Punish users bumping old threads only to mock them (Zoro related, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Punpun

This is a very naive take on this problem. We aren't talking about "nobody hates anybody" and "good fun", which to be honest sounds more like the classic school bully who thought the bullied was having fun too. I've seen virtual persecutions on some users who don't agree with certain stuff, constant mocks and insults (retard, clown, etc. can be read everyday here), tons and tons of threads turned into pages of Zoro versus Sanji and even more serious content (it is unbelivable the amount of homophobic and transphobic content I've seen here posted by fans of Zoro who want to mock Sanji and his followers).

We're reaching a point where this forum is turning into a battlefield for very specific users whose toxicity engulves its whole activity and not only that, but they constitute informal groups for systematic bullying and confrontation. And this is far from normal and certainly not acceptable, I can tell you.
You do realise this that this is online forum not a school. You have the option to not engage with those users.

The way I'm going to do to with your next posts in this thread. Out of sight out of mind.

:gonope:

The person who made this remark isn't me yet you bringing up my name

Get a life.
Post automatically merged:

You are wasting time.

The forum is a mess
Just play the game along

Fight these delusional posts or ignore them
Even ndule doesn't mind it they brought my old threads of King and Kaido well i didn't say a thing @Charlotte Horchata get a life bro

I countered their argument of saying we are right did i insult them ? Did i say anything that hurt them in any way if not then don't quote me
I'm not saying that you insulted them (maybe you did, maybe not, I'm not following your whole routine of posts). What I'm saying is that bumping inactive threads just for the sake of revenge is childish and, in the big picture, fills the forum with garbate that many if not most users don't want to be affected by.

I'm not talking about just bumbping old threads, because as you said there's no rule against it and I indeed find it to be appropiate to keep a discussion that was fueled again thanks to a recent event or new information.

But the cases I'm referring to are these:

Thread without activitiy since november is bumped today by an user who just wants to mock its content:

Same user bumps another thread without activity for a month just to mock an user:

Once again, the same user bumping a thread because of some childish feud with another guy:

Thread without activity since august and this user finds it appropiate to bump it with just a "lol" because it failed to predict a match up involving, of course, Zoro:

Same user bumping an old thread just to laugh at it:

Another one, more than half a year after losign its activity, this same user just bumps it to humiliate the thread:

And all of these belong to the current first page of the Manga section, I don't even want to look in the second one. This isn't sane activity, this is toxicity coming form certain users who "happen to be" Zoro fans who are just making junk posts with the sole purpose of adding fuel to feuds that tarnish the whole forum (since it doesn't matter the thread, you will end up finding some form of Zoro vs Sanji that turns it into a dumpster).

I will start to report these posts, certainly, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this issue from the mods because I personally don't find it acceptable in a forum that is supposed to be a sane place of conversation about a common hobby.
Honestly I don't know why you are surprised by this. This level of mocking is nothing new, either you never saw sanji vs zoro fans mocking each other or you are just biased. Its as said by other users many were mocki g zoro fans by creating threads and nownit backfired. I even remember writing back how it would be better if one could delete or lock there old threads to avoid being mocked.

You do realise this that this is online forum not a school. You have the option to not engage with those users.

The way I'm going to do to with your next posts in this thread. Out of sight out of mind.
Again, naivety. I may leave a discussion for an hour and once I come back there are twenty new pages of Zoro vs Sanji, or I may want to check the new activity in the forum but I need to waste twice the time because toxic users have bumped old threads for the sake of mocking them, and so on; but certainly I have the "option to not engage with those users" who are everywhere.

I'm not saying that you insulted them (maybe you did, maybe not, I'm not following your whole routine of posts). What I'm saying is that bumping inactive threads just for the sake of revenge is childish and, in the big picture, fills the forum with garbate that many if not most users don't want to be affected by.
Honestly I don't know why you are surprised by this. This level of mocking is nothing new, either you never saw sanji vs zoro fans mocking each other or you are just biased. Its as said by other users many were mocki g zoro fans by creating threads and nownit backfired. I even remember writing back how it would be better if one could delete or lock there old threads to avoid being mocked.
:kata:

I'm not surprised, I'm just commenting it. I know how toxic certain fandoms can be but this trend of bumping lots of threads with something like "lol", "lmao", etc. just for the sake of mockery shouldn't be allowed in a proper community.

i agree it’s lame quoting a post i made 4 months ago but i just ignore them
The big bad despicable Zoro fans did it again. Shame on them.

It's not like they've been right about Zoro from the start of Wano and endured others calling them delusional, retards, idiots, and laughing at them. It's quite simple. You reap what you sow.
i’m looking forward to see how zkk threads will fair up in the next few months :wellwell:

If we are gonna be honest, Powerlevels in One Piece are so unpredictable/depending on Plots that pretty much everyone had an opinion or two that Oda shat on and made them look like morons even if said Opinion was reasonable at the time

Even "respected" One Piece "Debaters" like Corus had a lot of Opinions that aged extremely poorly and makes him look like a moron if it was said today

It's why I say you should never be too sure regarding One Piece Powerlevels because Oda can make your Essays look retarded in just one Chapter

Most if not all bumped threads were made only to downplay/insult Zoro and Zoro-fans. We have every moral right to do the same to authors like Ndule or Chrono. Of course if some threads were serious then it's not right.
Two clarifications here:

"Moral right" shouldn't be an excuse for childish junk-posting, especially because the person affected is, ultimately, the user who has nothing to do with it. And we're supposed to be all adults, for God's sake; let's act like one. "Oooh, this user I will never meet in person made a thread mocking a cartoon character, I need to mock it back". Sounds laughable, for real.

It isn't as easy as saying "well, this is a serious thread, then it's okay". I'm no Zoro hater nor Sanji fan, and on some occasions when I've shared an honest opinion on an issue regarding those two, with no mockery intent nor downplay, I've been blatantly attacked for it. And that happens because the moderation is soft with the toxicity of some users and the gangs and feuds that have arised in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.