Anime & Manga Sbs volume 85 clarifies speed feat in Wano

In the SBS One Piece column volume 85, a reader asked, "Who is the fastest Straw Hat crew in a 50-meter race?" Oda answered by giving the reader an order from fastest to slowest.
  1. Brook
  2. Sanji
  3. Luffy
  4. Chopper
  5. Zoro
  6. Usopp
  7. Nami
  8. Robin
  9. Franky
This goes to show just how impressive sanjis speed is. Let's first take a look at Chopper dodging a laser attack from queen in 1014. Chopper in his best form and the 4th fastest sh just dodged a beam from queen barely.

Comparing this to zoro literally being drawn to have awkwardly avoided being hit by queens laser here
Along with zoro saying Tempura udon attack is "like a laser beam" here. Look at zoro in both panels. He's in the same position.

This all canonically makes sense if choppers faster than zoro. And according to an sbs he is. Now I normally wouldn't place choppers speed above zoros either but we can't ignore the portrayal and direct words from the author. Zoro is allowed to be surpassed in some aspects by other strawhats besides luffy.

Compare all this to sanji dodging a barrage of beams with a smile on his face

Knowing all of this and then sanjis new speed post awakening along with ifrit making him even faster than just invisible.

Sanjis fuckin broken right now

Last edited:
I think oda had said even though zoro got lost in way he finished 5th.
Matbe I'm wrong
He said he'd place higher if the race was shorter as he wouldn't get lost.
Yet somehow still beats nami and the rest. Seems to me like choppers just faster

Higher just means Chopper and him are about equal. Unless you place zoro above luffy
Post automatically merged:

Sanji's movement speed is alright but his combat speed is second only to Kizaru right now.
How is his movement speed alright?

We know he could accomplish moving faster than eye sight in wci. Attack and movement speed in one go. No diable jambe to boost his speeds.

Only snakeman was on the level of this feat.

Exo added even more speed. A significant boost to earn the invisibility df Kanji that no else has gotten.

I just wanna know how sanjis movement speed is just alright and how you logically came to this conclusion

Another proof Loda is a hack
Usopp and Nami were getting blitzed by a tobi joppo while Robin and Franky had no trouble with their opponents
Tobbi roppo don't necessarily share the same speeds or parralel the sh speed themselves

Last edited:
How is his movement speed alright?

We know he could accomplish moving faster than eye sight in wci. Attack and movement speed in one go no diable jambe to boost his speeds.

Only snakeman was on the level of this feat.

Exo added even more speed. A significant boost to earn the invisibility df Kanji that no else has gotten.

I just wanna know how sanjis movement speed is just alright and how you logically came to this conclusion
Sanji speedblitzed Oven in his combat speed mode. Attack and movement speed are very different.

Sanji speedblitzed Oven in his combat speed mode. Attack and movement speed are very different.
He blitzed oven but started from long distance. Thats travel speed and attack speed. He also ran back to his original position

The distance was lengthy for it being only attack speed

Yeah, but it is correlated, like Brook speedblitzing BM in WCI is because of high movement speed.
Although Brook would perform worse in an actual 1 vs 1 fight because he doesn't have COO and M3 reflexes .
Also wouldnt sanji who travels with his legs and attacks with his legs have the same speed?

I'd understand zoro who moves with legs but attacks with swords

1st reacting at something =/= running

2nd Zoro jumps awkwardly because he needs to hit the ground fast. If he jumps out of the way like Snaji up in the air he has no way of dodging like Sanji with Geppou . He gives a free hit to the opponent.

He moved even more awkwardly against the Ninja with the gun,Does that mean her gun > Laser beams in speed ?

Ridiculous notion.

1st reacting at something =/= running

2nd Zoro jumps awkwardly because he needs to hit the ground fast. If he jumps out of the way like Snaji up in the air he has no way of dodging like Sanji with Geppou . He gives a free hit to the opponent.

He moved even more awkwardly against the Ninja with the gun,Does that mean her gun > Laser beams in speed ?

Ridiculous notion.
Nah it means that you took a panel out of context. Zoro being surprised he's being attacked with a gun doesn't mean he's not capable of barely dodging a laser beam attacking him head on while charging up to fire.

Kinda reminds me of sanji dodging katakuri and the priest gun from point blank

Much more impressive and less of a struggle. Compared to your panel of zoro.

You only reinforced my argument. Thank you

Last edited:
It all makes sense as long as you're ready to accept the notion that Brook can outclass Sanji and Luffy in speed.
I can. Look at what he did to big meme

1. Dont forget to use Punk Hazard as example too, Nami & Zoro run together that time.

2. By 50 meter race, Oda means a "normal" running speed. Not battle mode running speed (Luffy's Gear, Zoro's/Brook's blitz attack).
He mentioned chopper using his different points in the sbs. So yes it includes g2

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
In the SBS One Piece column volume 85, a reader asked, "Who is the fastest Straw Hat crew in a 50-meter race?" Oda answered by giving the reader an order from fastest to slowest.
  1. Brook
  2. Sanji
  3. Luffy
  4. Chopper
  5. Zoro
  6. Usopp
  7. Nami
  8. Robin
  9. Franky
This goes to show just how impressive sanjis speed is. Let's first take a look at Chopper dodging a laser attack from queen in 1014. Chopper in his best form and the 4th fastest sh just dodged a beam from queen barely.

Comparing this to zoro literally being drawn to have awkwardly avoided being hit by queens laser here
Along with zoro saying Tempura udon attack is "like a laser beam" here. Look at zoro in both panels. He's in the same position.

This all canonically makes sense if choppers faster than zoro. And according to an sbs he is. Now I normally wouldn't place choppers speed above zoros either but we can't ignore the portrayal and direct words from the author. Zoro is allowed to be surpassed in some aspects by other strawhats besides luffy.

Knowing all of this and then sanjis new speed post awakening along with ifrit making him even faster than just invisible.

Chopper over Zoro? :kaidowhat::kaidowhat:

This thread is just another pathetic attempt to downplay Zoro's speed and overrate Sanji's speed.

You left off the part where Oda stated Zoro got lost in the race and would place higher if he didn't get lost. That alone proves Zoro is faster.

That is a race not combat speed, there is a difference. Brooks couldn't even handle zombie Ryuma's speed when he was holding back. While Zoro had no problem dealing with Ryuma's full speed.

Zoro didn't struggle against the lasers. That's your BS headcannon to try to downplay Zoro's speed. Zoro only commented on King's beak attack not Queen lasers. It's funny because on that same page Zoro reacts faster than Sanji to King's attack. Zoro is blocking by the time Sanji notice it. How convenient of you to leave that out.

You could try to downplay Zoro's speed as much as you want but in the end Zoro has handled and blitz faster characters than ones Sanji has faced.

Last edited:
  1. Brook
  2. Sanji
  3. Luffy
  4. Chopper
  5. Zoro
  6. Usopp
  7. Nami
  8. Robin
  9. Franky

:luffylaugh: