Discussion Power RoR Power Level General.

Yeah I agree lol. I try to base it on portayal but then you have every single dude being called unmatched under the heavens, the strongest human, the god of destruction, unparalleled in all existence etc lmao. It gets very messy.
Indeed. In most other series, they start small and work their way up the metaphorical food chain thus giving the reader a grounding within the verse.

RoR immediately goes balls deep and mercilessly tosses the reader into a conflict between top tiers right from the get go because that is basically what every RoR fighter contextually is, a top tier.

I get why RoR is the way it is but that still doesn't change the difficulty in power scaling it. Lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Indeed. In most other series, they start small and work their way up the metaphorical food chain thus giving the reader a grounding within the verse.

RoR immediately goes balls deep and mercilessly tosses the reader into a conflict between top tiers right from the get go because that is basically what every RoR fighter contextually is, a top tier.

I get why RoR is the way it is but that still doesn't change the difficulty in power scaling it. Lol.
Yeah my point exactly lol.

What I do think is that Adam has an advantage against most of the opponents. The man outsped someone who surpassed time lmfao. If he can retain the techniques he copied then all he's gotta do is copy the others' abilities and boom he's the strongest lol.

Last edited:
Yeah my point exactly lol.

What I do think is that Adam has an advantage against most of the opponents. The man outsped someone who surpassed time lmfao. If he can retain the techniques he copied then all he's gotta do is copy the others' abilities and bum he's the strongest lol.
Yeah, no official limit has actually been placed on that ability other than the time Zeus overwhelmed it with sheer might and the overuse of the ability permanently blinded Adam and even then it was an exceedingly close victory for Zeus to pull off (and nobody else seemingly comes close to Zeus for sheer might anyway).

I initially assumed that Adam could only copy martial arts techniques that were compatible with his body but nope, the broken bitch can apparently even manipulate his damn body to mimic others. Lol. Damn snake man scene.

Anyway, when it comes to Eyes of the Lord, I do not think it would be unreasonable to assume that;

I) Adam cannot copy Volund specific powers such as Jack's.

II) While Adam can seemingly manipulate already existing body parts to mimic certain techniques (e.g. Adam's nails vs the Serpent), he cannot create entirely new body parts (e.g. if a technique requires four arms, Adam ain't copying that).

III) Adam cannot copy purely mental abilities such as Sasaki's scanning prowess or Buddha's Enlightenment.

IV) Adam cannot copy techniques that require an item (e.g. Buddha's staff).

Otherwise, Adam quickly becomes the Yhwach of Ragnarok. Lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Anyway, when it comes to Eyes of the Lord, I do not think it would be unreasonable to assume that;

I) Adam cannot copy Volund specific powers such as Jack's.

II) While Adam can seemingly manipulate already existing body parts to mimic certain techniques (e.g. Adam's nails vs the Serpent), he cannot create entirely new body parts (e.g. if a technique requires four arms, Adam ain't copying that).

III) Adam cannot copy purely mental abilities such as Sasaki's scanning prowess or Buddha's Enlightenment.

IV) Adam cannot copy techniques that require an item (e.g. Buddha's staff).
Yes this makes sense. Otherwise what's the point lmfao? I think Adam is capable of copying techniques irregardless of their speed and power but not mental ones, like you mentioned. Buddha's powers can only be achieved by the Enlightened one so I think Adam won't be able to copy it.

Interesting thing I remembered about Adam though. Only his volund, the knuckleduster had no special power lmao. Other than naturally making him hit a bit harder like any knuckleduster. But for example
- Lu Bu's Sky Piercer was given the ability to break any armor thanks to Randgriz and her special power
- Sasaki's weapon was given the power by Hrist to transform into two separate blades after having been shattered previously
- Jack's gloves can turn any object he touches into a divine item thanks to Hlokk
- Raiden is granted the ability to use all his strength, unhindered by his rare medical condition, as well as gaining full control of his muscles, allowing him to even shift their mass freely throughout his body thanks to Prudr

Adam though error 404 lol. Special power cannot be found. Was this a nerf lmfao?

Last edited:
That makes sense lol.

Forgive me for not going back and reading, but who do you think is the strongest from the God’s side and why?
Imo Zeus is probably the strongest. He can surpass time with his attacks. He's the chairman of the council. But I also think Buddha is amazingly strong, heck maybe even stronger tbh. It depends on a lot of things, and some Gods might be hiding their power, like Odin for instance, or Hermes, but a safe bet imo is that Zeus and Buddha are the top.

Also found this tiermaker for ROR if anyone wants to use it.

https://tiermaker.com/create/record-of-ragnarok-tier-list-641883
This.

Zeus, Poseidon, Thor, and Buddha are the most impressive Gods so far.

Zeus > Time, so there.

Poseidon got that divine swagger, lmao, and is the quickest & the most skillful of the gods so far.

Thor is neither as quick as Poseidon nor be above time like Zeus, but far dwarves them both in pure strength.

But, yes, Buddha might prove himself to be Top 1. :cheers:

This list is pretty accurate for the first eight fighters.
Nah, Poseidon is waaaaay too low. And I disagree with placing Thor above Kojiro, especially post-R3 Kojiro.

I don't even think I would place Thor above Poseidon, by the way. I would probably rank them within the same number since Thor is waaay stronger but Poseidon is waaaay quicker.

Jack should likely be the lowest ranked, too, since he depends heavily on the London arena. Pit him elsewhere like the Sea arena or normal arena, he goes down like he is paid to lose.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So his list is;

8) Heracles.
7) Lu Bu.
6) Poseidon.
5) Jack.
4) Kojiro.
3) Thor.
2) Adam.
1) Zeus.

Eh, I think Jack is bit high. I would have him at 7th. Lol.
An argument can be made that Jack wouldn’t have ever stood a chance against Heracles (the consensus weakest God), if the arena weren’t designed to match London lol. So Jack may actually be the real weakest here.

Nah, Poseidon is waaaaay too low. And I disagree with placing Thor above Kojiro, especially post-R3 Kojiro.

I don't even think I would place Thor above Poseidon, by the way. I would probably rank them within the same number since Thor is waaay stronger but Poseidon is waaaay quicker.

Jack should likely be the lowest ranked, too, since he depends heavily on the London arena. Pit him elsewhere like the Sea arena or normal arena, he goes down like he is paid to lose.
I was never really impressed by Poseidon’s strength. I think Heracles impressed me more than Poseidon who really had nothing aside from quickness. I think by portrayal he might be above Thor just because of his relation to Zeus but even this is tenuous because of Thor’s relation to Odin who looks to be as strong as Zeus anyway lol. I’m in the minority I guess but I don’t see Poseidon withstanding any of Thor’s attacks while I think Thor can probably endure quite a few of his.

An argument can be made that Jack wouldn’t have ever stood a chance against Heracles (the consensus weakest God), if the arena weren’t designed to match London lol. So Jack may actually be the real weakest here.
Yeah, that makes sense. Jack is a rather situational fighter whose capabilities against an opponent are at their greatest when he has both a suitable environment and the element of surprise in regards to his Volund.

When he has neither, his threat level goes down considerably.

Even with all the cards stacked towards Jack's favour, he still almost got killed by Heracles.

So yeah, him being the weakest fighter in a straight 1v1 does make a lot of sense. Lol.

I was never really impressed by Poseidon’s strength. I think Heracles impressed me more than Poseidon who really had nothing aside from quickness. I think by portrayal he might be above Thor just because of his relation to Zeus but even this is tenuous because of Thor’s relation to Odin who looks to be as strong as Zeus anyway lol. I’m in the minority I guess but I don’t see Poseidon withstanding any of Thor’s attacks while I think Thor can probably endure quite a few of his.
While the manga made it seem like speed was all Poseidon got going for him, I think we need to keep in mind that he was taking on Kojiro's infinite evolution.

Which means, it was not only speed that Poseidon showed, but also unreal reaction time. Neither Thor nor Heracles were shown to display any speed and reaction time close to Poseidon in the manga. Which is why, I think, he would likely win had he taken them on. Heck, he would have likely won if he had taken Kojiro seriously from the beginning.

