Break Week Primebeard was stronger than Roger

Buggy stated that whitebeard was the world’s strongest man because he was the only person to tie with roger

that seems to imply whitebeard’s title only comes from his duel with roger
wrong .
Wb died at 72 2 years ago right ? So he would have bien 74 currently.
38 years ago during GOD valley,Wb was thus 36.
5 years later,the remnants of Rocks started recruiting.
30 years ago,Wb reached wan and met Oden making Wb 44 at the time and they left wano the same year.
4 years after Wb and Oden left wano(year of Hiyori's birth), they fought the Roger pirates thus making Wb 48 at that time.
Shanks is confirmed to be 39 from what I remember.
makes sense
seems I misinterpreted this tweet

reason why is hinted here

the ace novel gives a dialogue about his title,
shiki calls it his era after roger died
none of it was just because of his duel with roger .

Last edited:
No two people can be exactly equal, though. Someone would eventually lose. Like another poster mentioned, it took 10 days for a gap to emerge between Akainu and Aokiji. That's worthy of considering them equals, but Akainu has the edge. Statements of WB and Roger's equality wouldn't conflict with that view. Keeping that in mind, it's plausible that one of them has the slight edge.
Two people can be perfectly equal. Your applying more analysis to something that doesn't need it. Dorry and Broggy are the easiest example of exact equals.

lol Roger was stronger than Whitebeard he had only two years to live a sick Roger equalled Whitebeard and became the PK

An sick Roger equalled Whitebeard 26 years ago WB was 48 years old think about it if Roger wasnt handicapped I think he would swap the Grand Line when he would just walk by

An dying old WB two shoted an yonko
An prime WB equalled sick dying Roger

Think about what Roger would be if he was healthy Oda created such an character that he had to handicap him to justfy his death otherwise he couldnt write the story

Roger's prime opponent was Rox.
he didnt take down rox alone however so rox might have been stronger.
Post automatically merged:

lol Roger was stronger than Whitebeard he had only two years to live a sick Roger equalled Whitebeard and became the PK

An sick Roger equalled Whitebeard 26 years ago WB was 48 years old think about it if Roger wasnt handicapped I think he would swap the Grand Line when he would just walk by

An dying old WB two shoted an yonko
An prime WB equalled sick dying Roger

Think about what Roger would be if he was healthy Oda created such an character that he had to handicap him to justfy his death otherwise he couldnt write the story
dont think his sickness was a factor in his clash against wb as people make it seem
they were equals in their prime. roger reaching his before wb.

he didnt take down rox alone however so rox might have been stronger.
Post automatically merged:

dont think his sickness was a factor in his clash against wb as people make it seem
they were equals in their prime. roger reaching his before wb.
Rocks was weaker since he lost with a crew of future yonkoand great pirates like shiki, captain john etc.

Rocks was weaker since he lost with a crew of future yonkoand great pirates like shiki, captain john etc.
debatable
we dont know the circumstances between the fight
whether wb, shiki decided to help their captain or dipped
whether roger was occupied with rox or garp played more of a role in that
too many variables to say he was weaker.
a lot points to the fact he was infact stronger.
requiring two of the top 3 to take him down
and a goal that supercedes the pk title .
biggest hint?
roger's most formidable rival and that includes garp, shiki and wb (his equal) .
rox was likely stronger.

With both at their prime, they were equal at least if not Roger >= Beard. But we know that Roger was deadly sick. To a point that he was vomiting in the cabin all the time and keeping himself alive with meds, under pain and stress. So sure a Primebeard would be stronger than this version of Roger.

Two people can be perfectly equal. Your applying more analysis to something that doesn't need it. Dorry and Broggy are the easiest example of exact equals.
Those two are good counter-examples, however, don't they actually take daily breaks? If they weren't having duels based on giant pride it's plausible one of them would drop first after a couple days of combat.

Even if a match-up is favoured exactly 50/50, someone is always going to lose eventually even if they are still equally likely to win in the next fight. Although I suppose by that metric (matchup odds) two people could be true equals so I agree with you.

Those two are good counter-examples, however, don't they actually take daily breaks? If they weren't having duels based on giant pride it's plausible one of them would drop first after a couple days of combat.

Even if a match-up is favoured exactly 50/50, someone is always going to lose eventually even if they are still equally likely to win in the next fight. Although I suppose by that metric (matchup odds) two people could be true equals so I agree with you.
It's plausible but you wouldn't have any reason to believe that is the case. Like I've said your creating an hypothetical that doesn't need to exist. Draws exist in real life so it can easily be translated to anime. Moji and cabaji are also another exam on exact equals. Ace and Jinbe at some point where examples of exact equals. double ko's exist they are just rare cases.

Trust the character dynamic more if the title directly contradicts what's shown as facts reinforced directly by manga itself which is more credible than vivre cards and novels. Roger stalemated Whitebeard. Roger is even perceived better than Whitebeard by all the stakeholders including other emperors and Akainu.

And moreover, there's no narrative reason for Whitebeard to be above Roger when he isn't the pirate who's the milestone for the protagonist, freedom requires individual strength.

Yeah its some dumb fucks who say Roger > Mihawk because Mihawk said "Its harder to be PK than to be WSS"
So Mihawk was born with power equal to Roger's?! Oh, wait he was equal yongest Shanks.
But he fougth enemys equal to Roger, like WB, Kaido or BM?!Oh, wait...he just fight Shanks...
But Mihawk had foughy with sttongest swordmans in Younko crew?! Oh wait, he fight Shanks...
And Shanks lose his hand to SeaKing of Fusha village.
But wait, Mihawk has defeated a lot of opponents in MF war?! Oh wait, he defeated only scrubs and Mr.1.
So...yes, Mihawk is Roger, Xebec and WB combine level, no doubt:fujilaugh: