Speculations Shanks has to be the Holy Knight in the Silhouette

Everything that happened this chapter is connected to the Reverie and what happened there

What we got in the Reverie was a scene of Shanks talking to the Gorosei with no connection to anything else that was going on at the time

There was no reason to show Shanks in the Reverie Arc when from our perspective at the time he had 0 connection to it.

If we take the scene and now this silhouette it makes sense to why we saw him on his own without his crew.

According to Akainu, when there is a Dispute among CDs or a Decision needs to be made regarding a CD (Such as Mjosgard's Actions)
Holy Knights take responsibility. It's also seen that CDs have Full Authority over CP-0 & Admirals, but never Summoned Holy Knights.

We can also see that there are Statues for them in Mary Geoise which is obviously OP's Land of Knights similar to how Wano is Land of Samurai & Elbaf is Land of Vikings, so Holy Knights are Representatives of that Land, not CDs who are basically Outsiders who decided to live there 800 Years ago.

Also despite CP-0 & Marine HQ & Seraphims being Active already, Dragon said that only when Holy Knights make a move, can it be considered that WG truly joined War.

So based on all of this, Holy Knights are not mere Commanders or Guards or Subordinates, They have Very High Authority & even CDs must listen to them.

I explained all of this, cuz Gorosei's Reaction to meeting Shanks didn't look like They are meeting someone of Holy Knights, it clearly was portrayed that They are meeting someone who isn't supposed to be there & They have no obligation to listen to, but did it out of respect

The Reason these Knights have even Higher Authority than CDs & yet aren't included when talking about WG Hierarchy is cuz They are basically The World's Version of Big Mom's Incarnations

Big Mom's Incarnations are pieces of her Soul who enforce her Soul Tax & obviously any offence against them is an offence against Big Mom herself, so technically They hold Higher Presence than even Sweet Commanders but They aren't considered Officers or Part of Big Mom Pirates Hierarchy

So similar, these Holy Knights are Incarnations who enforce CD's Tax (Hence why They will Target those Rebellious Nations) and They can judge between CDs even though They aren't considered above Gorosei Politically

Everything that happened this chapter is connected to the Reverie and what happened there

What we got in the Reverie was a scene of Shanks talking to the Gorosei with no connection to anything else that was going on at the time

There was no reason to show Shanks in the Reverie Arc when from our perspective at the time he had 0 connection to it.

If we take the scene and now this silhouette it makes sense to why we saw him on his own without his crew.
It could just be someone who looks like shanks.

My take on this is very simple.

If the Celestial Dragons, the Gorosei or Im thought it was a good idea to trust Shanks with any position of power, it will be the dumbest idea anyone in One Piece has ever had.

Shanks was raised by Roger. That alone should disqualify him from ever being brought back into the fold. They wouldn’t let Doflamingo back in because of his father’s actions, but they are happy with a guy who spent the formative years of his life under the eye of their greatest enemy? Makes zero sense. (Shanks was far too young to have been a spy sent to them).

So the situation would be that Shanks
-runs around as a pirate with Rogerfrom when he was a baby to when he was 14
-is somehow welcomed back as a Celestial Dragon
-is allowed to…. continue to be a pirate, eventually becoming one of the four leaders?
-In this time, steals the Nika fruit from them

How is this a good plan? What exactly does the leaders of the world gain through this subterfuge? If piracy was a homogenous organisation like the Marines it would make sense, because then they could take it down from the inside. But that isn’t the case.

If the Celestial Dragons, the Gorosei or Im thought it was a good idea to trust Shanks with any position of power, it will be the dumbest idea anyone in One Piece has ever had.

Shanks was raised by Roger. That alone should disqualify him from ever being brought back into the fold. They wouldn’t let Doflamingo back in because of his father’s actions, but they are happy with a guy who spent the formative years of his life under the eye of their greatest enemy? Makes zero sense. (Shanks was far too young to have been a spy sent to them).

-is allowed to…. continue to be a pirate, eventually becoming one of the four leaders?

How is this a good plan? What exactly does the leaders of the world gain through this subterfuge? If piracy was a homogenous organisation like the Marines it would make sense, because then they could take it down from the inside. But that isn’t the case.
I mean, we know nothing about their relationship lol, so its not good to assume we know what they trust him with and what they dont, assuming thats even the case.

Considering they trust Shanks enough to not walk into a room and fight or kill the Gorosei, its not really outside of the realm of possibility.

I mean, we know nothing about their relationship lol, so its not good to assume we know what they trust him with and what they dont, assuming thats even the case.

Considering they trust Shanks enough to not walk into a room and fight or kill the Gorosei, its not really outside of the realm of possibility.
If it’s an assumption about their relationship, it’s one based on solid facts.

It’s a fact that Shanks‘ formative years were under Roger. He is, essentially, Shanks’ father. That should automatically set alarm bells off about any of Shanks‘ actions.

It’s also a fact that Doflamingo was not allowed to be a Celestial Dragon again.

Now, you may argue that Shanks never actually repudiated his heritage. Well, I would argue that sailing with Roger was as big a middle finger to the Celestial Dragons as you can possibly give, as a CD (which Shanks almost certainly is now). If they let Shanks back in, but not Doffy- who was pretty much a typical CD- then like I said, they are morons.

Moving on from facts to speculation

There’s the entire Yonko thing. I cannot think of a single advantage the World Gov gain by having a Holy Knight masquerade as a pirate and rise to that level. It’s not like the Yonko have regular conferences to decide the future of piracy. Then a double agent makes sense. But Shanks is just one of four emperors, all opposed to each other, who are the big wigs of countless pirates, all enemies of each other. There’s nothing that Yonko Shanks can accomplish that benefits the World Gov that an Admiral Shanks couldn’t. If they wanted a sleeper agent, they should have told him to go join up with Whitebeard or Kaido so he could influence them. Or kill them. That actually benefits them.

And if the argument is, maybe they aren’t letting Shanks do it, he’s just so strong or so willful they can’t stop him- then wtf are they keeping him as a HK? There is a super strong, uncontrollable man who, again, was raised by their greatest enemy, and they still have him in this position? That is, like I said, idiotic.

As to trusting him not to meet the Gorosei- absolutely does not require him to work for them. Actually makes Shanks a weaker character (Not in the power-levelling sense.) Shanks being able to do that because Shanks is fundamentally known worldwide as a man worthy of respect and trust is far better than Shanks being their subordinate. He‘s simply not the kind of person who would assassinate people under the guise of a meeting.

It’s a fact that Shanks‘ formative years were under Roger. He is, essentially, Shanks’ father. That should automatically set alarm bells off about any of Shanks‘ actions.

It’s also a fact that Doflamingo was not allowed to be a Celestial Dragon again.

Now, you may argue that Shanks never actually repudiated his heritage. Well, I would argue that sailing with Roger was as big a middle finger to the Celestial Dragons as you can possibly give, as a CD (which Shanks almost certainly is now). If they let Shanks back in, but not Doffy- who was pretty much a typical CD- then like I said, they are morons.

There’s the entire Yonko thing. I cannot think of a single advantage the World Gov gain by having a Holy Knight masquerade as a pirate and rise to that level. It’s not like the Yonko have regular conferences to decide the future of piracy. Then a double agent makes sense. But Shanks is just one of four emperors, all opposed to each other, who are the big wigs of countless pirates, all enemies of each other. There’s nothing that Yonko Shanks can accomplish that benefits the World Gov that an Admiral Shanks couldn’t. If they wanted a sleeper agent, they should have told him to go join up with Whitebeard or Kaido so he could influence them. Or kill them. That actually benefits them.

And if the argument is, maybe they aren’t letting Shanks do it, he’s just so strong or so willful they can’t stop him- then wtf are they keeping him as a HK? There is a super strong, uncontrollable man who, again, was raised by their greatest enemy, and they still have him in this position? That is, like I said, idiotic.

As to trusting him not to meet the Gorosei- absolutely does not require him to work for them. Actually makes Shanks a weaker character (Not in the power-levelling sense.) Shanks being able to do that because Shanks is fundamentally known worldwide as a man worthy of respect and trust is far better than Shanks being their subordinate. He‘s simply not the kind of person who would assassinate people under the guise of a meeting.
I get what you are saying, but.....there is no reason for the Author to paint the scene of Shanks visiting the Gorosei as a plot twist if its not one lol. Even the editor remarks are supposed to enact a response from the reader to question "why" he's there in the first place.

It is a clearly a meeting that needed to happen in secret for unspecified reasons. You have the WGA meeting with a pirate. They arent even concerned he snuck into Pangaea castle lol.

And really comparing to Doflamingo doesnt work, because he's a far more destructive and chaotic person by nature. The only reason he was accepted back was because he was privvy to knowledge he shouldnt have known (i.e. National Treasure). Shanks on the otherhand clearly is trusted enough to meet at the heart of the WG without needing to hold them hostage.

There is also a huge gap of time (~14 years) where we have no idea what Shanks was doing post Roger to meeting Luffy. we are left with 2 clues on this. One is the conversation between Roger and Shanks that caused him to cry. Oda hid this for some unspecified reason. The 2nd is Buggy's original thoughts on Shanks were now shown that he did not want to succeed Roger or go after One Piece, seemingly before Luffy was even born.

Anyway, im not necessarily stating he needs to be a God's Knight. He can be whatever he needs to be that makes logical sense. But I do not agree with the idea that nothing weird is going on or that there arent ulterior motives coming from the character. There is absolutely something going on, otherwise the Gorosei scene wouldnt even exist.

I get what you are saying, but.....there is no reason for the Author to paint the scene of Shanks visiting the Gorosei as a plot twist if its not one lol. Even the editor remarks are supposed to enact a response from the reader to question "why" he's there in the first place.
I’m not arguing it’s not a plot twist though.

Clealry, whether it‘s Shanks or a relative of Shanks, it is a plot twist.

What I’m saying is that Shanks being both a Holy Knight and a Yonko makes the Gorosei absolute morons.

And really comparing to Doflamingo doesnt work, because he's a far more destructive and chaotic person by nature. The only reason he was accepted back was because he was privvy to knowledge he shouldnt have known (i.e. National Treasure). Shanks on the otherhand clearly is trusted enough to meet at the heart of the WG without needing to hold them hostage.
Doflamingo wasn’t let back in purely because of what his father did.

It wasn’t because Doflamingo himself was cruel or violent. Because those are not traits the Celestial Dragons are overly concerned about. And he was only ten, at that point he hadn’t done anything overly chaotic. It was actually their rejection of him that caused him to go nuts.

So, Doflamingo, not allowed to return because dad turned his back on the Celestial Dragons. He had lived as a CD for several years and had all their attitudes.

Shanks, allowed to return, despite living for fourteen years with Roger. He had lived all his fourteen years with Roger and Roger’s values.

I’m saying, again, that if that’s what the Gorosei decided, then they are thick. They are also thick if their next step was to give Shanks free reign to roam around the world as a pirate. Wearing Roger’s hat. Matching the hidden hat in Mariejois.

i'm firmly in the snitch is evil and luffy is his pawn camp (and i hate garp) but these are very good posts.

very good indeed.

:memehm: