even though his aim is to surpass Mihawk, he does not think about or mention Mihawk all that much. Toei would be trying to turn Zoro into Vegeta if they kept on making him mention Mihawk, but that's not the case.

A general excitement around getting stronger, a general interest in strong swords, and stuff like that, has always been a Zoro thing. I think its just been a while since we've actually seen Zoro get excited over something, so I think that's what can make it a little jarring. Zoro loves fighting strong opponents who can test him, and he loves testing his strength.
Vegeta's entire thing is beating the main bad guy, which Goku ultimately always does. That's what I'm "even talking about".

I'm not saying it's bad to get excited but I didn't like the forms.when zoro gets excited he smiles but Toei has exaggerated it too much he looked like a villain
Um, that's just because Zoro has a scary face. Like, its literally a running gag that people point out that Zoro doesn't have the kind of face you'd associate with 'one of the good guys'. Don't really see the problem with it.
Vegeta's entire thing is beating the main bad guy, which Goku ultimately always does. That's what I'm "even talking about".
No, its beating the main bad guy, typically as a way of surpassing Goku. Often times, explicitly as a way of one upping Goku.

Also, even in your example, I don't see how that applies to this scenario. Zoro wasn't getting excited about beating Kaido. He was excited about getting a really powerful sword, which falls more into the general them about Zoro getting excited about getting stronger generally.

Zoro wasn't directing his excitement at the idea of defeating anyone.