Future Events Sanji will fight Aokiji

Honestly, despite the ability interaction with fire vs ice, I never really considered it but this was a well-reasoned post. Really nice and while I'm currently of the belief Sanji will fight Jesus Burgess (if not him then Avalo Pizarro and if not him then Lafitte, haven't heard any arguments for Vasco Shot), Sanji vs Aokiji is obviously an interesting fight (to me anyways) and I'd enjoy it. I wouldn't bet on it personally but it's a cool match-up that I would enjoy.

Sanji famously cannot condone a woman crying and will fight to make any woman happy — more ferociously the better he knows them — and Aokiji is heavily tied to Robin’s trauma and past. While he doesn’t bare all the blame, murdering Saul in front of her and leaving her with a thinly veiled threat to come after he is traumatic. I can see what Oda did in Onigashima coming back around with Sanji rescuing Robin from her past trauma via defeating Aokiji.
Not even a world for the obvious foreshadowing of the icy floor? :kriwhat:

Btw Aokiji is a good guy and Diamond Vasco is a cook. Sanji vs Vasco :steef:

The BBP is the last crew Kuzan would join to fight for to the bitter end against someone other than his targets, this is basically asking Oda to piss on logic and ignore the actual reasons for Kuzan joining.

So why did he join in first place? It's obvious, Kuzan saw in Teach the reincarnation of Xebec and someone that could bring the WG to its end. This gives a hint to where the story's heading after Wano, a full-blown BBP vs Marines (+RHP?) battle. I think both Kuzan/Shanks would side with pirates/Marines respectfully. Now ignoring who's the lesser of two evils (Teach/World Nobles), everyone unanimously agrees that defeating the World Government, an entity that survived the strokes of time for 8 centuries is more difficult than anything else.

I would even say during the timeskip Kuzan initially put the SHP as a second option but joined Teach instead because he was significantly ahead of Luffy at that point of story.

It is possible, if Aokiji stays in Blackbeard's sphere, he could face Sanji, but the question arises, would Aokiji be weaker than Shiryu?

I see it, Shiryu should pose a major challenge to Zoro, who after beating Shiryu will reach the level of Admiral or a little more, then and only then could the dynamic that the manga has followed from the beginning take place.

Zoro's opponents are a little stronger than Sanji's opponents.-

so, shiryu could perfectly be admiral level in battle against zoro, and aokiji being a slightly underdog admiral, would be slightly inferior to his zoro opponent, fitting with oda's narrative in zoro and sanji versus.

Sanji vs Lafitte
Sanji vs Greenbull

Im locking in.

Would be nice to see a fight against CP0 but now we know they’re top ranking jobbers
Post automatically merged:

Nah doffy has a big bag, this arc Sanji takes him high diff, next arc mid diff

there’s no negging doffy with bird cage
These are about right. Sanjis final fights will be with Lafitte -> Ryokugyu -> Blond Gorosei

I add the following, that battle follows the narrative of oda, to minimize sanji's rivals a bit.

because if the versus against aokiji occurs, shiryu would be counted as a major victory for zoro, but aokiji being invalid, it would be seen as an illegitimate victory for sanji due to his disability

as always, they would have where to grab the zorobois

:josad: please respect niji

I'm pretty sure he's gonna join the BBP, get a buff, and become sanji's opponent

The 10th titanic captain(who could be anyone at this point) is likely sanji's opponent, cause it makes no sense if the secret enemy turns out to be chopper's fight

reading them, the doubt appears to me, if teach admitted and keeps aokiji as a reserve of his fruit?

Teach is hunting for powerful fruits, he already failed with the mere mere, and what better complement than the hie hie to give it to bourgeois or whoever sanji's opponent is in that battle.

They imagine? so blackbeard gets not only the boost for a minion, with a powerful fruit, but he himself gets (he would have killed aokiji) a massive boost in his bounty (in this case, should aokiji already have a bounty?) along with other crazy or reckless actions.

Smokers only 36? That’s around the same age Oden was when he went out to sea.
The thing with oden was that in his island was the strongest by huge margin.
The guy didn't have someone to challenge him, a monster compare to everyone.
That's why he grow so much in his piracy years, he always had the potential but in his hometown there wasn't a reason for him to try end evolve.
I didn't get that kind of vibe from smoker but as i said if oda wants it...
I agree about smoker as a person though, he is one of the real marines.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Kuzan and Fujitora are future allies.
They would never fight for the WG.
Once the truth history is revealed, people will turn against the WG
I think Issho is also already starting to despise the horror of the Govenrment and Absolute Justice. He will probably be a Neutral party on the war for the most part imo, trying to figure the intentions and goals of the opposing side for a better future
:fujilaugh:

Shiryu is the captain of the Second Ship while Zoro was the second Strawhat to join. Laffitte is the captain of the Fifth Ship while Sanji was the fifth Strawhat to join.

Don't think these are mere coincidences especially when Oda shows Shiryu and Laffitte like this.

Burgess feels like an ideal candidate to be New World's Blueno or BBP's Jack given his inferior portrayal to Shiryu and Laffitte.

The fact that people already drew parallels between Teach/Shiryu and Newgate/Oden also makes the fact that Laffitte has a flying Zoan (like Marco/King) feel like an elaborate setup.
It can be reinterpreted as something that counts for Nami vs Laffitte, as she was the de facto fifth member one to join after the events of Arlong Park. Shiryu and Laffite's joint debut would also reference Zoro and Nami being the deuteragonist/tritagonist characters.

This goes without addressing the massive number of parallels between the two. From Laffitte being exactly twice as tall as her, both sharing the same blood type, the same ship role and opposite epithets (Cat Burglar/Demon Sheriff), coming from opposite seas (East/West Blue).

It can be reinterpreted as something that counts for Nami vs Laffitte, as she was the de facto fifth member one to join after the events of Arlong Park. Shiryu and Laffite's joint debut would also reference Zoro and Nami being the deuteragonist/tritagonist characters.

This goes without addressing the massive number of parallels between the two. From Laffitte being exactly twice as tall as her, both sharing the same blood type, the same ship role and opposite epithets (Cat Burglar/Demon Sheriff), coming from opposite seas (East/West Blue).
Zoro is not a deuteragonist.

He had just as much screen time as all the others after they were separated by Kuma until the time-skip.

If he were a deuteragonist he would have received a special attention when compared to the others, but that didn't happen.

And Zoro didn't even appear during the whole Whole Cake Island arc.