Character Discussion Sanji's Immense Will

I was coming in to post this because of course, I followed the series chronologically. So when ambition became a real thing, this was what retroactively established my impression of Sanji. WCI doubled down on this. I like him and I'm glad there is a complex discussion on him because he is a very complex character (moreso than Luffy or Zoro)... but he's not a conqueror.
But Katakuri is? Or even Boa, who just is a Queen of an silly island. So is Iva... And we know he hasn't it

Again I do not think he will get it but we know there are a lot in the NW

Does it matter what it's about. The person who were to find the All Blue....wouldn't be a threatening person. It makes sense for Sanji to not list his ambition in that moment. And say something else that would seem more threatening.
The ambition is the ambition no matter what others think. Does Luffy say he wants to be PK instead of his "real dream" because of how it sounds to other people? Does he care if someone laughs, thinks it to be impossible, or gets in his way because of it?

Sanji doesn't care if you laugh at him because of how he views and treats women. He does have a good will, but he's not ambitious. Living a life where he doesn't harm women is his standard, or ideal... but not an actual dream. It's an obstacle subverts the obstacle by having others fight for him and doesn't even object to other men fighting women as we saw with Monet.

Sanji's built different.
Luffy and Zoro willpower: not cracking Bellamy when their goals are at stake though it's tempting.
Luffy and Zoro ambition: either death or achievement, no other options ever.

Sanji willpower: not even tempted, will not achieve other goals at the cost of this one.
Sanji ambition: maybe see through a few things he likes.

The responses in this thread just proves just how close Sanji and Zoro really are even if some don't want to admit it. When one does something spectacular, the other one immediately gets brought up for comparison.
That proves something about fans, not the characters.

But Katakuri is? Or even Boa, who just is a Queen of an silly island. So is Iva... And we know he hasn't it

Again I do not think he will get it but we know there are a lot in the NW
I don't understand how they compare to Sanji...

The ambition is the ambition no matter what others think. Does Luffy say he wants to be PK instead of his "real dream" because of how it sounds to other people? Does he care if someone laughs, thinks it to be impossible, or gets in his way because of it?

Sanji doesn't care if you laugh at him because of how he views amd treats women. He does have a good will, but he's not ambitious. Living a life where he doesn't harm women is his standard, or ideal... but not an actual dream. It's an obstacle subverts the obstacle by having others fight for him and doesn't even object to other men fighting women as we saw with Monet.

Sanji's built different.
Luffy and Zoro willpower: not cracking Bellamy when their goals are at stake though it's tempting.
Luffy and Zoro ambition: either death or achievement, no other options ever.

Sanji willpower: not even tempted, will not achieve other goals at the cost of this one.
Sanji ambition: maybe see through a few things he likes.
What are you talking about ? Women ? Im talking about the All Blue here....

He didn't mention All Blue to Kuma... why again?

When was the last time he mentioned All Blue? Was he maybe... joking about it? LMAO
We are talking about Ambition and Kuma here....not women. I don't know when you changed the convo to that.

Like I said, Sanji wanted to seem threatening to Kuma. The next WSS is a threatening title. The next person to find the All Blue isnt. Thus Sanji couldn't say his ambition to Kuma, if he wanted Kuma to kill him instead of Luffy and Zoro.

Ain’t no way this PUSSY has an immense Will.
Canonically Usopp has the greatest Will just under Luffy and Zoro.

In the face of adversity Usopp does not run away and cry like a bitch. He steps up and handles his shit better than Sanji could ever.

Imagine weeping because a 16 year old finessed ya ass and fuck over your crew and yet still simping for her for the next couple days. How fucking lame do you gotta be.

Someone calls Luffy a hack.

Usopp: Bites them back with words and willpower

Sanji: Joins them on the Luffy mudslinging

But.. but.. but.. Conquerors Haki Sanji

This trashbin was willing to throw away his dreams before even arriving at the All Blue

He got a shittier willpower than most pirates on the Paradise of Grandline.
This dude has a joke of a dream eclipsed by 9/10s of the other strawhats and is just here for the ride.

I wonder how has he even helped Luffy? And when he could kick the bucket already.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and this

Last edited:
We are talking about Ambition and Kuma here....not women. I don't know when you changed the convo to that.

