News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member 83

Yes, I saw it right above when I was making my comment, I must deduce that it is the coloring of the Supreme Haki of the King of ODEN.
Which perfectly matches the logic that the coloring we saw between WB and ODEN on the beach, belonged to Whitebeard.
Since ODEN further demonstrates not knowing the conqueror's Haki so well.
Sure

FengHuang and Phoenix is actually two different mythical creature, since you know they're made up by different cultures, like how chinese dragons aren't dragons at all

But in op I suppose they're the same, the name of Marco's fruit is Phoenix, but his tail is that of FengHuang

And his animal is フェニックス
Let Google read it for u if u still have doubts =)
Yeah, as you said, FengHuang and Phoenix are two different creatures but they are arguably one of, if not the most blended mythical beasts by Japanese pop culture; Ho-oh from Pokémon and Hououmon from Digimon are the two best examples of this phenomenon, as both clearly represent the Japanese version of FengHuang but acquired traits from the Western phoenix (stressed fire properties, regeneration and coming back from death).

As silly as this may sound, this is a debate I've had from time to time regarding Marco as people would argue his fruit isn't based on an Eastern creature in spite of the obvious references to FengHuang/Hoho (the tail as you mentioned, the color scheme, his role as a pheasant/rooster in that zodiac Color Spread, pretty much all of his techniques...). So I assume Oda is just one more author following that modern syncretism that merged both mythical birds.

フェニックス is, I assume after checking, the Japanese way of writing "phoenix" (fenikkusu) as the word used to name the Western bird.

Golden, apparently the color that leaked/went out of the clash (CLASH) between ODEN and WB PRIME, color of the supreme HAKI.​

In something similar we have the PURPLE COLOR for KAIDO.

In something similar we have the PURPLE COLOR for KAIDO.

But is this from Whitebeard Prime?

As ODEN didn't seem to know ADCOC when he confronted WHITE BEARD on the beach, he was surprised and apparently not knows how to apply ADCOC, after witnessing a CLASH, CLASH between WB and Roger, “They don't even touch. "

But the golden rays of the WB, or ODEN, appeared when it collided with ODEN in a similar way to Roger's strike, there was physical contact.
Which makes me curious about this CLASH.

It's a much stronger ODEN than this:
Oden never mastered CoC coating. He just subconsciously used it to scar kaido just like Zoro did.

No, he didn't. There's no black lightning coming from his blade itself. Everyone who mastered CoC coating has it when they use it including Luffy, Roger, WB, Kaido and BM. Zoro still needs to master it to use it consciously and Oden never did.
Luffy didn't master anything

How would you know whether Oden did it consciously or unconsciously?
In fact Oden already mentioned that he was at his limit of strength, so how would he then go on to unconsciously use COC coating..

Luffy didn't master anything
His attacks had the black CoC streak like other top tiers. Not mastery on their level but he started using it consciously.

How would you know whether Oden did it consciously or unconsciously?
There's no black lightning coming from his blade. Tell me one reason for it if not this. He didn't have CoC mastery like Luffy, Roger, WB, Kaido and BM. I mean, it's pretty obvious.

In fact Oden already mentioned that he was at his limit of strength, so how would he then go on to unconsciously use COC coating..
Just like how Zoro used it unconsciously at his limit without even knowing that he had CoC, lol.

His attacks had the black CoC streak like other top tiers. Not mastery on their level but he started using it consciously.
Your point was that having black streak = mastering so Luffy mastered and Oden didn't...which is obviously false.
The fact that Luffy had black streak yet didn't master should already show you that black streak is not a prerequisite

There's no black lightning coming from his blade. Tell me one reason for it if not this. He didn't have CoC mastery like Luffy, Roger, WB, Kaido and BM. I mean, it's pretty obvious.
It's obvious you are wrong. Black streak does not = mastery

Just like how Zoro used it unconsciously at his limit without even knowing that he had CoC, lol.
Nice try conflating the two.
Oden spoke about his limit to his wife not in a fight. Oden never expressed his limitations in the fight.
Oden's statement = I can never get any stronger

Zoro was at his limit in ability in the actual fight
Zoro's statement = this is all I can do at this time

What I do know is that it doesn't mean mastery. Luffy had the ssme streak yet no mastery
But don't you think that there's enough evidence to say that it could mean having the ability to use it consciously? I mean, Zoro unconsciously used it to scar him and he too didn't have the black lightning coming from his blade, same as Oden. Whatever it is though, it'll probably be cleared in the near future.

But don't you think that there's enough evidence to say that it could mean having the ability to use it consciously? I mean, Zoro unconsciously used it to scar him and he too didn't have the black lightning coming from his blade, same as Oden. Whatever it is though, it'll probably be cleared in the near future.
For me , the whole black lightning arguments do not hold weight. The very fact that black lightning can even occur with COA is enough support for it.

With Oden's hype and his own statement, it is unlikely that he couldn't consciously coat his attacks in COC. The very fact that he scarred Kaido when he wasn't at his limit like Zoro proves enough

The very fact that black lightning can even occur with COA is enough support for it.
But I'm not talking about that lightning, I'm talking about the one which comes off from the weapon (Or in Luffy's case, the hand) itself. It's pretty different from CoA lightning and the lightening the forms as an effect of the CoC clash. The latter 2 are pretty confusing, yes.

With Oden's hype and his own statement, it is unlikely that he couldn't consciously coat his attacks in COC.
It's only his hype because of which people think that he could use it consciously. Other than that nothing proves it. No direct implication or anything.

The very fact that he scarred Kaido when he wasn't at his limit like Zoro proves enough
Maybe not at his limit but he was still pretty desperate to save his country. I don't personally think not being at his limit is a counter-point but it's your opinion so okay.