Dragomir

Day 1 Vote Tally: 6-hour Mark

Voters
AL sama -> TheAncientCenturion
Flower -> Dark Admiral

TheAncientCenturion - 1
Dark Admiral - 1

Non-voters
Natalija, Finalbeta, Reborn, Kiwipom, Dark Admiral, Inflamed Haki, Lanji Cucksmoke, Zoro D Goat, TheAncientCenturion, Krogothwolf, Queen, Chrono, Fiji, Yotanwa, Power, Seraphoenix, and NeutralWatcher.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I managed to get on early. If people are around I'll try to be more active. Anyone wanna give me a rundown?
Day 1 Vote Tally: 6-hour Mark

Voters
AL sama -> TheAncientCenturion
Flower -> Dark Admiral

TheAncientCenturion - 1
Dark Admiral - 1

Non-voters
Natalija, Finalbeta, Reborn, Kiwipom, Dark Admiral, Inflamed Haki, Lanji Cucksmoke, Zoro D Goat, TheAncientCenturion, Krogothwolf, Queen, Chrono, Fiji, Yotanwa, Power, Seraphoenix, and NeutralWatcher.
I'm only surprised 1 person voted for me and it was @AL sama of all people lmao.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Not much progress since I went offline. Let me first clear the post made to me before I go on scum hunting
What?

I... Yes, I am diplomatic. You're just shooting and shooting, I am suspecting you.

Hahaha suddenly you like it. Pls don't kill me

Uh oh, that is far too many :') As time goes by, it's so easy for us all to get killed, as we can't eliminate them all for days.
You are mixing two different response of mine.
Below is the post I didn't like
I kinda support the logic @Flower made, but I also feel suspicious of her jumping on trying to accuse someone. Reflecting?
Don't get me wrong but your post seem quite diplomatic for my liking.
Below is the response I liked that is "you admitting that you were diplomatic instead of brushing it aside"
Sadly I'm diplomatic by nature, and too honest for a game of deceit :') I'm a Blue Dragon.

You seem to be trying too hard
Yeah I do. Not much, ngl I'm not really in the mood of playing mafia these days.

Regardless, just some things I'm noticing. I feel like Reborn's approach to scum hunt atm is a bit too forced. Like these questions don't feel very organic to me, it's taking a really small detail, being nit picky hoping that it will start off to something.

Not pointing any fingers yet tho, just noting this.

Also @Natalija I'm a bit curious, are you a new player?

And yes, I have won as mafia once. And I find this very interesting that you brought it up. Did you look at my previous games?

And you too Power, have you played any mafia games before?
It's picking up reactions which sometimes can get nit picky but I am reasonable enough to understand on what to follow up and what not to just like when I asked tac about flower, but I didn't follow up on it after tac and you gave answer that it was just a joke which made sense to me

This is your usual gameplay reborn
you champion this style to get reactions from players
why are you so perplexed by it.
You already answered it but read Below for detail answer
An off thing I noticed concerning Reborn so far is how adamant he sus'ed AL and Flower to be scum buddies just because they both had put a vote lynch in a close time span after they had had a small interaction.

He should be experienced enough to know that two mafia buddies pulling off such a manouver would be unlikely and last game he focused a lot on the subject "likely for mafia to do X or not" so he is not the type to sus stuff he feels unlikely to be pulled out.
Its simple. Read the following passage. The whole passage is important but I highlighted the some thing important in blue.

This is from wiki
"
In Throne of Lies, there are two distinct enemy factions: the Cult and the Unseen, but only one faction will appear in any game. Before members of the Blue Dragon can eliminate the opposition, they must determine which faction they are up against.

Both the Unseen and Cult factions have the power to convert their enemies into allies. Even a trusted friend that has already been vetted by your abilities can become an enemy. The Blue Dragon must always be suspicious.

The
Unseen will always start the game with an Assassin and The Mastermind. The Cult will always have a Cult Leader and a second loyal subject.

Now, let me jot down the highlighted part
1)only one faction out of Cult and unseen would be part of the game. But what's more interesting is to note that from wiki one can infer that game will start with either of evil faction having "TWO PLAYERS" - assassin and Mastermind in case of unseen and cult leader and second loyal subject in case of cult.

now, in general Mafia we played, mafia usually starts with fixed quota and are 3-4 in numbers. But in this game this isn't the case and evil faction will most likely start with two people and number can increase.

Now, you are right that Mafia pulling off this scum buddying tactic would be unlikely but first of all this isn't mafia and second, that's what made me question them "because it could be seen as unlikely to us that it could be pulled off" especially when evil faction will start only with two players as highlightled above and players involved are far more experience than anyone of us here.