Like I said, Sanji wanted to seem threatening to Kuma. The next WSS is a threatening title. The next person to find the All Blue isnt. Thus Sanji couldn't say his ambition to Kuma, if he wanted Kuma to kill him instead of Luffy and Zoro.
His desire not to hurt women is a more occurrent and consistent goal than All Blue.

I asked the last time All Blue came up and you avoided the question. You did restate what I already responded to in regards to Kuma, though: Luffy or Zoro would never come up with another ambition because of how someone else perceives it. If they had to do that, then it would just mean they needed a different ambition in the first place. Even if they don't believe these guys will be PK or WSS, even if those goals sound meaningless to them, they know that Luffy and Zoro are completely serious. That's what makes them sound worth a damn.

Meanwhile you have All Blue and mother fucking Usopp asking "are you being serious?" LOL. All Blue didn't matter as long as he had Pudding lmao

In the face of adversity Usopp does not run away and cry like a bitch. He steps up and handles his shit better than Sanji could ever.

Imagine weeping because a 16 year old finessed ya ass and fuck over your crew and yet still simping for her for the next couple days. How fucking lame do you gotta be.

This trashbin was willing to throw away his dreams before even arriving at the All Blue

This dude has a joke of a dream eclipsed by 9/10s of the other strawhats and is just here for the ride.

I wonder how has he even helped Luffy? And when he could kick the bucket already.

Oh and this

Yes this is what I was attempting to explain.

This is not about denying Sanji's will to pursue the All Blue dream in itself, but merely the shakiness of it, it's the details that make a big difference here since this is a contest about which characters bear the strongest will.

It's not just about goals and ideals within themselves, but the constance, the level of determination and application.

His desire not to hurt women is a more occurrent and consistent goal than All Blue.

I asked the last time All Blue came up and you avoided the question. You did restate what I already responded to in regards to Kuma, though: Luffy or Zoro would never come up with another ambition because of how someone else perceives it. If they had to do that, then it would just mean they needed a different ambition in the first place. Even if they don't believe these guys will be PK or WSS, even if those goals sound meaningless to them, they know that Luffy and Zoro are completely serious. That's what makes them sound worth a damn.

Meanwhile you have All Blue and mother fucking Usopp asking "are you being serious?" LOL. All Blue didn't matter as long as he had Pudding lmao
But that isnt his ambition. That's more of his morals and a testament of the will to uphold it.....

Last time All Blue came up was in a gag. The last time before that was long ago...This isnt only a Sanji problem. All the SHs suffer from not rehashing their Ambition well enough. In comparison to Luffy who says it every chapter.

: Luffy or Zoro would never come up with another ambition because of how someone else perceives it. If they had to do that, then it would just mean they needed a different ambition in the first place. Even if they don't believe these guys will be PK or WSS, even if those goals sound meaningless to them, they know that Luffy and Zoro are completely serious. That's what makes them sound worth a damn.
Why are you acting as if this is a moment to display loyalty to ambition. Fucking Luffy's life is on the line. If Sanji can't convince to Kuma he's a threat.....then he'll either kill Zoro and Luffy. Sanji's ambition of the All Blue is legendary, however it isnt a threat to the WG like the WSS or PK would be. That's it. It's not about Sanji not respecting his own ambition, it's about his Ambition not scoring him the bigger threat title....since it isnt a position of strength. If Sanji wants Kuma's wrath he needs to show how threatening he can be. And again being the person who found the All Blue isnt threatening.

Don't try to turn this into a whole....Sanji is embrassed about his ambition. It's clearly not the case. Shown when he was a kid and was mocked by the Chefs....yet still pursued the All blue.

Lol. He was crying outside a child's bedroom broken. That shit was hilarious.
Sanji will is weak, his ambition is weak

Someone with true ambition like Luffy and Zoro would never cry saying they achieve their goals before achieving them, even if Luffy screams a lot about how he is going to be the pirate king he always says "i am GOING to be pirate king" and Zoro when gloating says "I am the man DESTINED to become WSS" they never belittle their own ambition and dream like this. This is what separates true conquerors from others...

