General & Others Rate the One Piece Manga Overall

Rate One Piece

• Total voters
Lol , don’t lie to yourself
Post automatically merged:

Op is superior in terms of character writing , story , literally most of the aspects, you are a powerscaler , how can you know anything about writing ?
smh, i can't really take you seriously if you really believe all that shit that you wrote.

smh, i can't really take you seriously if you really believe all that shit that you wrote.
Bullshit , iam saying the truth , if one piece was really a good read for you , you wouldn’t have blind about its feats .

and wtf are you talking about , you are just a powerscaler , which means you are rating the mangas on the overall enjoyment, not on the writing or depth , so don’t say a good read , you are just a subjective hater .

and again saying that what i said is shit proves that you don’t know shit about character writing

Last edited:
Pre skip - 9.5/10
Post skip - 5.5/10

So overall it's sitting at 7.5/10 I guess. Since it's not over it can go up or down. The conclusion of a story weighs heavily for me.

For context, Bleach is 4/10, Naruto 5/10 (both dogshit conclusions), HxH 9/10 (unfinished though).
I'm on this sentiment, but I put post closer to 7.5, with the prospect of the conclusion being as good or even better than what has come before because it's what Oda claims to be building to (something we've never read before/emotional conclusion)

Of course, it won't be perfect though. But post-Wano is going to be very interesting (will tell us where the series is meant to be going with x characters and why).

Basically if the potential is the ending has not changed with the same characters/antagonists/etc (Revos, Vegapunk, Kuma, Blackbeard, Akainu, Im, Shanks), then it can end up better than pre-timeskip. Emphasis on can

8/10

Story - Average for a shonen, not really anything groundbreaking but still enjoyable - 6/10
Characters - Main characters are good just has an issue with overstayed side characters - 8/10
World and lore - I do love the OP world and lore - 10/10

its hard and my experience with wano has be raw and filled with holes.

but until Wano
i'd give it a "Idk somewhere around 8 or 9" /10

if i rewatch OP it's Likely gonna be 10 coz recency bias and i Likely wouldn't focus much on the trivial flaws.

10/10. Easily the best manga that I have read. Obviously, it has flaws, but for me it has been consistently good.

Pros:
Amazing Worldbuilding
Enjoyable Characters (although I do feel as though Oda should bring more focus back to the Strawhats)
Incredible Plot
Great Callbacks
Really good hidden details
Both simple and complex
Long epic journey full of twists and turns
Comedy is sometimes really good
Hype

Cons:
Lately not enough focus on SHs (especially Chopper and Usopp)
Too many Post Timeskip fights are skipped
The anime adaptation sucks Post Timeskip (not completely Oda’s fault, but he did choose Toei)
Oda makes too many Top Tiers look like jokes (Big Mom, Kaido, and Green Bull); seriously, Kaido’s crew was pathetic
The Strawhats never really feel in danger (Baron Omatsuri was one of the few times that there felt like there were actual stakes and, unfortunately it is noncanon)
Fake out character deaths make it hard to tell when someone actually dies

All of these criticisms are my own personal gripes with an otherwise fantastic series. I have criticisms of EVERY manga that I have read, which includes many shonens and some seinen. Also, just because OP is at the top, doesn’t mean that I don’t love other manga series.

Post skip 2/10
Preskip 9/10
Overall like a 6/10

Pre skip - 9.5/10
Post skip - 5.5/10

So overall it's sitting at 7.5/10 I guess. Since it's not over it can go up or down. The conclusion of a story weighs heavily for me.

For context, Bleach is 4/10, Naruto 5/10 (both dogshit conclusions), HxH 9/10 (unfinished though).
Bruh, Naruto's last arc is bad but the ending was decent. I mean we got a good Naruto vs Sasuke fight and a wholesome ending, what more do you want lol.

Hard to say overall, it’s not finished yet. Right now at this point it’s how Oda ties all this together. I still consider it a 9 out of 10 for how excellent pre timeskip was, and I’m still reading it this long and enjoying it a lot. The whole feeling from plot to art style, for me it’s just an iconic manga with quality.

Do I get frustrated sometimes from the shonen cliches that only amplified during timeskip? Most definitely, but that’s exactly what it is, a shonen aimed at teenage boys and it has its own formula to that