Speculations Serious Thread. Did Oda Quietly Admit He Messed Up With Aramaki’s Portrayal In Wano?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
This is what I’m saying though. By using Aramaki, we’ve convoluted the timeline more and it isn’t clear if Aramaki went to Sphinx before or after Wano, and it’s also confusing why Aramaki was so obsessed with impressing Akainu if he’d already gotten Weevil.
The line from Ryukogyuu is to establish his character trait for his readers.
It was his introduction in the manga and hence Oda gave as many exposition about his character as possible, just like what we got from the other Admirals.
Even stuff like his rant about how the Celestial Dragons are gods felt really out of place, the Wano folk don't even know who they are lmao.

Like this could have just been Fujitora or Kizaru and it wouldn’t have been nearly as convoluted imo which makes it feel like a narratively retroactive choice.
Maybe, other Admirals can be used.
Though i still don't see why Oda should give this to Aramaki to "save" his portrayal in Wano... there is nothing to save or salvage.

Death Usagi, a Japanese speaker, literally confirmed that it was a low diff on Twitter.
Yes, because a Japanese speaker has some kind of clairvoyance, unlike us, and thus, he can see stuff that wasn't even showed/explained in the manga right? The Viz aka the official translation might help us a little bit more but it won't remove the fact that we still don't know precisely what happened in-between. We don't know if Hostages where a key component, if Weevil went all out or not to avoid collateral destruction... hell we don't even know if Aramaki fought alone. I'm not saying that those things happened, I'm just trying to prove my point that we aren't only missing some details but the entire battle

I think Oda choose GB instead of Fuji because Ratel and co were acting like delinquents/bad marines in an unaffiliated island which is how he portrayed GB in Wano ... so he would feel more logical to have GB there to bail em out instead of Fuji.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I do agree that this whole Ryokugyu capturing Weevil plot line literally came out of nowhere. Is this Oda admitting that he “messed up” with Ryokugyu? I don’t think so because Ryokugyu’s portrayal in Wano in the proper context and not the retard context was stellar. Even the Film Red promo moment wasn’t even that bad lol.

Like I said, go to page 2 of my profile and I predicted Ryokugyu was going to capture Kid after Wano. Oda loves the Admirals but he acknowledges that these characters are narratively the villains and so he often focuses more on giving “good characters” hype moments rather than chadacters like Ryokugyu who is explicitly a villain of this manga. But when it comes down to it, Oda has the Admirals extremely high on the power scale, like I said I doubt the Yonko can overwhelmingly crush Weevil when Kaido couldn’t beat Yamato and Big Mom got captured by Queen. Oda not giving Ryokugyu emotional/narrative hype and payoff like he does for characters like the Samurai, Yamato, Momonosuke, Weevil etc. ultimately means nothing because Ryokugyu is massively higher than these guys on the power scale. Narrative hype and payoff =/////= strength level.

So was this Weevil stuff Oda admitting he fucked up in Wano? Only Oda knows that I guess, but I knew Oda was going to have to make it up to Marine fans after 1055 which is why I thought Aramaki would pack up Kid, but Weevil is arguably a better apology from Oda anyway. Lol

Death Usagi, a Japanese speaker, literally confirmed that it was a low diff on Twitter.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...eg-diffd-by-aramaki-there-is-no-debate.37124/

OP Scans either messed up the translation or are showing some agenda (like with the Zoro sweat stains).

The actually dialogue isn’t Bakkin saying “I could do anything.” It’s Bakkin saying “Weevil couldn’t do anything.”
Post automatically merged:

Of course. This is basically what’s required of a Navy Admiral. Which is my point.

Im putting all pretense and trolling aside. Obviously I don’t think Weevil is Primebeard level (no shit Sherlock, none of us actually think this).

I’m just saying that the Weevil scenario feels odd to me and not just out of nowhere but also as if it wasn’t planned very long ago.
Death Usagi is a fucking random like come on.
You gotta stop with the cope.

this whole subplot feels a little out of nowhere.
It's not

The abolition of the shichibukai was set up since dressrosa. With the shichibukai system abolished, who else could take in Weevil? Kizaru and the seraphim are at egghead island, akainu never leaves new marineford, so it was always either going to be GB or Fujitora who would take him out.

Huh, I thought you said Ryokugyu did fight Weevil?

My post was to prove that they fought, not the diff.

You really are context insensitive huh
You just said he low diffed are you a retard or what
I don't care if he low mid or high diffed Weevil, as that's his job to do such and he's expected to pull that off against most Warlords, but you gotta stop trying to push the agenda that he clapped him or got clapped, we don't know what happened yet.
For all we know, Weevil was still conscious on the ship.

You just said he low diffed are you a retard or what
I don't care if he low mid or high diffed Weevil, as that's his job to do such and he's expected to pull that off against most Warlords, but you gotta stop trying to push the agenda that he clapped him or got clapped, we don't know what happened yet.
For all we know, Weevil was still conscious on the ship.
Wait what does Weevil being conscious have to do with anything?