Also, questioning anyone doesn't amount to seeing them as scum. We need to question everything instead of assuming that this can't happen.

Also, you guys have overlooked this post of mine where I kind of cleared al of scum buddying due to his meta being consitent but this became possibile for me only after getting reactions from him.

As of now I didn't find change in your meta. Its quite consitent. Let's see how it goes on

It's Only by repeated questioning and seeing the reaction that we deduce how consitent someone meta is to pin point Scums.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm posting information I found useful on the wikipedia. I tried to not get too drawn into specific roles, due to the quote below. If you guys found anything incorrect / not representative of the game we're playing or maybe just something I didn't see? Feel free to post it and correct me. The more info we have circulating about the potential roles / abilities / functions, the better chance we have at catching Unseen or Cult.
Attention: I made some adjustments to a couple of roles due to balance reasons. Not every single role is perfectly reflecting the roles in the wiki. That being said, you may still use the site to know roles outside of your own. I strongly recommend doing so.

And no, you do not need to refer to Kiwi with all those formalities. It's just for fun.​
Just keep this quote from Drago in mind as we start the game and use the wikipedia as our source for knowledge. Some town abilities / scum abilities could be entirely different. So we need to keep an open mind if someone claims townie and doesn't immediately line up with the wiki. Likewise, we need to assume the scum has some other tricks up their sleeves too, for a forum style approach. I get the feeling this is meant to be played more similarly to ToS just off the wiki and abilities.

Wikipedia said:
  • As starting Evil or Cult King, ways of secretly communicating your identity to your allies can be placed into one of two broad categories. The first is to act or say something suspicious publicly and hope that only your allies catch on. The second way, which is generally better, is to carefully craft a statement or action that will prove you are evil only to your allies, while keeping Blue Dragon oblivious. One example could be not mentioning that an Illusionist used their Mental Blur ability on you. Another is pretending to have been bled, poisoned or distracted when you really weren't.
This is interesting. It means that if @Kiwipom happens to be evil, she has no idea who her allies are and could attempt to signal them? Does this also mean that scum wouldn't know if the King is also on their side? They could try to signal her too, or buddy up with her early on to test the field? Definitely something to keep in mind, though.

Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, but we either get Sheriffs for the Unseen or Paladins for the Cult. Off the wiki, sheriffs have wider range and usage of abilities whereas Paladins are pretty linear until Night 3, where they can actively Purge when visiting a townie. I.E., if they visit Me the same time a cult member is there, they kill the cult member. Same if the cult member visits the Paladin.

It's important to note that we can have a maximum of 3 of either of these roles and it goes without saying they are mutually exclusive. My only gripe is, it feels like Paladin is a lot less useful for catching third party roles. But this also indicates in a cult game we may not have many (or any?) third parties due to the lack of overall investigative abilities. Not confirmed, just a suggestion to think over.

Wikipedia / Unseen said:
They will never appear in the same game as the Cult, and they have a 2/3 chance of spawning instead of Cult. The Unseen can only have a maximum of 3 members (excluding an Evil King).
So Unseen is more likely to have, and they have a maximum of 3 members (fourth if Kiwi is apart of their team). Every Unseen game comes with a Mastermind and Assassin.

Wikipedia / The Cult said:
The Cult can have a maximum of 4 members (excluding an Evil King).
So the Cult only has 4 members max., sans the possibility for a Cult King. Every Cult game comes with the Cult Leader.

Here is what the wikipedia says regarding the Unseen for when a player is visited by a member of that faction;
Wikipedia / Unseen said:
If a Sheriff's Scout catches you being visited by Unseen the night you are converted, there are different ways to defend yourself. You can claim to be unconvertable (i.e. Alchemist or Hunter who used Bear Companion). You can claim to be Physician who was attacked but self-cared. And of course, you can claim that your accuser is The Scorned.
And here, which I find more interesting, is what it says in regards to a strategy if the Unseen is at max occupancy'
Wikipedia / Unseen said:
When there are 3 Unseen and Convert is not on cooldown, consider having the Assassin or the convert deliberately get executed during the day. This is because it allows the Mastermind to convert, reducing the number of Blue Dragon players faster than merely killing them. If the Mastermind is actively involved in encouraging the court to execute one of his own, he wins himself credibility.
This is a big issue for us, because it means anyone who's working on a push could end up being Unseen (if we're in an Unseen game) and be doing this for the singular purpose of whittling down town members via conversion. It means we need to have our Sheriffs out and really on top of the game when it comes to scum reading and following people. Because regular players can scum read, but you never know who's going to be converted over the night and screw everything up.

