News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Legit Admirals ended Oden and Old Garp wank. Prime Garp is probably still legit but Old Garp wasn't it. Special Marine narrative down the dumpster.
For Old Garp wank to hold you gotta gaslight people into believing Kuzan's fruit is useless against top tiers (when the state of Punk Hazard and Akainu scars despite having a heat based fruit already proved this argument to be a cope lmao)

For Old Garp wank to hold you gotta gaslight people into believing Kuzan's fruit is useless against top tiers (when the state of Punk Hazard and Akainu scars despite having a heat based fruit already proved this argument to be a cope lmao)
I have people tell me Ice ball, Partizan and contact freeze are all Kuzan’s fruit amounts too. When I ask how did bro give frostbite to a Magma dude I usually get no answer.

i see opposite from people outside forum like YouTube , I saw people think old garp >= Kuzan . So old garp wank is still here . They just refuse to see kuzan has prime garp strength .

No my interpretation is his feat on the roof is consistent with his portrayal and feats throughout onigashima. The outlier is Izo, and it's an ok outlier given Izo went kamikaze. When you are going kamikaze it is not reflective of your lvl under normal conditions.

The rooftop feat is just his top end feat, just like characters have casual showings and then their final max showings. What he did on the roof was his top speed and top strength feat. His entire onigashima run aligns with it too. He bodied someone like Drake in a numbers disadvantage, Apoo tried fighting and even in a 4v2 felt he didn't stand a chance. This is nothing short of top commander (Calamity, SC etc.) lvl portrayal.

The cherry ontop was him remaining conscious after an attack several magnitudes stronger than an attack that knocked out Kuri Luffy, and above what knocked out the scabbards on the roof, after he had already taken mortal damage beforehand.
I can see where you're coming from with the endurance point at least. His feats in that aspect are legit with nothing in the manga explicitly putting them into question.

Think what we disagree on is the Izo situation and the implications of that is why we see different scenes as outliers. I honestly see no reason why a "kamikaze ready" mentality changes what a character is capable of. The fighter's abilities are the exact same, they would just be more willing to put their lives on the line to get the opening they need. If Izo is capable of outpacing someone in a 1v2, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't be able to do so in a 1v1. The kamikaze move here was entirely a product of the fight being 1v2 since there would have been nobody to jump Izo after he floored Mr. Go in a normal exchange.

"It doesn't count because Izo was going kamikaze" simply doesn't sound very logical to me so I cannot just disregard the whole thing and how it portrayed Go. Add Izo's injured state on top of that as well as the verbal acknowledgement that Drake was no pushover in the 2v4 (coupled with bleeding and huffing) and what Mr. Go pulled on the rooftop is the feat that stands out to me as a weird outlier.

I can see where you're coming from with the endurance point at least. His feats in that aspect are legit with nothing in the manga explicitly putting them into question.

Think what we disagree on is the Izo situation and the implications of that is why we see different scenes as outliers. I honestly see no reason why a "kamikaze ready" mentality changes what a character is capable of. The fighter's abilities are the exact same, they would just be more willing to put their lives on the line to get the opening they need. If Izo is capable of outpacing someone in a 1v2, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't be able to do so in a 1v1. The kamikaze move here was entirely a product of the fight being 1v2 since there would have been nobody to jump Izo after he floored Mr. Go in a normal exchange.

"It doesn't count because Izo was going kamikaze" simply doesn't sound very logical to me so I cannot just disregard the whole thing and how it portrayed Go. Add Izo's injured state on top of that as well as the verbal acknowledgement that Drake was no pushover in the 2v4 (coupled with bleeding and huffing) and what Mr. Go pulled on the rooftop is the feat that stands out to me as a weird outlier.
@ZenZu s coping
He knows go is trash he just has to damage control
Doing that for kizaru to

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
You can dance around it all you want. That Oden never got a supreme grade or black blade as the legendary swordsman of the country of samurai but the casual blind chad got a supreme grade as a side quest means something.

Oden ain't on Admiral tier.
Fujitora getting a supreme grade from Wano while Oden and Ryuma did not is the swordsman equivalent of Fujitora having sex with both Oden and Ryuma’s wives simultaneously.

A real deal doesn't get dominated in 2v1 while having a top tier help
Kizaru was devastated after killing Punk. We can see him breathing heavily in the panels following the finishing blow. He also didn't get caught in a 1v2 context either since he was about to chase Sanji and wasn't paying attention to Luffy.

When actually facing off against G5, Kizaru was effective at parrying his attacks and dashing out of pressure. Fact that Luffy only managed to find a single opening for a clean hit on him (and that at the very limits of his stamina) speaks volumes about Kizaru's skill.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Think back to what Sentinel said, Go arguably dealt with Drake (who is relative to WsW) easier than Jimbei did. The Kamikaze feat isn't being disregarded for Izo, I have to rate Izo higher than Drake because of it. But it's just not enough, especially being offpanel.

Did you see what the anime made of it? I can't see something like this warranting placing Izo above or equal to Mr.Go.

When someone is sacrificing themselves Oda won't let them go out without something to show for it.