Controversial One Piece is gross and creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Kingdom, rape/massacre/genocide usually happens by the "villains" but they're not really villains. They're just people of different nations doing that to each other. The MC doesn't do that kind of stuff but his home state sometimes does that.

Same for Vinland Saga, Thorfinn doesn't do those kind of stuff but his "group" does that and Thorfinn doesn't even bat an eye to it.

As for the things you said about OP, well, it's definitely weird that the good guys does it but it's Japan we're talking about here. Their moralities are different compared to Western/European audiences. What's funny for Oda is not funny for some.
It shouldnt be funny at all. Its wrong. And shaming me that I couldnt handle those types of shows doesnt make me look bad.

@Warchief Sanji D Goat i understand your counter to Chrono.. But in Vinland specifically from what i have seen, nudity, sexual slavery, etc has a history in story context.. Correct me if in wrong, Which honestly one can skim through and ignore (doing that with onepiece too but it gets extreme and repetitive)

Its not equivalent to Nami allowing to be groped and seen naked for money like how do you reconcile that with her maternity aspect of her charcter and turning Bonney into a 12 yr old? What justified reason does that have? You can only save their charcter so much

Its not just onepiece honestly the problem is widespread as you aware

I doubt I'll be reading any Seinen that glamorizes perversions.

Right? Like Oda was the ONLY guy who knew what age she really was. Wtf Oda?
Post automatically merged:

ALL one dimensional characters
Its so stupid that no one bothers about it, afterall its just story not a reality. But oda mindset is real, dude is sure a pedo mentality like his master. He is drawing a shonen manga but still we could see some disturbing things like these in middle of it.

In which universe was it a neccessity for Nami and Robin to bathe with him ?
Momo was literally introduced in snow as scared and starving kid with post traumatic stress disorder... It would have been dumb not to let him have a relaxing time with a motherly figures that are Nami or Robin. Even I who is not hype on gender stereotype understand the importance of such moment for his character.

Theres difference between bathing him and bathing with him. Its completely gross and you show heavy heavy bias towards women....so shame on you
I understand that you find that gross, its valid, but that's something very common mate. In many culture. What is gross for you is not necessaraly gross for others. And nudity is perfectly natural, there is no need to be afraid of it. I think you are really overreacting here.

And again dont skip the that Nami was using her body to try to persuade Momo, which makes the baths even worse.
Nah she did not dude. You are being weird.

Which female did Oda write well, then?
Nami - Robin - Vivi - Conis - Rebecca - Yamato - Big Mom ETC.

Who did he write well? Curly Dandan?? Lmao
Actually I forgot her but yes, she is really well written also. Its a small character but really impactfull

Instead of me explaining why they are really well written.. Why won't you tell me why you think those women are badly written instead ? It would be faster.

Those two.. chef kisses
:christnally:

Yeah, how in the world oda even came up with blackbeard hitting on the 10yrs bonnie.
I mean.. isn't he supposed to be a baddy ?

YES lol

She doesn't change her view on anything. She held the same beliefs she always did. She didn't change.
A good character is not necessaraly a character that changes.

Momo was literally introduced in snow as scared and starving kid with post traumatic stress disorder... It would have been dumb not to let him have a relaxing time with a motherly figures that are Nami or Robin. Even I who is not hype on gender stereotype understand the importance of such moment for his character.

I understand that you find that gross, its valid, but that's something very common mate. In many culture. What is gross for you is not necessaraly gross for others. And nudity is perfectly natural, there is no need to be afraid of it. I think you are really overreacting here.

Actually I forgot her but yes, she is really well written also. Its a small character but really impactfull

Instead of me explaining why they are really well written.. Why won't you tell me why you think those women are badly written instead ? It would be faster.

Those two.. chef kisses

A one-dimensional character, also known as a flat character, lacks depth and doesn't change throughout the story. These characters usually have a specific role to play within your story, so you write them in, get the job done, and then the characters move on with their fictional lives.

Otohime did her job... and she died. That was it.

The same is true of Nami's mom, and Sanji's mom. All just characters written into the story to do a certain job and then be thrown away.

It shouldnt be funny at all. Its wrong. And shaming me that I couldnt handle those types of shows doesnt make me look bad.
I'm not shaming you or anything lol. I'm saying that those shows are probably not suitable for you.
@Warchief Sanji D Goat i understand your counter to Chrono.. But in Vinland specifically from what i have seen, nudity, sexual slavery, etc has a history in story context.. Correct me if in wrong, Which honestly one can skim through and ignore (doing that with onepiece too but it gets extreme and repetitive)

Its not equivalent to Nami allowing to be groped and seen naked for money like how do you reconcile that with her maternity aspect of her charcter and turning Bonney into a 12 yr old? What justified reason does that have? You can only save their charcter so much

Its not just onepiece honestly the problem is widespread as you aware

I doubt I'll be reading any Seinen that glamorizes perversions.
Yes, Vinland Saga is based on real life history. However, Vinland doesn't have full blown nudity. Just minor.