I actually think Poseidon would lose to Adam or Zeus only because of their hax (movement copying and time transcendence thingy). Physical movements wise, Poseidon is still the most impressive of The Divinity shown so far.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Neither Thor nor Heracles were shown to display any speed and reaction time close to Poseidon in the manga. Which is why, I think, he would likely win had he taken them on.
On the flip side, Poseidon does seem unimpressive in terms of durability and raw power. I could see him beating Thor through speed and precision attacks but if he takes one hit, the fight is over lol. Probably against Heracles too, who actually showed some impressive reaction in terms of the sheer number of attacks he was blocking from Jack all at once. Poseidon beats them through speed and skill but gets outmatched in brute strength/endurance.

On the flip side, Poseidon does seem unimpressive in terms of durability and raw power. I could see him beating Thor through speed and precision attacks but if he takes one hit, the fight is over lol. Probably against Heracles too, who actually showed some impressive reaction in terms of the sheer number of attacks he was blocking from Jack all at once. Poseidon beats them through speed and skill but gets outmatched in brute strength/endurance.
Yeah, I think this is an accurate description. Regardless, Poseidon did show impressive tenacity and endurance even after losing both arms (he would probably have chalked it under his "a God doesn't need to feel pain because pain is for lesser beings" bullshit, though, had he survived).

I think Poseidon's speed advantage against the likes of Thor or Heracles (who are physically stronger) also means his advantage in the amount of attacks he could unleash all at once (Jack or Lu Bu didn't reach that kind of attack speed) whereas neither Heracles nor Thor could attack everywhere all at once. Nonetheless, Poseidon's lack of durability, I think, also stemmed from his Perfection bullshit, cause I the five hits Kojiro scored on him were likely the only five hits he had ever received in all his life. So, although he could ignore the pain, he could not ignore how less effective he became after losing limbs (unlike, say, Heracles).

Now that I have mentioned this, I think I should also say that Lu Bu was underwhelming in terms of effectiveness, don't you agree? I mean, he is the physically strongest human fighter (even above Buddha in terms of raw power so far, imo) but he didn't land any critical hit on Thor. At least Adam made Zeus a cripple and Raiden took off three arms from Shiva. After their fight, Thor was was no worse for wear whereas Zeus and Shiva would have died from being attacked by an enraged army, lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Now that I have mentioned this, I think I should also say that Lu Bu was underwhelming in terms of effectiveness, don't you agree? I mean, he is the physically strongest human fighter (even above Buddha in terms of raw power so far, imo) but he didn't land any critical hit on Thor.
Is that a slight to Lu Bu, or a testament to how much of a monster Thor is? Like you said, Lu Bu was physically the strongest human but even with Volund he wasn’t capable of critically wounding Thor, I’m sure Lu Bu could’ve killed him if he got a proper hit in but Thor is just a beast man lol. I don’t see him losing to any of the human fighters bar maybe Kojiro and possibly Buddha (though Buddha is a demigod like Herc lol).

I don’t really see what benefit Adam’s eyes would have against Thor, copying Thor’s techniques will do Adam no good when Adam fights with his fists, and Jack without London at his disposal won’t pose much of a threat to any God. So I don’t hold it against Lu Bu that he couldn’t critically wound Thor lol.

I think the deal with Thor vs Lu Bu was for it to be the opening "Oh hot damn, shit is real and people are getting fatally brutalised" moment for the reader.

Thor pretty much dominated Lu Bu for the most part. He is also the only God to have forced a Valkyrie out of their Volund form.
Lu Bu's strongest attack can split the entire arse sky better than two Yonkos can even without use of a Volund.

Thor did not just overpower such an attack, he completely fucked up Lu Bu's arms and shattered Randgriz's Volund form all in one mighty blow. Note that Thor is thus far the only deity to have forced a Valkyrie out of Volund form.
Lu Bu is not a pushover and he does actually have both good feats and high portrayal.

Thor simply has higher portrayal. Lol.

Is that a slight to Lu Bu, or a testament to how much of a monster Thor is? Like you said, Lu Bu was physically the strongest human but even with Volund he wasn’t capable of critically wounding Thor, I’m sure Lu Bu could’ve killed him if he got a proper hit in but Thor is just a beast man lol. I don’t see him losing to any of the human fighters bar maybe Kojiro and possibly Buddha (though Buddha is a demigod like Herc lol).
Fair point, but I should have clarified:

- Adam broke Zeus's neck and remade the old fucker's face (before dying)
- Kojiro sliced off Poseidon's arms (before killing the God of Gods outright)
- Jack cut off Heracles's arm (before his eventual win)
- Raiden took off three of Shiva's arms (before dying)

The thing is, Lu Bu never inflicted any injury anywhere near the other human fighters did to the Gods. All he did was aiming for Thor's upper torso and left several cuts (instead of, say, aiming for Thor's legs or arms). No disrespect to Thor, but he was a big dude, so he likely was more used to evading attacks directed to his head or torso than attacks directed to his limbs.

