General & Others Rate the One Piece Manga Overall

Rate One Piece

• Total voters
This is a fucking joke , what the fuck is this forum smoking , naruto ???? Natuto is 8 and op is 6 ? Wtf
Post automatically merged:

If there is a manga that deserves 10 then surely it will be one piece

Complex and deep story and characters , super nuanced world building and politics,
It’s flaws is something normal to a human work , but of course it has less flaws than other manga.
Pre-timeskip 10
Post timeskip 9 because of onigashima and some choices in punk hazard and fishmen
Overall 10

Literally nobody in the world is seeing that naruto is better written manga than op , wake up ,

while op is seen as the best manga ever written, naruto is literally nothing , it is not even a 7/10 manga , one piece is a fucking high level literature, you are a joke

I want to cry

BS , it is not about theories, it is about what luffy’s character was written to be , so wait

He is rating the whole manga

BS , the manga is 10/10 , it is funny how you are talking about those who rated it 10 and ignored those who rated it 6 and 5 just because they are some naruto or Aot fanboys, chill dude , don’t try to act smart is if you analyzing the situation, this forum is filled with subjective fanboys, for some reason they made an account on this sub to insult one piece lol ,

they aren’t even trying to make their arguments believable

if we are saying that op is 9.5/10
Then naruto is 7/10
Hxh is 9/10
Aot is 8/10 (8.5 before the ending)
You are having serious issues.

Stop putting so much of your self-esteem on a mere manga series and how other fans rate it.

As for your "OP is seen as the best manga ever written!!! " nonsense - wake up.

There are a ton of better written mangas. Only take Berserk for example. Hardly anyone who has read Berserk will say that OP is better written (at least not with a straight face). Same with HxH, if you leave out Togashi's health issues. It's just better.

OP is a nice and fun read with a lot of nostalgia attached to it, that's it.

I know it’s off topic but how would you rate FT? I’m just interested
From Chapter 1 to GMG Day 3/4 a 8/10.Edolas and some Nirvana Parts were uninteresting for me.

GMG Day 5-Dragon Invasion Arc 3/10.

Tartaros Arc 7/10.Mard Geer was a 10/10

First half of Alvarez was good,but after U1,it dropped down.4/10 overall

100YQ is for now 7-8/10 for me

From Chapter 1 to GMG Day 3/4 a 8/10.Edolas and some Nirvana Parts were uninteresting for me.

GMG Day 5-Dragon Invasion Arc 3/10.

Tartaros Arc 7/10.Mard Geer was a 10/10

First half of Alvarez was good,but after U1,it dropped down.4/10 overall

100YQ is for now 7-8/10 for me
I think exactly the same. I really liked Silver in the Tartaros Arc. The only difference is that 100YQ is a 5.5/10 for me.

You are having serious issues.

Stop putting so much of your self-esteem on a mere manga series and how other fans rate it.

As for your "OP is seen as the best manga ever written!!! " nonsense - wake up.

There are a ton of better written mangas. Only take Berserk for example. Hardly anyone who has read Berserk will say that OP is better written (at least not with a straight face). Same with HxH, if you leave out Togashi's health issues. It's just better.

OP is a nice and fun read with a lot of nostalgia attached to it, that's it.
No bullshit , you are living in a cave , it is the opposite, you will hardly find people who read hxh , op and berserk, and say that these two are better written than op , you are just delusional, it have nothing to do with nostalgia, because this is the problem, the “nostalgic” people watch it for fights , I don’t know if we can call them people

7/10

I think that's a fair score. A lot of earlier One Piece is amazing, would square it up against the best arcs of Naruto, Bleach, YYH or Rurouni Kenshin. But the longer it goes on the more issues I have with it. Which is fair, every series ends up degrading with time. It's only impressive it took One Piece about 700 to 800 chapters before the quality sunk when its contemporaries in the Big Three really stumbled bad at 300 (Bleach) and 550 (Naruto).

Oda does a good enough job to get us all excited for new plot points and we're still hooked on about 5 major plotlines from 2001. So I imagine this score will go up or down depending on how Oda concludes those long standing threads. Though I'll be honest, with how Onigashima has been handled, I'm not excited to see what Oda has in store for Blackbeard or the World Gov.
Let’s suppose that these are the chapters were the Big three went down , are you really comparing then in quality before that ? What kind of fucked up mind you have ?

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
7/10

I think that's a fair score. A lot of earlier One Piece is amazing, would square it up against the best arcs of Naruto, Bleach, YYH or Rurouni Kenshin. But the longer it goes on the more issues I have with it. Which is fair, every series ends up degrading with time. It's only impressive it took One Piece about 700 to 800 chapters before the quality sunk when its contemporaries in the Big Three really stumbled bad at 300 (Bleach) and 550 (Naruto).

Oda does a good enough job to get us all excited for new plot points and we're still hooked on about 5 major plotlines from 2001. So I imagine this score will go up or down depending on how Oda concludes those long standing threads. Though I'll be honest, with how Onigashima has been handled, I'm not excited to see what Oda has in store for Blackbeard or the World Gov.
How do you rate Naruto and Bleach?

Pre skip - 9.5/10
Post skip - 5.5/10

So overall it's sitting at 7.5/10 I guess. Since it's not over it can go up or down. The conclusion of a story weighs heavily for me.

For context, Bleach is 4/10, Naruto 5/10 (both dogshit conclusions), HxH 9/10 (unfinished though).
Naruto deserves more credit. Sure the War Arc was a flop (not the worst thing ever though), but pretty much all the other arcs were great

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Naruto deserves more credit. Sure the War Arc was a flop (not the worst thing ever though), but pretty much all the other arcs were great
The issue is the war arc took a piss on the rest of the story that came before it.

It's like the legend of Korra S2, it's not just doing damage to 1 arc or saga it's trying to bury everything that came before it.

Aside from that the the main characters who take up majority of the screen time are abysmal aside from Kakashi. Naruto is out here hyper ventilating at the mention of Sasuke, Sasuke is going through his period the entire series flip flopping his personality every 10 chapters, and Sakura is well...Sakura. Very unlikable main cast. And the rest of the K11 aside from Shikamaru are pretty much nobodies in Shippuden.

The entire backbone of Naruto hinges on Naruto and Sasuke's friendship and yet Kishi only knows how to tell but not show. They hardly came off as friends. Compare the writing there to the rift between Usopp and Luffy and the emotional impact you felt from them splitting apart, it's heaven and earth.

Despite all that I still do like Naruto because it's loaded with amazing side characters, and amazing fights (Sasuke carried a chunk of shippuden in this regard). But I can't bring myself to give it a better rating because of the things I mentioned (and there's more). That doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the series, I'm just trying to be objective.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Compare the writing there to the rift between Usopp and Luffy and the emotional impact you felt from them splitting apart, it's heaven and earth.
I disagree with this, but it's most likely subjective. I couldn't have cared less when Usopp 'left' the crew. In my opinion, One Piece lacks that emotional impact aspect. On the other hand Naruto is loaded with it. From the start imo. All the way back when Iruka stands up for Naruto against Mizuki, to Zabuza and Haku, Lee's endeavour vs Gaara, final valley 1, Itachi's story, Itachi's death, Naruto meeting his parents, Jiraiya's death, Sasuke learning the truth, Kakashi's story, etc. These were just off the top of my head. If there is a category where Naruto is clearly better it's imo the emotional impact.

Last edited:
The issue is the war arc took a piss on the rest of the story that came before it.

It's like the legend of Korra S2, it's not just doing damage to 1 arc or saga it's trying to bury everything that came before it.

Aside from that the the main characters who take up majority of the screen time are abysmal aside from Kakashi. Naruto is out here hyper ventilating at the mention of Sasuke, Sasuke is going through his period the entire series flip flopping his personality every 10 chapters, and Sakura is well...Sakura. Very unlikable main cast. And the rest of the K11 aside from Shikamaru are pretty much nobodies in Shippuden.

The entire backbone of Naruto hinges on Naruto and Sasuke's friendship and yet Kishi only knows how to tell but not show. They hardly came off as friends. Compare the writing there to the rift between Usopp and Luffy and the emotional impact you felt from them splitting apart, it's heaven and earth.

Despite all that I still do like Naruto because it's loaded with amazing side characters, and amazing fights (Sasuke carried a chunk of shippuden in this regard). But I can't bring myself to give it a better rating because of the things I mentioned (and there's more). That doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the series, I'm just trying to be objective.
What would you rate the series if Kishimoto pulled a Togashi and stopped writing Naruto after the Kage Summit Arc?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I disagree with this, but it's most likely subjective. I couldn't care less when Usopp 'left' the crew. In my opinion, One Piece lacks that emotional impact aspect. On the other hand Naruto is loaded with it. From the start imo. All the way back when Iruka stands up for Naruto against Mizuki, to Zabuza and Haku, Lee's endeavour vs Gaara, final valley 1, Itachi's story, Itachi's death, Naruto meeting his parents, Jiraiya's death, Sasuke learning the truth, Kakashi's story, etc. These were just off the top of my head. If there is a category where Naruto is clearly better it's imo the emotional impact.
Yea maybe, I never got that from Naruto. Like I said I think what I wanted from Kishi is a show not tell approach. He's telling me Naruto and Sasuke are these blood brothers but I'm not buying it. And that's like backbone of the story right there.

What would you rate the series if Kishimoto pulled a Togashi and stopped writing Naruto after the Kage Summit Arc?
8/10.

Because even if the main characters and their motives are absolute garbage. The arcs by themselves are great, Naruto imo has better arcs than One Piece. The issues arise from a lack of good writing around the main cast. The supporting characters are carrying the arcs.

I guess I would give it a 9, if team 7 wasn't a travesty.

Last edited:
Yea maybe, I never got that from Naruto. Like I said I think what I wanted from Kishi is a show not tell approach. He's telling me Naruto and Sasuke are these blood brothers but I'm not buying it. And that's like backbone of the story right there.

8/10.

Because even if the main characters and their motives are absolute garbage. The arcs by themselves are great, Naruto imo has better arcs than One Piece. The issues arise from a lack of good writing around the main cast. The supporting characters are carrying the arcs.

I guess I would give it a 9, if team 7 wasn't a travesty.
8 and 9 for naruto ? Wtf are you smoking ? What kind of powerscaler are you lol

I disagree with this, but it's most likely subjective. I couldn't have cared less when Usopp 'left' the crew. In my opinion, One Piece lacks that emotional impact aspect. On the other hand Naruto is loaded with it. From the start imo. All the way back when Iruka stands up for Naruto against Mizuki, to Zabuza and Haku, Lee's endeavour vs Gaara, final valley 1, Itachi's story, Itachi's death, Naruto meeting his parents, Jiraiya's death, Sasuke learning the truth, Kakashi's story, etc. These were just off the top of my head. If there is a category where Naruto is clearly better it's imo the emotional impact.
It depends on the kind of reader you are , if you care about depth and nuance then you will go for one piece , if you just want cheap tragedy without any real meaning or realism, then you will go for naruto , that’s why most kids go for it, because it is simple and cheap