She is a martyr and inspiring figure, just like Kuma. They are the people that Oda highlights as examples of virtuous life.
Kuma is like one of the worst examples of a character that could've had more depth to him, but didn't. He had one flashback to explain all his actions, and he turned out to be just a naive guy like the rest of them.

Not to mention his girlfriend was only in the story for like a split second, and she was only there for Kuma to be angry that she got raped.

Now, we have to deal with Bonney~

Those two.. chef kisses

You:- "Nudity is perfectly natural"

Also you:- "How dare Oda sexualise his female characters"

If Nudity is normal you shouldnt be yapping like you usual do. Carry on making excuses whenever it suits you. Nami and Robin are creeps. Especially Nami.

Kuma is like one of the worst examples of a character that could've had more depth to him, but didn't. He had one flashback to explain all his actions, and he turned out to be just a naive guy like the rest of them.

Not to mention his girlfriend was only in the story for like a split second, and she was only there for Kuma to be angry that she got raped.

Now, we have to deal with Bonney~
Ok. Looks like we have different opinions and tastes. But that is fine

Do you really think Otohime is a one dimensional character?
She, Potgas D Rouge, Ginny, Viloa,Nami's mom

Most women in One Piece are amazing characters...
Saying that Oda doesn't know how to write women is really not a fair point here

A one-dimensional character, also known as a flat character, lacks depth and doesn't change throughout the story. These characters usually have a specific role to play within your story, so you write them in, get the job done, and then the characters move on with their fictional lives.

Otohime did her job... and she died. That was it.
If you know me and like what I do, you should know that I have a big problem with argumentation that take storytelling as an excuse to analyse the story badly.

Again, change is not synonymous of good. A flat character (like Luffy for example) can be an AMAZING character. And a good character often has a very specific role. Having such role doesn't make a character bad.

A good character is a character that deliver exactly the messages and emotion that the spectator is supposed to feel. In this instance, there are almost NO bad characters in One Piece, and even less women. The fact that a character only appear for 2 chapter like Bellmere doesn't make her a less important of impactfull character.

Women in One Piece are one of the best thing that happened to storytelling in those past two decades. Of course Oda knows how to write them.

And I really don't know how you can keep reading One Piece if you were not invested in either Robin or Nami's stories.

You:- "Nudity is perfectly natural"

Also you:- "How dare Oda sexualise his female characters"
Oh... I see the problem. You see nudity as sexualization.

Sexualization is the act of depicting bodies as sexual objects. Simple nudity is not sexualization mate. You are confusing things.

My problem is sexualization, not nudity. I'm completely okay with this scene for example. I found it very hearthwarming:

I found it human. Its not sexualized, its just people relaxing in bath and Oda giving us two big Trans right point right here.

(but let me guess, you can't even stand this scene, right ?)

You have your priority wrong. You are confusing nudity with sexuality and sexualization. So of course you will see casual scenes like those shocking..

But bro Chopper is only like 15 or 17 here too you know

He's looking at boobies

Again with blurred lines where Yamato is pretending to be a guy while showing off her chest with what most of us would consider minors around

Momonosuke is there and he looks shocked and very intrigued by the boobies

The Mono/Yamato stuff is super weird because she pretends to be Oden, too. *pukes*

She, Potgas D Rouge, Ginny, Viloa,Nami's mom

Most women in One Piece are amazing characters...
Saying that Oda doesn't know how to write women is really not a fair point here

If you know me and like what I do, you should know that I have a big problem with argumentation that take storytelling as an excuse to analyse the story badly.

Again, change is not synonymous of good. A flat character (like Luffy for example) can be an AMAZING character. And a good character often has a very specific role. Having such role doesn't make a character bad.

A good character is a character that deliver exactly the messages and emotion that the spectator is supposed to feel. In this instance, there are almost NO bad characters in One Piece, and even less women. The fact that a character only appear for 2 chapter like Bellmere doesn't make her a less important of impactfull character.

Women in One Piece are one of the best thing that happened to storytelling in those past two decades. Of course Oda knows how to write them.

And I really don't know how you can keep reading One Piece if you were not invested in either Robin or Nami's stories.

Oh... I see the problem. You see nudity as sexualization.

Sexualization is the act of depicting bodies as sexual objects. Simple nudity is not sexualization mate. You are confusing things.

My problem is sexualization, not nudity. I'm completely okay with this scene for example. I found it very hearthwarming:

I found it human. Its not sexualized, its just people relaxing in bath and Oda giving us two big Trans right point right here.

(but let me guess, you can't even stand this scene, right ?)

You have your priority wrong. You are confusing nudity with sexuality and sexualization. So of course you will see casual scenes like those shocking..
Isnt Sanji literally getting a nosebleed to Yamato in this scene. What an L.

Status
Not open for further replies.