Current Events PSA: Zoro getting CoC was always the plan

Is splitting the sky the pinnacle of advanced Conqueror's Haki?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 10278

Sounds to me like you just described every other Shonen character lol. There is literally nothing unique about Zoro here.
And? That’s more or less what this is, is One Piece not a Shonen? No matter what Shonen manga you pick up there will always be similar elements present. One can easily argue that Asta was handed a five clover grimoire just to stand a chance vs competition like Yuno, all his hard work doesn’t matter because at the end of the day the only reason he’s competing is because of that five clover book. Heck, speaking of Yuno that mans was recently revealed to have noble blood after all, guess we could chalk up all his achievements to his noble lineage regardless.

And in this case it isn’t even the eyesore that Black Clover is when your argument is applied. Zoro getting CoC was something that was already set in stone for years precisely because of his drive, willpower, ambition etc. Before Ryuma was even namedropped, Zoro already checked off the boxes it was just a matter of bringing it all into fruition. A faint ancestor like Ryuma has no relevancy to Zoro now awakening CoC. Especially after everything that indicated Zoro had the ambition to “become a king” as Oda even credits the awakening to at the end of 1033.

D

Deleted member 10278

Zoro getting CoC is fine but just after that zoro is using adcoc, how can that be not an asspull.
It isn’t, it comes with the package. Not only was Ad CoC implied to have been in unconscious use vs Kaido, as Zoro clad dormant traces of CoC into his Asura attack but it was obviously the route Oda was going to take with Zoro considering his fighting style. Luffy can and will branch out into other areas but Zoro clading CoC in his swords didn’t come outta nowhere.

Coincidentally I’ve inadvertently described Shin from Kingdom, who unless Hara ruins Shin by giving him a legendary lineage as well, will actually achieve something impressive in the end unlike Zoro).
I forgot to add, you also mention Kingdom here. Well now that I’ve recently read Kingdom (currently on the Sanyou Arc) I can provide a contention here. The very logic you are critiquing Zoro and his progression with can literally be applied to Kingdom as well, take the two main characters for example: no.1 Shin and the no.2 Kyoukai. Are these two characters not extremely gifted? Let’s get the easy one outta the park; Kyoukai comes from a clan that literally creates mini-Houkens, why should anyone be impressed that she can throw hands with Houken and fodderize the rest of the verse? It’s all to the credit of the Shiyuu blood.

When it comes to Shin, he’s an orphan but he ain’t the commoner he’s said to be. Outta of the gate we already see him getting zenkai boosts mid battle and besting world class assassins at 13. Same man even beat the Rankai ape with no apparent training and currently where I am he was getting zenkai boosts vs Rinko. If mans is already doing this in his teens why should anyone be impressed when he becomes a great general in the Kingdom verse? The path was already laid out for him. If its even remotely revealed that Shin has any relationship with anybody noteworthy all those feats go down the drain even though the historical Shin was related to Riboku apparently.

See how this logic works? You can literally apply this to any fictional medium that remotely relates to these series. So I don’t understand where the criticism lies here bro.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
The very logic you are critiquing Zoro and his progression with can literally be applied to Kingdom as well, take the two main characters for example: no.1 Shin and the no.2 Kyoukai. Are these two characters not extremely gifted? Let’s get the easy one outta the park; Kyoukai comes from a clan that literally creates mini-Houkens, why should anyone be impressed that she can throw hands with Houken and fodderize the rest of the verse? It’s all to the credit of the Shiyuu blood.
1. I’m not defending Kyoukai lol. Everything about her is mid.
2. I’m not criticizing Zoro because he is talented, I’m criticizing Zoro because he was chosen by lineage to succeed and has already had his dream achieved by the men who produced him rather than legitimately achieving his dream for himself. Literally nothing about Zoro becoming the WSS was earned by him, this path was laid out for him by his ancestors and lineage.
3. Shin’s talent was earned through hard work and non-stop training. Every great feat he’s achieved so far in the manga was as a result of his own deliberate effort, drive and will to succeed. Zoro’s talent was bestowed upon him by random chance because he happens to be Ryuma’s descendant.

If mans is already doing this in his teens why should anyone be impressed when he becomes a great general in the Kingdom verse?
1. Not even sure what zenkai boosts Shin has been given randomly and I’m pretty positive you just made that up lol,
2. Again, Because Shin’s talent was earned through his hard work and his training. Zoro’s talent was earned by random chance/destiny/lineage bullshit.

See how this logic works?
None of what you said was my logic.