Sanji had a strong will as a kid? please...he ran away from home in tears, he was weak to stand up to his brothers...

one guys crying because hes broken completely

the other is crying because he lost but his resolve has never been stronger
You gotta be kidding me. Sanji, who gave up on his nakama, didn’t believe in Luffy and placed his faith in Big Mom and Pudding, is strong willed? Sanji has, by far, the weakest will on the crew. Oda shits on his dream every chance he gets and his simp complex makes him too weak willed to fight anyone with a vagina. This dude could not even muster the will to save everyone in WCI by poisoning the cake, legit could’ve ended the arc right then and there but nope he’s too much of a slave to his misguided, sexist and outdated principles. Strong willed my ass.
The fact that his ambition can be used as a gag is the point.
Candybois damage control thread :gokulaugh:

trully a conqueror.
:lulz::lulz::lulz::lulz::lulz::lulz:
I like your thread. Tbh it was refreshing reading something different. You are right that Sanji was just following Zeff's dream in Baratie and by doing so he forgot his own ambition. Also, he was not old enough to go out on a journey by his own. While serving in Baratie, he forgot what it likes to be a dreamer, which was reminded to him by Luffy and Zoro again.

Now regarding Sanji is not strong willed, its a relative statement. Compare him to any normal people in OP verse, he has an immensely strong will as you said. But the issue is when you try to compare his will to Luffy and Zoro's. Its like Lonzo Ball is a very good point guard. But when you compare him to Steph Curry, he is a piece of shit.
Didn't WCI show he is weak willed? He abandoned his crew and did not believe in them at all. Even at baratie his lack of ambition towards his goal was shown that his mentor had to force him an ambition, which.... doesn't exist, when was the last time he asked about all blue at all? Never.

Ace was clearly weak willed and gave up on life in marineford and wanted to just end everything.
Lol Sanji is not getting coc dude !

Sanji isn’t getting coc regardless
Fighting back against childhood bullies in one panel while he mostly just endured their abuse for the rest of his flashback is supposed to be evidence of his strong will? Running away from home is supposed to be evidence of his strong will?

The fact that he shared Zeff's dream is irrelevant, someone who forgets their own dream so easily and has to be reminded of it by Zoro and Luffy has a very weak will.

Also his actions in WCI show how weak his will is. He's also the same guy who immediately became an okama after being sent away by Kuma against his will, that's your strong willed character?
Disagree. You are making the same mistake that Uruge did. He also thought Zoro's captain must have tamed him (basically what Kaido does to his crew) with brute force or superior willpower. Zoro placing Luffy's dream over his life has nothing to do with Luffy having more willpower.

Nevertheless, Sanji owes us something extraordinary for his TB moment. He wont get CoC and wont fight King though:kayneshrug:
And you know the funniest of them all? Sanji’s father, while being a disgusting human being, was always right about Sanji :D He is a waste of air.
Whathever he does, he screws up and becomes a laughingstock. In real life, and in OP world too, there is no place for those people.
At the end of the journey, he will open a second rate worthless restaurant and j*** off to three eyed freaks, that is who he is.
Vergo was just testing Sanji out in this staredown and Sanji looks like a pussy ass bitch, he doesnt usually look this turd faced and stressed out. This is his most turd faced I can remember so that tells you about Vergo's power

Vergo is yonko level though. Sanji knew he was dead here. He still kept going

Give him props. Strong willed :goyea:
I don’t think Sanji’s willpower or ambition stands out in any way among the Strawhats. That doesn’t mean it’s weak, its not, but it’s nothing overly special among the crew- and he has canonically gave up on his dream more than any of the others.

Like, everything Brook does is purely to fulfil a seemingly impossible promise he made fifty years because he does not believe a man should go back on his word. That’s just as extraordinary as anything Sanji’s done. Robin lived alone and despised for twenty odd years, from when she was a child, to achieve the dream of her genocided people, a genocide she lived through. All of Usopp’s life a constant struggle between his natural cowardice and his willpower to push himself on and become a stronger man. I’d actually say in his own way Ussop is the most extraordinary of the bunch, because he doesn’t have the unshakeable self-confidence of Luffy and Zoro or their fighting ability, and he still pushes himself on regardless. That’s why I’ve got him getting CoC on Elbaf while I’m still not sure Sanji ever will.
Immense will power my ass.....

The situation was not the same and you know it

Luffy went there to help Sanji, not the other way around, but Sanji as the loser he is betrayed his captain as he had no faith they could possibly oppose his family and the big meme.

Ont he other pannel Sanji was capured by fodder and couldnt escape because he was too weak to surpass his mother complex. Imagine Luffy giving up his dream and accepting defeat because he couldnt hit big mom because she is a woman.
:lulz::lulz::lulz::lulz:

No they did not, they where not even in the east blue. And even if that was the case, the rooftop 5 had to fight 2 yonkos because of him, and where was he to take responsability for causing that mess? captured by fodder and making himself a joke for the entire island to hear, all because he wanted to play he hero inside enemy territory like the stupid simp that he is....And he is weak enough to the point where he cant even take responsability for his own mess, cant even get out of there alone.

If an incompetent asshat like this ever get CoC then any incompetent idiot can get it, might as well give it to Orochi, at least he has more ambition than the shitty cook.
:kayneshrug:
So strong willed he gave up robin instead of just fucking dying 😂
This thread is the ''now that zoro has coc sanji will get it too'' thread without being called that
yea, it shows how sanji fans want sanji to be just like zoro :shocking:
Can We delete the thread please ? Thanks

Oh and this

You know what's funny? It's like when people are showing some kind of honesty, good people are always get flamed by society, and then bad people are usually the one that get away with their predicament. When it comes to logic, people tend to ignore what's called judgement because of their cycled of hatred. It's dumb really. Regardless, sometimes people need to realize themselves what's right or what's wrong so that they will open their eyes up. If I was the one that make this thread, people will definitely trying to act like a idiot and flame on me even harder than Chrono's thread.

But hey, filth are always filth.:kayneshrug:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You know what's funny? It's like when people are showing some kind of honesty, good people are always get flamed by society, and then bad people are usually the one that get away with their predicament. When it comes to logic, people tend to ignore what's called judgement because of their cycled of hatred. It's dumb really. Regardless, sometimes people need to realize themselves what's right or what's wrong so that they will open their eyes up. If I was the one that make this thread, people will definitely trying to act like a idiot and flame on me even harder than Chrono's thread.

People saying he has a weak will backed by manga events triggered this meltdown?

:kaidowhat:

"Good people always suffer the most in society meanwhile bad people always get away with it...something something about a cicle of hatred"

Calm down and tone down the edge mate, we are just poking fun of fictional characters, you know, we know, everyone knows why this thread was made...Zoro just got CoC and this is the way of Sanjistans to cope and try to justify to themselves why their fav should also get CoC.
:kayneshrug:

Last edited:
People saying he has a weak will backed by manga events triggered this meltdown?

:kaidowhat:
we live in a SOCIETY where sanji fans the Good People© are being flamed :pepecry:

meanwhile...

Tell me if this isn't pathetic enough?:josad:
but of course, since this is from sanji fans, it's just "le epic trolling" to zoro fans. But the society better not flame at the poor and good sanji fans! :risitasad:

Last edited:
But that isnt his ambition. That's more of his morals and a testament of the will to uphold it.....

Last time All Blue came up was in a gag. The last time before that was long ago...This isnt only a Sanji problem. All the SHs suffer from not rehashing their Ambition well enough. In comparison to Luffy who says it every chapter.

Why are you acting as if this is a moment to display loyalty to ambition. Fucking Luffy's life is on the line. If Sanji can't convince to Kuma he's a threat.....then he'll either kill Zoro and Luffy. Sanji's ambition of the All Blue is legendary, however it isnt a threat to the WG like the WSS or PK would be. That's it. It's not about Sanji not respecting his own ambition, it's about his Ambition not scoring him the bigger threat title....since it isnt a position of strength. If Sanji wants Kuma's wrath he needs to show how threatening he can be. And again being the person who found the All Blue isnt threatening.

Don't try to turn this into a whole....Sanji is embrassed about his ambition. It's clearly not the case. Shown when he was a kid and was mocked by the Chefs....yet still pursued the All blue.
The problem is you so largely have to draw from like 90 volumes ago. If were technical it's been a good minute since even Zoro has stated his goal. But we know because it affects how he lives.

Chopper's antidote bomb goes with his dream.

Robin's dream has everything to do with her role in Wano.

Nami's dream is apparent any time she hits water. Her navigation skills are like the best in the series already, as we see from what's said by other characters.

Usopp stole the show in Dressrosa. His epithet is "God."

Franky goal is the ship manifest. His destiny was even touched by Oden's flashback.

How does All Blue compare?