One Piece Episode 963 - Oden's Determination! Whitebeard's Test!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • 3/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
I hate that they did that to oden
Oden getting one shotted made him looks so inferior to wb

The most harm will be done to kaido later
LMAO, show me the panel that says it was CoC, don't go throwing your Headcanon around
:gokulaugh:

Oden was neg diffed, if it makes you feel better low diff. The second he used his Gura Gura the lad got his shit bashed in, lol.
not canon buddy
You can troll all you want but that won’t change the reality

Both Oden and WB didn't use koka in the manga
(Oden using it only in his last attack isn't a huge deal)
Oden did use CoA in the manga, already in his first clash with WB:

Both blades where covered in black hardening.
@MarineHQ62 did said it right, one another point is that WB even hold himself back when using Gura df since the whole area wasn´t split, he probably try not to damage the area and risking his own mens life(remember what happen when he hit though Akainu, MF was split in half). WB take the fight very easily in shorttime while not using even himself his OP CoA.

Oden try to force WB to let him go with him though the new world and he get low diffed and accept his lose, then he try to beg WB to let him still go.
Post automatically merged:

Nah it is okay since Oden get far stronger during travelling with WB and Roger, 5years are very long time to increase twice or 4x his own powerlvl. He losing easily against a Veteran like WB without having own experince is not surprising me. But the way that Toei let him lose was still something else.

The most harm will be done to kaido later
He is and always was much inferior to WB and it will get clearer in the next following episodes.
not canon buddy
You can troll all you want but that won’t change the reality
Toei > more canon than what you have to offer and I'm just trolling those that use Anime filler to their advantage when it suits their agenda and question theit legitimacy when it doesn't.

great episode even if its just 12 pages
this shows that its not the pacing what killed op anime but bad filler .

in next two episodes the opening will be clear from spoilers except jinbe
that means when they reach ch 976 there will be new opening (10 chapters content from now )
__

I think Oda's Oden hype is legit and he certainly wants us to see him as an undisputed legend. The overestimation just went too far when some tried to push him equal or above WB.
Oden is certainely very strong but honnestly I have never found his character to be that interesting and appealing, especially after the second half of his flashback.

It was totally predictable that Whitebeard would smash him, people were making too much of just a clash and him being owned by Roger and his shock upon seeing Whitebeard and Roger's clash confirmed that he was far from their league.

He is and always was much inferior to WB and it will get clearer in the next following episodes.
It depends on your definition of the word inferior
For me inferior is like luffy when he first met kaido

then oden is definitely not inferior to wb
He clashed evenly with him
And he took a named attack from roger (wb’s equal) and got back right away

We all know roger and wb>everyone
But oden by portrayal and feat is definitely not MUCH inferior to them
He can definitely give wb or roger midd diff fight

J

Jo_Ndule

Oden did use CoA in the manga, already in his first clash with WB:

Both blades where covered in black hardening.
@MarineHQ62 did said it right, one another point is that WB even hold himself back when using Gura df since the whole area wasn´t split, he probably try not to damage the area and risking his own mens life(remember what happen when he hit though Akainu, MF was split in half). WB take the fight very easily in shorttime while not using even himself his OP CoA.

Oden try to force WB to let him go with him though the new world and he get low diffed and accept his lose, then he try to beg WB to let him still go.

Nah it is okay since Oden get far stronger during travelling with WB and Roger, 5years are very long time to increase twice or 4x his own powerlvl. He losing easily against a Veteran like WB without having own experince is not surprising me. But the way that Toei let him lose was still something else.
He didnt use koka
Check again...both used Invisible CoA
Oden's swords wasn't coated in koka!

Compare it to when he uses Kola vs The Boar or On Kaido.

The First shelf of Power is : Roger, prime WB, prime Garp and Xebec (and Blackbeard soon)

Second would be: prime Sengoku, Kaido, prime Oden, Big mom, Shanks, Akainu, Mihawk, Prime Raylegh.

Toei did great. Even though i dont count that as one shot but as that WB IS stronger, oden could still Cleary fight If he wanted but...was already said and done who is the stronger.

He didnt use koka
Check again...both used Invisible CoA
Oden's swords wasn't coated in koka!
Whitebeard didn´t use Koka, probably invisible CoA but Oden clearly use black hardening on both swords bro:

Both swords of Oden are covered with black hardening.

It was totally predictable that Whitebeard would smash him, people were making too much of just a clash and him being owned by Roger and his shock upon seeing Whitebeard and Roger's clash confirmed that he was far from their league.
I think Oden improve during the travel with Roger and WB.
Young Oden: High High tier
Commander Oden: Low Top tier
Prime Oden: Mid-High Top Tier