D

Deleted member 10278

1. I’m not defending Kyoukai lol. Everything about her is mid.
Fair enough.
I’m not criticizing Zoro because he is talented, I’m criticizing Zoro because he was chosen by lineage to succeed and has already has his dream achieved by the men who produced him rather than legitimately achieving his dream for himself. Literally nothing about Zoro becoming the WSS was earned by him, this path was laid out for him by his ancestors and lineage.
3. Shin’s talent was earned through hard work and non-stop training. Every great feat he’s achieved so far in the manga was as a result of his own drive and will to succeed. Zoro’s talent was bestowed upon him by random chance because he happens to be Ryuma’s descendant.
Bruh.Really? Isn’t Zoro’s willpower and ambition the very reason why he even awakened CoC to begin with? It’s even mentioned as so by Oda himself through King’s comment on his CoC. And Zoro is one of the hardest working characters in the entire manga, man had to swallow his own pride by asking Mihawk to train him, what do you mean “nothing was earned by him?”
Not even sure what zenkai boosts Shin has been given randomly and I’m pretty positive you just made that up lol,
2. Again, Because Shin’s talent was earned through his hard work and his training. Zoro’s talent was earned by random chance/destiny/lineage bullshit.
Aye I gotchu chief:

Prior to this sudden zenkai boost mans was about to faint. No training was the reason to this, his only training prior to this fight was that of leadership. Even Ouhon his rival was standing to the side with a less severe condition. So bro going by your logic why should anyone be impressed when Shin becomes a general if he can evolve mid battle like this?

Does people don't get tired of coming with those headcannon assumptions such as Zoro being Shimotsuki and then Oda reveals that they were wrong?

This already happened so many times but people act like this headcannon is the ultimate truth. Holy shit...

It doesn’t ruin his character any less. Zoro is not a relatable guy working hard to attain his dream, he is Ryuma sperm who would’ve never even made it past Kaku without his lineage to ass pull him to victory lol.

Everyone knew Oda was going to ruin Zoro eventually, I remember telling @Cuistot @ShishioIsBack @VersusPhD @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Mr. Anderson etc in Discord that Oda would eventually ruin Zoro by giving him some bullshit lineage, so this isn’t surprising but it’s just as tragic as Oda ruining Luffy, if not even moreso as Zoro was cooler than Luffy at first (despite Zoro himself being generic Shonen trash made to appeal to tweenage idiots).

So yeah, Zoro’s character is ruined lol. Making a thread explaining why you always knew Oda was going to ruin Zoro does not change the point that he is in fact ruined @Den_Den_Mushi
One more thing to add how Zoro's power ups are just as nonsensical as the rest of the cast in this show:

The implications are that Asura is mainfested by CoC. Ok then, that means Zoro could manifest his spirit via CoC since first time he used it to beat Kaku, while he had no control over it whatsoever till he fought King.

What of other characters who are able to actually control CoC before Zoro was in his diapers. No one is pulling 50 arms out of their ass "to manifest" their spirit like the great Zoro.

D

Deleted member 10278

No one is pulling 50 arms out of their ass "to manifest" their spirit like the great Zoro.
You haven’t thought that maybe that’s cause Asura in of itself never had anything to do with CoC? I don’t understand the confusion here, if anything its implied Zoro imbued dormant traces of CoC onto his Asura attack subconsciously rather than anything else. Now we see him using it conciously and the result is the flowing black lightning that is Advanced CoC clad on his swords.

Don’t really see any legitimate justification that says Zoro’s power ups have been nonsensical. The only problem has been the execution, Oda had Zoro fight relative fodder all these years and never made his limits pre wano that clear. Zoro getting CoC in particular was a given, it was just a matter of when and him getting it this arc with the story about to enter its final stage isn’t nonsensical by any stretch of the imagination.

Zoro was already intimidating pre-skip, enough for me to realize he has COC.

He just didn't know how to unleash it to knock down fodders.

Even his advCOC, he is merely trying to give his haki to his three swords. Yet, unconciously emits COC to his surrounding knocking out the fodders.

It's more cool than conciously using COC to k.o. fodders and at the same time funny as fk.

You haven’t thought that maybe that’s cause Asura in of itself never had anything to do with CoC? I don’t understand the confusion here, if anything its implied Zoro imbued dormant traces of CoC onto his Asura attack subconsciously rather than anything else. Now we see him using it conciously and the result is the flowing black lightning that is Advanced CoC clad on his swords.

Don’t really see any legitimate justification that says Zoro’s power ups have been nonsensical. The only problem has been the execution, Oda had Zoro fight relative fodder all these years and never made his limits pre wano that clear. Zoro getting CoC in particular was a given, it was just a matter of when and him getting it this arc with the story about to enter its final stage isn’t nonsensical by any stretch of the imagination.
The problem isn't him getting it, it's how he got it. The implications are that Kaido noticed Zoro's CoC after he used Asura, no reason to assume Asura has nothing to do with CoC after that scene until proven otherwise.

Tell that to Grandmaster Zoro and mihawk fans, they think Grandmaster Zoro won't have CoC
Yes, people make false judgements sometimes, but in this case Zoro-fans were lowballing Zoro as well. Oda has happened to be the biggest Zoro fan boy, making Zoro stall Hakai, scar Kaido and unlock advanced Haoshoku coating to destroy one of the, if not the most durable character we know right now.