Character Discussion Sanji's character development analysis in Chapter 1,005!

Did Sanji get a good character development?

• Total voters
I gotta say that's very wrong to steal someone else's content and pretend it's yours. And apologizing doesn't make it ok, especially if you consider it's fine, or that it doesn't matter. It does matter. But I find some of you pretty harsh on him though, the guy is only 17.

I can't say I agree with the analysis itself because I think it gives Oda way too much credit. I feel like this whole "character development" you mentioned only comes from a fan who overthought everything involving his favorite character. I very much doubt it was a conscious choice from Oda, he's just not consistent in the way he writes certain characters, at least since the timeskip. Their way of thinking and behavior depend on the story Oda wants to tell and how he wants to tell it, when it's the story that should depend on its characters.
You are the harshest
:mihugh:

Glad to see someone took notice of my thread.:goyea:I feel honoured.:perocry:

https://www.opfanpage.com/2021/03/0...nt-moment-of-character-development-for-sanji/
I gotta say that's very wrong to steal someone else's content and pretend it's yours. And apologizing doesn't make it ok, especially if you consider it's fine, or that it doesn't matter. It does matter. But I find some of you pretty harsh on him though, the guy is only 17.

I can't say I agree with the analysis itself because I think it gives Oda way too much credit. I feel like this whole "character development" you mentioned only comes from a fan who overthought everything involving his favorite character. I very much doubt it was a conscious choice from Oda, he's just not consistent in the way he writes certain characters, at least since the timeskip. Their way of thinking and behavior depend on the story Oda wants to tell and how he wants to tell it, when it's the story that should depend on its characters.
Nah it's fine. I already admitted my mistake. And I don't take things personally so you don't have to concern about me.:cheers: It's just a online forum after all.:kayneshrug:

I already admitted my mistake.
Glad to see someone took notice of my thread.
Still have the nerve to call this your thread. I regret replying to you seriously. I've seen this thread popping up quite a number of times, but each time I chose to ignore it because of what happened. But feeling honoured because some site featured "your" thread and pumped it up yourself depsite being told that's it's not ok to assume it's yours. Damn, that's just sad.
It's just a online forum after all.
Your mentality about this kind of subject. Online forums don't mean they don't have rules and respects. :whitepress:

Still have the nerve to call this your thread. I regret replying to you seriously. I've seen this thread popping up quite a number of times, but each time I chose to ignore it because of what happened. But feeling honoured because some site featured "your" thread and pumped it up yourself depsite being told that's it's not ok to assume it's yours. Damn, that's just sad.

Your mentality about this kind of subject. Online forums don't mean they don't have rules and respects. :whitepress:
I created this thread in this forum. It's here not in other places.:seriously:

:milaugh: it's pretty hard right to say about copyright stuff to @Zoro D Goat..

I'm even surprised to see there's people like him who claims others people work as his with a proudly tone is beyond me :whitepress::myman:

I created this thread in this forum. It's here not in other places.:seriously:
You didn't create anything mate, you copy/pasted another person's ''work''.
At least you could Credit the person who wrote it and give you own opinion on the subject then you could say it is ''your'' thread but as of now it's not and you are pissing other people as long as you don't Credit the original author.
Just Edit your first post and put the person's name and thank him/her for the ''good'' work.

Edit : pfffff I just discovered it is not the first time...

Last edited:
You didn't create anything mate, you copy/pasted another person's ''work''.
At least you could Credit the person who wrote it and give you own opinion on the subject then you could say it is ''your'' thread but as of now it's not and you are pissing other people as long as you don't Credit the original author.
Just Edit your first post and put the person's name and thank him/her for the ''good'' work.

Edit : pfffff I just discovered it is not the first time...
Okay, I edited it. What now? Exactly. It's the facts. Whether it's from me or someone else, it's still FACTS.
Kinda curious if a teacher has ever caught you for plagiarism in real life. Has that ever happened? @Zoro D Goat
That never happen to me in school.

Ok man, I understand that you wanna defend Sanji but hear me out.

Sanji has been trusting his crewmates since before TS, as showed with Usopp and Nami in EL in particular.
After TS, it was showed again with Zoro in PH.

It was only in Zou/Totto Land that his trust in his nakama wavered in face off hardships, his trauma etc...

BUT that side of waverness of his was resolved within the arc, as how he trusted Luffy to beat the undefeated legend that was Katakuri. After that, he also trusted that Luffy's defeat by Kaido's hands was not serious/that his captain could survive on his own and focused on the task assigned to him by Kin'emon.

Sanji already got this kind of development you spoke of after Totto Land. The actions he took this chapter was a correct one but that doesn't mean it's a development.

And he is at fault for being captured by enemies way weaker than him. It's a fact. And I don't need to bring evidences to prove it.
You're looking the perspective of sanji trusting others.... But trust is not equivalent to relying on others when you're in a dire situation..

Trust is just believing in someone with something, or just believing in someone , but relying is depending on someone, sanji had trust that luffy would be able to complete his journey without him, but what he didn't do is rely upon luffy in that predicament

that's what this development is all about relying on people.

name me one arc, one moment where sanji relied on someone else when he was going through dire straights and came out and asked for help from a female as well.

The development in that chapter is :
-Sanji depending on robin to handle his situation the predicament he was in since he could not retaliate with women.. plus it also affected Robin since she has not been depended upon since a very long time especially against an opponent so, that sense of dependence from sanji on her gave her a sense of worth.

Oda just killed 2 birds with one stone

thats why he is a genius

Last edited: