Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

stealthblack

I loved black sail. it they manage to make op look like black sails, as in real pirates not cartoon pirates that would be great.

I loved black sail. it they manage to make op look like black sails, as in real pirates not cartoon pirates that would be great.
I think a specific touch of One Piece designs it will definitely keep. I read the script and when they described Helmeppo... It was ridiculously close to original.

I do think they will make adjustments so make it more pirate-like. The clothes will likely be adjusted to look more natural but I really love the style of the characters just wearing t-shirts and casual stuff.

The same goes for the ships etc. I wouldn't want a cartoony Going Merry or Thousand Sunny. Real actual ships would be amazing. That scream Pirates of the Carribean or any movie with amazing ships. The ships follow real ship types, so they might take inspiration from that.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder what they'll do about certain character designs like Usopps long nose for example... It is one of his trademarks and a lot of jokes derive from that... But I feel like it might look ridiculous in live action... Same goes with weird body proportions or clothes like those of Mohji or Pearl...

Last edited:
If they go the route of animating the crew like the Flying Dutchman crew from Pirates of the Caribbean, I don't see it being that bad
This is different because the main character stretches. This alone will be a massive problem for them, not to even name more. They could make it more realistic and ditch a lot of stuff, but then it wouldn't be One Piece, would it?

I would love more pirate shows overall, because it's so easy to make things interesting in that setting. However, I'm skeptic about this.

This is different because the main character stretches. This alone will be a massive problem for them, not to even name more. They could make it more realistic and ditch a lot of stuff, but then it wouldn't be One Piece, would it?

I would love more pirate shows overall, because it's so easy to make things interesting in that setting. However, I'm skeptic about this.
If they really have a good budget for OP as hoped, I think they know where they'll need to invest into. And that's the CGI for the devil fruit powers. I don't think it is impossible.

There's certain things they will probably ditch to make it more realistic, but yes, it wouldn't be OP anymore if they just changed one of the main traits of the whole story

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that if this is a commercial success it'll come at the expense of making all of us absolutely hate it for not being close enough to the source material

Such is the struggles with live-action adaptions.
Well, I personally won't hate it if they don't make it very close to the original source. To be honest, I'll be quite happy. One Piece as we know it, won't look good AT ALL if its entirely the same thing as the original source material. I think we all accept this. I feel like this live action series can be a very good way to promote one piece all over the world. I feel like they should make it to be closely based on the original series- mainly the story and the basic plot. But should make adequate changes where needed
Post automatically merged:

@Sievas, do you have any open links or screenshots of the script? I really wanted to read it tbh.

Last edited:
Last edited:

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Yes, but the problem is they have a lot which needs to be invested into for something like this, not just CGI. Although they can probably save up in other things and just make it endless CGI. :')

I have no doubt in CGI or Netflix monopoly, it's a question how much they're really willing to invest into an adaptation. It's not like they're making yet another season of popular shows like Stranger Things or something. Adaptations like this are generally risky business, which failed more often than not.

And of course, even if they pull off the visuals, the casting, acting, and directing are tough as well.
Yeah you're right, hopefully this is the rare exception.