Wikipedia / Cult said:
The Cult faction has a radically different approach towards success than the Unseen faction. Whereas the Unseen always has one killing class that can kill someone at night (the Assassin), the Cult mostly relies on its Cult Leader to dish out death and destruction. Indeed, the Apostle, Invoker, Ritualist and Seeker all lack a killing ability and rely on different means to destroy Blue Dragon.

The Cult leader can use Eradicate at night to kill off players, but it is common practice in the first nights to try to convert Blue Dragon classes first instead of killing them.

The Cult Leader's day ability, Rupture, allows the Cult to have some degree of killing power. It can be used at any time during the day (not during a trial though), but the best time to use it on someone is just before a non-Cult player is going to get voted up and stand trial (making them more suspicious).
So the way we see the difference between Cult and Unseen is going to be if anyone dies N1. Looking at both of these strategies, the biggest difference is the fact that Unseen can convert and kill the same night, but has less people in their ranks overall. Whereas the cult can only convert or kill at night. And they immediately want to convert, according to the wiki's optimal strategy guide. So, that means that if by tomorrow, we don't have anyone dead? We're dealing with the Cult.

Looking at the rest of Cult's loose abilities—keep in mind Drago mentioned that this wasn't a 1 | 1 with the wiki so I expect powers and rules to be loosely adjusted—tells us that the Cult will work through indirect measures. This could be post restrictions, role blocking, forcing a player to vote for another set player for a day phase. If we do have Cult, we all have an obligation to keep in mind their inherit trickery as we sus people. It seems like they are most comfortable with almost framing other players for their means.

Their Day kill ability, if it's in this round as well, is a little frightening. It means, above all else, we do not want to risk getting close to parity with them. Even a close lynch could be turned aside because of the Cult Leader's ability. Also, according to the wikia for Cult leader;
Wikia / Cult Leader said:
If the Cult Leader is killed, another Cult member will become the Cult Leader.
So this is an ever present sword of Damocles over our heads.

For the Unseen, I feel like it's similar but to a lesser extent;
Wikia / Mastermind said:
If the Mastermind is killed before the starting assassin, the starting assassin will become the Mastermind.
So if we get on the Mastermind/Assassin in an Unseen game, we'll be able to really limit their potential.

AL sama

Red Haired
I'm posting information I found useful on the wikipedia. I tried to not get too drawn into specific roles, due to the quote below. If you guys found anything incorrect / not representative of the game we're playing or maybe just something I didn't see? Feel free to post it and correct me. The more info we have circulating about the potential roles / abilities / functions, the better chance we have at catching Unseen or Cult.

Just keep this quote from Drago in mind as we start the game and use the wikipedia as our source for knowledge. Some town abilities / scum abilities could be entirely different. So we need to keep an open mind if someone claims townie and doesn't immediately line up with the wiki. Likewise, we need to assume the scum has some other tricks up their sleeves too, for a forum style approach. I get the feeling this is meant to be played more similarly to ToS just off the wiki and abilities.

This is interesting. It means that if @Kiwipom happens to be evil, she has no idea who her allies are and could attempt to signal them? Does this also mean that scum wouldn't know if the King is also on their side? They could try to signal her too, or buddy up with her early on to test the field? Definitely something to keep in mind, though.

Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, but we either get Sheriffs for the Unseen or Paladins for the Cult. Off the wiki, sheriffs have wider range and usage of abilities whereas Paladins are pretty linear until Night 3, where they can actively Purge when visiting a townie. I.E., if they visit Me the same time a cult member is there, they kill the cult member. Same if the cult member visits the Paladin.

It's important to note that we can have a maximum of 3 of either of these roles and it goes without saying they are mutually exclusive. My only gripe is, it feels like Paladin is a lot less useful for catching third party roles. But this also indicates in a cult game we may not have many (or any?) third parties due to the lack of overall investigative abilities. Not confirmed, just a suggestion to think over.

So Unseen is more likely to have, and they have a maximum of 3 members (fourth if Kiwi is apart of their team). Every Unseen game comes with a Mastermind and Assassin.

So the Cult only has 4 members max., sans the possibility for a Cult King. Every Cult game comes with the Cult Leader.

Here is what the wikipedia says regarding the Unseen for when a player is visited by a member of that faction;

And here, which I find more interesting, is what it says in regards to a strategy if the Unseen is at max occupancy'

This is a big issue for us, because it means anyone who's working on a push could end up being Unseen (if we're in an Unseen game) and be doing this for the singular purpose of whittling down town members via conversion. It means we need to have our Sheriffs out and really on top of the game when it comes to scum reading and following people. Because regular players can scum read, but you never know who's going to be converted over the night and screw everything up.

