Speculations Serious Thread. Did Oda Quietly Admit He Messed Up With Aramaki’s Portrayal In Wano?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
But don't forget, Weevil is the only candidate capable of being the one to cut off Z's arm, and kill his entire crew.

We might see a whole different side of Weevil when Miss Bakkin isn't around to control him.

Not saying he's stronger than an Admiral, but Oda might be playing up something for Weevil here.
I would’ve thought Weevil’s Marine hunter epithet virtually confirms him as the one took Zephyr’s arm

EDIT: Oh no you’re right never mind. Lol

But don't forget, Weevil is the only candidate capable of being the one to cut off Z's arm, and kill his entire crew.

We might see a whole different side of Weevil when Miss Bakkin isn't around to control him.

Not saying he's stronger than an Admiral, but Oda might be playing up something for Weevil here.
cant feed in non canon movie stories into the canon story.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Oddly specific detail about incorporating one of the post skip Shichibukai who joined during the time skip in there on Odas part.
If Weevil really did get his arm chopped off by Zephyr, and Ryokugyu really did overwhelmingly defeat Weevil (it appears he did), then Oda is really hyping the draftee duo lol. Them potentially being stronger than an old Gen Admiral is pretty enormous hype.

While film did affected GB's performace you are forgetting how oda handles shanks. Oda always makes him good look. He stopped the MF war ; was able to have a convo with gorosei ; was able to stop Kaido albeit Kaido didn't have his crew but still ; made BBP back off when BB was high on his power and even challenged all of the marines etc etc

Oda always give shanks insane hype

No matter how specific it is
if you cant consistently apply that across other movies
then its simply a cherry picked instance.

most op movies are made to fit within the scope of whats currently happening in the story
It was done with Shiki and Uta. If Weevil truly is the one to have cut off his arm, then it stands to reason that incident will be brought to the forefront of the manga, during Weevils plot line.

Look at the top left panel closely
Hiyori?
Post automatically merged:

It was done with Shiki and Uta. If Weevil truly is the one to have cut off his arm, then it stands to reason that incident will be brought to the forefront of the manga, during Weevils plot line.
then when its brought into light in the story it becomes canon
but till its is, its not
zephyr has never been mentioned in the story.

Now that I’ve calmed down a bit, it does kind of feel like the Weevil-GB situation is Oda deciding he had to toss Aramaki a bone after going a little hard with Film Red promo in Wano.

Maybe I’m crazy for feeling this way, but it almost feels like Oda is quietly admitting he messed up with Ryokugyu’s portrayal. Like I kind of doubt Aramaki was always planned to be the one to take in Weevil, and this whole subplot feels a little out of nowhere. Obviously we were always going to get Weevil clone info in the arc about Vegapunk, but the specific events around it are a bit weird and random.

The fact that Oda is trying to give Aramaki some respect after the fact actually restores a lot of my confidence in how he’ll handle the admirals forward.

Edit:
When I say “serious thread” I mean it. Obviously Weevil is not Primebeard level (and anyone who actually thinks people are serious when they say this is an idiot).

All of that pretense is dropped here. I’m just saying that this plotline feels off to me.

Second edit:
This is not a powerscaling thread. I don’t care about the circumstances of the fight or even if Weevil and Aramaki actually fought. That’s not relevant to the point I’m making.

The point is that Oda decided to have Aramaki take in Weevil, seemingly out of nowhere. Why narratively did he do this?
I think it had to be him, Fuji is too nice to attack the unprotected village,kizaru is going to egg head and akainu is in paperwork hell