News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Not gonna lie, Bounties here sorta basically straightforward map to strength for the Tobi Roppo. Who's Who is above Izo and close to Ace's bounty two years ago. This makes sense from their fight with Jinbei and skill-level shown. Black Maria roughly equals Sasaki. Ulti is weaker than both but meaningfully stronger than PageOne, who mostly played the Ussop to her Nami. Hopefully the crew members who beat them get higher bounties.

No, pretty sure bounties measure combat potential.So defeating a pirate with a bounty higher than yours would lead to a re-evaluation of your combat skills and ergo a higher bounty. "Threat level" is a completely fan made thing. The full thing was basically "Threat of you compact powers" and "in some cases other factors." Bounties in the "real" world are always justified by strength. Whether actual (Luffy), or theorised based on what you learn about them(Vinsmoke Sanji), or even completely made up strength (Nico Robin).

Besides, weak people pose no danger to the WG for the simple fact they can be captured.
You might be replying to the wrong person, I've never mentioned threat level, my whole point is I believe bounty for most people, is a gradual increase, not necessarily assigned exactly to the things they did last.
Defeating a pirate with high bounty, would lead to a re-evaluation of your combat skill, which may or may not result in receive a higher bounty than the person you just defeated.

Yes, and no.

Pica COULD have a bounty if he was a more competent pirate. But he isn't. Thus he isn't half as much of a threat as guys like Luffy and Law or even Zoro.

Bounty isn't exactly power level, but considering the circumstances of how Zoro gained his bounty, I see no reason to believe that Pica would gain a higher bounty than Zoro if his bounty was unfrozen.

Also, Jack is a horrible example, because Jack is someone considered monstrously strong. He absolutely deserves his bounty based on the impact and strength he possesses alone, and is consistently highlighted as such for the threat he poses.

Also, again, worth noting that bounties are more difficult to increase after 300 million, so any metric of bounties below that range could be considered irrelevant when discussing higher bounties.

I don't believe Pica has shown enough competence to be worth more than 300 mil.
Pica is already a competent enough pirate to receive 500 mil bounty or more, just not when compared to Luffy, Law and Zoro's bounty. People need to stop using Luffy, Law and Zoro as scales, they are way stronger than their bounty suggests, it's like using Sabo to measure Yonko commanders.

Pica has def shown enough competence to be worth more than 300 mil, you have wayyyy less competent pirates that has bounties of 300 mil or more, such as Caesar, Pekoms, Pedro, then Tamago in the 400 mil range, Izo in the 500 mil range, like if Caribou and Bellamy can get 200 mil bounty roughly, 300 mil is NOTHING to Pica.

I don't see why due to bounties being more difficult to increase after 300 mil, would make bounties below that range irrelevant... They are still bounties.
Zoro beating Pica, getting 320 mil, does not mean Pica must be 320 mil or less, it does not work like that, just like Luffy defeats Croc, but many arcs later, when captured, Luffy gets sent into ID level 5, while Croc was considered level 6, together with many other examples I gave you.

Im still sure that Yasopp/Roo and at most Ben get insane bounties. Don't forget guys these commanders are like Zoro and Sanji, special op dudes and even get hyped by Oda in same chapter where Yonkous bounty get hyped.

For now im glad King having 1.39b but I wish for King to have something above 1.4B but well that is what is it. King is right now the commander with the highest bounty!!

King > Marco > Queen >> Katakuri > Jack
Yeah, make sense. The whole "more violent" makes no sense. Who is more violent? Those who fight for fun, or those who burn your hose down for skittles?
Post automatically merged:

You might be replying to the wrong person, I've never mentioned threat level, my whole point is I believe bounty for most people, is a gradual increase, not necessarily assigned exactly to the things they did last.
Defeating a pirate with high bounty, would lead to a re-evaluation of your combat skill, which may or may not result in receive a higher bounty than the person you just defeated.

Pica is already a competent enough pirate to receive 500 mil bounty or more, just not when compared to Luffy, Law and Zoro's bounty. People need to stop using Luffy, Law and Zoro as scales, they are way stronger than their bounty suggests, it's like using Sabo to measure Yonko commanders.

Pica has def shown enough competence to be worth more than 300 mil, you have wayyyy less competent pirates that has bounties of 300 mil or more, such as Caesar, Pekoms, Pedro, then Tamago in the 400 mil range, Izo in the 500 mil range, like if Caribou and Bellamy can get 200 mil bounty roughly, 300 mil is NOTHING to Pica.

I don't see why due to bounties being more difficult to increase after 300 mil, would make bounties below that range irrelevant... They are still bounties.
Zoro beating Pica, getting 320 mil, does not mean Pica must be 320 mil or less, it does not work like that, just like Luffy defeats Croc, but many arcs later, when captured, Luffy gets sent into ID level 5, while Croc was considered level 6.
Fair dos, I agree. That said, 300 million is a high-ass bounty. Do not forget.