So the way we see the difference between Cult and Unseen is going to be if anyone dies N1. Looking at both of these strategies, the biggest difference is the fact that Unseen can convert and kill the same night, but has less people in their ranks overall. Whereas the cult can only convert or kill at night. And they immediately want to convert, according to the wiki's optimal strategy guide. So, that means that if by tomorrow, we don't have anyone dead? We're dealing with the Cult.

Looking at the rest of Cult's loose abilities—keep in mind Drago mentioned that this wasn't a 1 | 1 with the wiki so I expect powers and rules to be loosely adjusted—tells us that the Cult will work through indirect measures. This could be post restrictions, role blocking, forcing a player to vote for another set player for a day phase. If we do have Cult, we all have an obligation to keep in mind their inherit trickery as we sus people. It seems like they are most comfortable with almost framing other players for their means.

Their Day kill ability, if it's in this round as well, is a little frightening. It means, above all else, we do not want to risk getting close to parity with them. Even a close lynch could be turned aside because of the Cult Leader's ability. Also, according to the wikia for Cult leader;

So this is an ever present sword of Damocles over our heads.

For the Unseen, I feel like it's similar but to a lesser extent;

So if we get on the Mastermind/Assassin in an Unseen game, we'll be able to really limit their potential.
you made such big post for talking mechanics?? lol

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
you made such big post for talking mechanics?? lol
Yeah, I was going to read through it anyways and decided that it'd be best if I just brought over what I thought could help us all out. I know not everyone's gonna read it, and I figure the more knowledge we have will help us in the long run, less chance of scum sneaking through the cracks. I've got a post full of quotes from the game still there, but I thought it'd be better to start off with something more fundamental.

AL sama

Red Haired
Yeah, I was going to read through it anyways and decided that it'd be best if I just brought over what I thought could help us all out. I know not everyone's gonna read it, and I figure the more knowledge we have will help us in the long run, less chance of scum sneaking through the cracks. I've got a post full of quotes from the game still there, but I thought it'd be better to start off with something more fundamental.
just saying this

usually scums likes to waste time with mechanics and show that they're helping

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
just saying this

usually scums likes to waste time with mechanics and show that they're helping
Yeah, I know that. Though I figure again, with a new game style to plenty of players here, I might as well put some info out for all our benefit. I'm not asking you to trust me because I quoted sources from wikipedia. But it's overall better if the town is familiar with some of the scum abilities / tell tales early on in the game and I hope my post helped with that.

why what did they do??
I mean everybody was suspicious of TAC and you voted for him too.:smithnie:And Reborn was nitpicking LOL.
Yeah totally not sus at all:sus::shocking:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
And Reborn was nitpicking
:seriously:
Not much progress since I went offline. Let me first clear the post made to me before I go on scum hunting

You are mixing two different response of mine.
Below is the post I didn't like

Below is the response I liked that is "you admitting that you were diplomatic instead of brushing it aside"

It's picking up reactions which sometimes can get nit picky but I am reasonable enough to understand on what to follow up and what not to just like when I asked tac about flower, but I didn't follow up on it after tac and you gave answer that it was just a joke which made sense to me

You already answered it but read Below for detail answer

Its simple. Read the following passage. The whole passage is important but I highlighted the some thing important in blue.

This is from wiki
"
In Throne of Lies, there are two distinct enemy factions: the Cult and the Unseen, but only one faction will appear in any game. Before members of the Blue Dragon can eliminate the opposition, they must determine which faction they are up against.

Both the Unseen and Cult factions have the power to convert their enemies into allies. Even a trusted friend that has already been vetted by your abilities can become an enemy. The Blue Dragon must always be suspicious.

The Unseen will always start the game with an Assassin and The Mastermind. The Cult will always have a Cult Leader and a second loyal subject.

Now, let me jot down the highlighted part
1)only one faction out of Cult and unseen would be part of the game. But what's more interesting is to note that from wiki one can infer that game will start with either of evil faction having "TWO PLAYERS" - assassin and Mastermind in case of unseen and cult leader and second loyal subject in case of cult.

now, in general Mafia we played, mafia usually starts with fixed quota and are 3-4 in numbers. But in this game this isn't the case and evil faction will most likely start with two people and number can increase.

Now, you are right that Mafia pulling off this scum buddying tactic would be unlikely but first of all this isn't mafia and second, that's what made me question them "because it could be seen as unlikely to us that it could be pulled off" especially when evil faction will start only with two players as highlightled above and players involved are far more experience than anyone of us here.

Also, questioning anyone doesn't amount to seeing them as scum. We need to question everything instead of assuming that this can't happen.

Also, you guys have overlooked this post of mine where I kind of cleared al of scum buddying due to his meta being consitent but this became possibile for me only after getting reactions from him.

It's Only by repeated questioning and seeing the reaction that we deduce how consitent someone meta is to pin point Scums.

Status
Not open for further replies.