I don’t really see what benefit Adam’s eyes would have against Thor, copying Thor’s techniques will do Adam no good when Adam fights with his fists, and Jack without London at his disposal won’t pose much of a threat to any God. So I don’t hold it against Lu Bu that he couldn’t critically wound Thor lol.
Wait, I'm pretty sure Adam's eyes only allowed him to copy moves, though? Doesn't that mean, all his speed, strength, and reaction time are something he had anyway outside of his eyes?

Thor was superb, but not time transcending superb. Zeus used his time transcendence and Adam still blitzed him outright. That means "Adam > Zeus > Time".

Sorry, mate, but even with Geirrod Thor's Hammer, I think Adam takes the fight with Thor mid-diff.

No argument against the case with Jack, though.

I think the deal with Thor vs Lu Bu was for it to be the opening "Oh hot damn, shit is real and people are getting fatally brutalised" moment for the reader.

Thor pretty much dominated Lu Bu for the most part. He is also the only God to have forced a Valkyrie out of their Volund form.

Lu Bu is not a pushover and he does actually have both good feats and high portrayal.

Thor simply has higher portrayal. Lol.
While I understood that the first fight was meant to set up the tone, what I did not understand was why Brun would have made the physically strongest human to be her sacrificial lion (since she seemed to have predicted that Lu Bu would have lost).

Zeus outplayed her on the second round, but if it were me, I would put Raiden on R1 to fight Thor and Lu Bu on R4 to fight Shiva. Raiden was decisively less impressive than Lu Bu, anyway, so making Raiden the sacrificial lion against Thor seemed to have been smarter. After all, Lu Bu's spear and horse would have given him an enormous advantage against a melee fighter like Shiva.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Sorry, mate, but even with Geirrod Thor's Hammer, I think Adam takes the fight with Thor mid-diff.
After he copied Zues’ fist? Maybe if Thor is less durable than Zeus which is unlikely given the Lu Bu stuff like we discussed earlier. Otherwise, Adam’s eyes will provide him no protection against Thor.

If Adam can break Zeus’ neck in that manner, Lu Bu can surely do worse bro.

After he copied Zues’ fist? Maybe if Thor is less durable than Zeus which is unlikely given the Lu Bu stuff like we discussed earlier. Otherwise, Adam’s eyes will provide him no protection against Thor.

If Adam can break Zeus’ neck in that manner, Lu Bu can surely do worse bro.
But, that's kinda my point. While Adam's eyes offer him nothing against Thor, his speed and strength alone would have been enough to contend against Thor (whose raw power far surpasses his own speed).

Lu Bu actually should have inflicted far worse injuries on Thor. The fact that he did not makes him feel like he spent his time posturing.

Admittedly, it is difficult to gauge Thor's endurance or durability, but I assume he can still fight even if he were to at least lose a limb.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
But, that's kinda my point. While Adam's eyes offer him nothing against Thor, his speed and strength alone would have been enough to contend against Thor (whose raw power far surpasses his own speed).
I don’t see Adam that way lol. If he were so fast that his punches could stop time, why would he need to copy the move from Zeus in the first place? It’s just a punch, nothing special about it technique wise, it’s the ability to stop time that makes it dangerous. If Adam were already that fast, why would he need to copy Zeus you know?

Lu Bu actually should have inflicted far worse injuries on Thor. The fact that he did not makes him feel like he spent his time posturing.
I don’t think of Lu Bu like that lol. Like he wasn’t pulling a Jack the Ripper and trying to slowly wear Herc down, he and Thor were legit slugging it out and trying to beat each other with each strike. I think Thor is just that beastly. He is much physically stronger than Poseidon who didn’t flinch from losing both arms as you said, so I imagine Thor is capable of enduring much worse.

Last edited: