News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I believe King being referred to as the top of the All-Stars is the whole King>Queen>Jack theme at work. I mean, King does not have a separate designation as a leader but he outranks Queen, who, in turn, outranks Jack. So King is called the top/the first of the All-Stars because he ranks the highest among them. I think that's why some translators aren't agreeing with others calling him their leader because it doesn't mention the term leader. Also, It's because this^ talks about their ranks that the VC writers felt the need to confirm King is also the strongest crew member after Kaido.

It’s a weird sentence and doesn’t translate neatly. I don’t do literal translations and neither does Viz but I can shed some light on it if it’s important.

知ってたか知らずか
whether he knows or doesn’t know

時経深き縁を授けられたゾロは
Zoro has been imparted with a deep fate from time past

いざ海賊狩りならぬ
Not being a pirate hunter

鬼退治とばかりに
Simply to exterminate oni

鬼ヶ島へ突撃
Assault Onigashima

退治 - exterminate/eradicate

If the VC used something like 狩る (hunt) instead then yeah I’d say demon hunter. But it’s saying something more like he came to Onigashima just to exterminate oni instead. I don’t like translating Oni as demon either, they’re more like a cross between demons and ogres.
Thank you, I dont mind about literal translation but more the meaning of the phrases. After you explanation, I have a clear idea what the VC card meant. Thank you again.

S

stealthblack

Queen vivre card info from Reddit:

- queen is first mate of kaidou, ever since they met many years ago in a prison of wg, they escaped together and decided to start their crew, the beast pirates
- queen is said to be strongest from the crew after kaidou
- queen is so powerful, even king fears him
- queen is famous for fighting mihawk and admirals in the past

- queen is first mate of kaidou, ever since they met many years ago in a prison of wg, they escaped together and decided to start their crew, the beast pirates
:milaugh:

:gokulaugh:This is actually funny with how fake it is

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎

:gokulaugh::usoprice::queenhear: