[FNZ] Role Madness Round 08: Tokyo Ghoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

So the reason why I specifically listed Kiwi, Cinera, and Celestia was because they matched the people I wanted to go after. The guys that were watching the Bo vs TAC argument. I wouldn't say they were skirting around it cause they didn't. All 3 gave thoughts on the matter. I would say that Cinera looks the best out of the 3. At this time, Kiwi was the one who I thought looked to be worse, but as you know now, my read on her has changed! Let's look into why.

Kiwi
My initial suspicion had to do with how reserved she was. Like TAC pointed out, she isn't being assertive. She has been more on the fence considering her reads(until the last post). All these things pinged me and triggered my FoS. I decided to go back and look into her games as scum to see if the meta changed. Guess what? They didn't! In Finalbeta's and the Dressrosa game, she was a lot more assertive, had a much bigger impact in the discussion, thus my read went from scum to town. But, I wanted to check out another game of hers when she was town to again, see if the meta matched. It didn't! In the Bachelor game, she was vanilla and oh my, she put in work. She had reads and wasn't afraid to show them. She got into arguments, made her points(good ones btw), and didn't back down. She was being very, very proactive. When you compare her play this game and to that one, they're basically polar opposites. Now, I've got this neutral read because her meta from scum don't match, and meta from town don't match. BUT. In the games that she was scum in, she was indie. Indie playstyle compared to mafia playstyle are usually different because of the different circumstances involved.

How so? Most of this phase so far is just TAC vs Bogard. But I'll explain my thoughts about it again I guess. I said it earlier that I don't understand Bogard's argument too well. I'll reread it again more carefully this time but from my impression, Bogard was ready to pick a fight with TAC from the get go.

Just look at this, TAC hops in and barely said anything warranting suspicion and Bogard already jumped onto him

So to me, it looks like Bogard was planning to nitpick TAC's posts from the start. But on the flip side, I don't see why mafia would start a weak push for a lynch so early. He will only draw suspicion on himself when TAC flips town, so to me, Bogard looks like a townie that truly believes he caught a slip.

And then there's Drago. He seems townie to me, active, investigating, he was the first to analyze the Bogard vs TAC situation and I agree with his stance. I do see that he is trying to provoke a reaction from me, and I think that's just part of his strategy to scumhunt. My only point about Drago is he was very nitpicky with Celestia about the "fake" vs "forced" argument. Feels like he is taking something trivial and trying to make it bigger than it needs to be

Moving on, there's a lot of players so I'm not gonna make an analysis of everyone. But someone that stood out to me was Don who said multiple times that scum are quiet. That's almost as if he is trying to push an agenda and draw attention specifically to the more quiet users.

I might give a list later with the remaining users. Most haven't said much yet tho so I'm kind of neutral. I wanna look more into the people who jumped onto the "Bogard is bad!" bandwagon. I'll do that in a bit

Why you think so?
Now, I must say, I do like this post from her. I understand what she's trying to say about Bogard and it does make sense. Bogard did look like he was ready to nitpick against TAC but that particular aggressive playstyle isn't very indicative of scum. It's an illogical way to play from a mafia perspective.

If I had to pick a side, I will lean town on Kiwi. Now, onto Celestia.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
So the reason why I specifically listed Kiwi, Cinera, and Celestia was because they matched the people I wanted to go after. The guys that were watching the Bo vs TAC argument. I wouldn't say they were skirting around it cause they didn't. All 3 gave thoughts on the matter. I would say that Cinera looks the best out of the 3. At this time, Kiwi was the one who I thought looked to be worse, but as you know now, my read on her has changed! Let's look into why.

Kiwi
My initial suspicion had to do with how reserved she was. Like TAC pointed out, she isn't being assertive. She has been more on the fence considering her reads(until the last post). All these things pinged me and triggered my FoS. I decided to go back and look into her games as scum to see if the meta changed. Guess what? They didn't! In Finalbeta's and the Dressrosa game, she was a lot more assertive, had a much bigger impact in the discussion, thus my read went from scum to town. But, I wanted to check out another game of hers when she was town to again, see if the meta matched. It didn't! In the Bachelor game, she was vanilla and oh my, she put in work. She had reads and wasn't afraid to show them. She got into arguments, made her points(good ones btw), and didn't back down. She was being very, very proactive. When you compare her play this game and to that one, they're basically polar opposites. Now, I've got this neutral read because her meta from scum don't match, and meta from town don't match. BUT. In the games that she was scum in, she was indie. Indie playstyle compared to mafia playstyle are usually different because of the different circumstances involved.

Now, I must say, I do like this post from her. I understand what she's trying to say about Bogard and it does make sense. Bogard did look like he was ready to nitpick against TAC but that particular aggressive playstyle isn't very indicative of scum. It's an illogical way to play from a mafia perspective.

You sure flipfloppin a lot on kiwi. Lol

Looking someone's game from outside to pick his/her meta is totally different from actually playing with someone and then picking up meta.

Kiwi meta till that last post was a bit defensive and diplomatic which not her usual townie game play. It was Only when I quoted her that she responded in her townie meta.

@Reborn you say that Beta has been playing safe. How so?
Not safe like maintaining distance. He did show eagerness to place his opinion on Bogard with boldness

But safe in sense that he is lacking his usual aggressiveness.

D

Dragomir

You sure flipfloppin a lot on kiwi. Lol

Kiwi meta till that last post was a bit defensive and diplomatic which not her usual townie game play. It was Only when I quoted her that she responded in her townie meta.
I am. What's your point?

Why don't you try looking at her scum meta instead of just focusing on the town meta? It is wrong to cherry pick someone's playstyle and only look at their town meta to come up with a scum. You have to look at everything in order to have an unbiased read. You're right that she wasn't playing like her town meta but she wasn't for her scum meta either. Thus a neutral read is the only fair read one can have. But I'm leaning town anyway based on her last post.
Not safe like maintaining distance. He did show eagerness to place his opinion on Bogard with boldness

But safe in sense that he is lacking his usual aggressiveness.
Maintaining what distance? Distance from what interaction or thing?

Eh. He's playing the same way to me.

Reborn

I am. What's your point?

Why don't you try looking at her scum meta instead of just focusing on the town meta? It is wrong to cherry pick someone's playstyle and only look at their town meta to come up with a scum. You have to look at everything in order to have an unbiased read. You're right that she wasn't playing like her town meta but she wasn't for her scum meta either. Thus a neutral read is the only fair read one can have. But I'm leaning town anyway based on her last post.

Maintaining what distance? Distance from what interaction or thing?

Eh. He's playing the same way to me.
I have my own way to pick meta. How you see things doesn't necessarily imply that I should see things the same way.

I Know scum and town meta of most here but to be sure of those meta best action is to ask questions and get reactions and that's how I brand someone as scum or Townie.

I often put pressure to see reactions and that's how I play.

Anyway, give your reads on Celestia and cinera which is due for long now.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I would be More cautious of players who tried to take advantage of this situation than Bogard and tac themselves.
hmm this is an interesting point. Can you expand on what you mean by take advantage of the situation?

So far, the reactions I saw were:
a) Bogard is scummy (FB, Celestia, Cinera)
b) Bogard has a point (Reborn)
c) they're both town (Me, Drago)
d) No opinion but Bogard should unvote (Jew, Don, HA001)

So which category would be consider take advantage?

Kiwi

Eh alright, fair enough. I wasn't really feeling the Bogard vs TAC argument and the other player's posts felt a bit like a echo chamber of "don't vote D1" so I didn't have much to say.

What are you trying to imply?

Reborn

hmm this is an interesting point. Can you expand on what you mean by take advantage of the situation?

So far, the reactions I saw were:
a) Bogard is scummy (FB, Celestia, Cinera)
b) Bogard has a point (Reborn)
c) they're both town (Me, Drago)
d) No opinion but Bogard should unvote (Jew, Don, HA001)

So which category would be consider take advantage?

Eh alright, fair enough. I wasn't really feeling the Bogard vs TAC argument and the other player's posts felt a bit like a echo chamber of "don't vote D1" so I didn't have much to say.

What are you trying to imply?
Both "Bogard is scummy"and "Both are townie". It's too early to conclude either way....

I already clarfied that I found you a bit on defensive and diplomatic with lack of firmness until I quoted you and you came up that post.

Since your townie meta came after I quoted you then I have no reason to clear you as townie because it could easily be a deliberate post.

I need to see more active and productive scum hunting from you to clear you as townie

D

Dragomir

I never stopped anyone from making Early read.

I am simply trying to make sense out of those reads in my own way so why you getting so uncomfortable with that?
That's not what I meant. You keep talking about too early to make a read and you're basing of "too early this" "too early that". Stop it. It's never too early to make a read.

I'm not uncomfortable with anything. I find this too early crap to be annoying.

Reborn

That's not what I meant. You keep talking about too early to make a read and you're basing of "too early this" "too early that". Stop it. It's never too early to make a read.

I'm not uncomfortable with anything. I find this too early crap to be annoying.
Early reads are often reaching to conclusion prematurely unless deliberately done so to get reactions. Such reads may lead to catching Scums but there is good chance that it can lead to mislynch as well

You do realize that there could be a scum taking advantage of that situation by making an early read?

You do realize that scum could try to blend with townie by making Early reads?

I already told you I don't believe anything until I get sure of and only way I get sure of is asking questions and getting reactions.

If you find this doing things logically and not on whims annoying then it's not my concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.